Watched Machete last night, which was every bit as stupid and bloody as I hoped it would be.

Django won't win so i ain't watching

Quentin Tarantino, accepting the best screenplay award for his film Django Unchained, said: "This is a damn surprise, and I'm happy to be surprised."

What I'll say about Looper, forgive the platitude, is that it's only enjoyable if you can suspend your disbelief.

I *never* watch Time Travel movies and bother with overthinking the physics/logistics/paradoxical schematics, because let's get something clear: Who gives a shit?

Does it make people smart to poke holes in fucking time travel? Knock yourself out, I guess.

Looper delivered on two key matters and yes, I critiqued it with kid gloves perhaps because of generic expectations. Within its genre, it was fantastic. For a mere $30M, Rian Johnson created a well-photographed universe (exceptionally well if you ask me - that final shot of Blunt was delicious!) and even managed a few decent effects shots.

In the final 2 minutes of the film, he also managed to kill the protagonist / leading man, at once ending the very thin romance AND pissing off people who hate sad endings. Kudos to him for that. I thought the ending was totally perfect. It was well acted, well choreographed, and delivered the action while being thoughtful at the same time. I loved the little kid and MY GOD, BLUNT GIVES BONERS.

Some people may not realize it, but $30M is jackfuckingshit. That's how much Hollywood pays for the privilege of casting Kristen Stewart these days.

i always enjoyed stephen hawkings theory, that aside from all the inevitable and ridiculous paradoxes of putting more than one of the same person in the same time, any actual successful time portal would almost immediately explode like a nuke due to feedback of the tiny amount of radiation that exists in the atmosphere.

as far as recommendations i havent enjoyed, my memory for that is terrible, one i can definetely remember is the ashes of time redux, which while looking great, had way too much of insubstantial plot and ended up boring me so much that i turned it off 20 minutes before the end. great colours in it though.

if inception is james bond in a dream looper is what??? time traveling John McLane??? NO!!! die hard kicks balls!!! looper doesn't

suspension of disbelief??? fuck off, the movie doesn't have a pinch of comedy to it like back to the future and alikes...

Guest Mirezzi
WEST OF MEMPHIS

west_of_memphis_poster.jpg

Caught this last night.

Depressing as fuck. I dunno, I liked the first Paradise Lost the most because it was so heartbreaking, etc. but comparing these films seems to miss the point.

It was disappointing, however, to see Peter Jackson more or less grandstand with West of Memphis. There was an unbelievable amount of effort, money, and energy expended by the advocates and supporters involved with the original HBO documentaries as well as the website WM3.org. They were barely mentioned in WoM.

The shit about Terry Hobbes was frightening.

if inception is james bond in a dream looper is what??? time traveling John McLane??? NO!!! die hard kicks balls!!! looper doesn't

suspension of disbelief??? fuck off, the movie doesn't have a pinch of comedy to it like back to the future and alikes...

Looper definitely needed some lols. It was indeed a bit too earnest.

9/10

fan-art_02.jpg

love it, it's so twin peaksy, the tangent timeline is like you're in a david lynch movie, it's so dreamy and trippy, despicable and awkward characters all the way, troublesome silences, add to it a bit of tim & eric's comedy and you're there. perfect! oh and the soundtrack, top notch!

this montage was made by satan himself:

[youtubehd]xwg2pwAHQQM[/youtubehd]

well, you gave arbitrage 9 or 8 and while it is in fact a pretty solid movie, it is a product which doesn't do anything for me but entertain. if i wanna be entertained i go to a circus or something or watch football...

SPARKLE.jpg

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

No worries. I hadn't realized until your last two posts that you're still in high school.

dude, when you feel the the need to vomit like that up there, just swallow it ok?

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

Then again, my enjoyment of Looper probably had a lot to do with low expectations and a crush for Emily Blunt. I'M WEAK!

lol but yeah, I'll pretty much watch Emily Blunt paint a fence beige for 3 hours

actually, that sounds pretty good

Edited by baph

silver linings playbook - 4/10

i don't know, i didn't hate it, maybe a weak 6 but damn, i kept the whole movie wondering how shit like this got nominated...

Les Miserables - don't go unless you are rockin a vagina, even then maybe look for something else to do.

downloaded it, realized it was a musical, erased it...

My dad wanted to go see Silver Linings Playbook because they shot part of it in my hometown. I used to go to the Llanerch Diner a lot. I told him to watch the trailer before he went and he thanked me profusely for saving him the time & money.