elle - flol, so fucking ridiculous it's basically surreal, but entertaining as hell and possibly brilliant as well...though you never really know with this troll. never change paul.

I rewatched Starship Troopers last weekend. It's still brilliant!

Jaypers didn't know he made a new film - great news!

Re-watched Show Girls the other night, zips along, sort of like cocaine for the eyes, splendid fun! Goes on that bit too long and the ending is a bit disappointing...but the rest makes up for it

Pop goes the zipper

this one is gettin some hype

"From acclaimed director Julia Ducournau"

*checks*

So hot young chicks are now making hyped movies, i'm not a non-sexist but film industry's gone to shit, i'm outta this wreck

2016+Toronto+International+Film+Festival

Mulholland Drive

Obviously late but i'm redirecting the compulsion to make a whole thread about it. I'm enamored with everything about this movie, it has engulfed me. I now understand all the varied contexts in which this movie has been recommended to me before

edit: can i just fucking make a thread about it anyways? wanna tear that shit apart ~cinematically~

Edited by BoomTssPhace

he thinks sexy ladies can't make movies? he also admits he's sexist.

lol. saw the trailer for this before moonlight (after having read about it doing the film circuit earlier in the year). looks pretty intense.

really wish it was directed by a man though

saw kong (due to logistics actually had to pay). far worse than i expected. i'm 99% sure i saw john goodman reading from a cue card (totally phoning it in and couldn't be arsed to learn his lines). sam jackson is the only one who seemed like he was even trying to act. 

i would love to personally shake the hand of whichever asshole writer thought it would look wicked to have hiddleston fight a gaggle of cgi chainsaw birds in a cloud of neon gas with a samurai sword

kong must've been directed by a woman, right?

Mulholland Drive

Obviously late but i'm redirecting the compulsion to make a whole thread about it. I'm enamored with everything about this movie, it has engulfed me. I now understand all the varied contexts in which this movie has been recommended to me before

edit: can i just fucking make a thread about it anyways? wanna tear that shit apart ~cinematically~

I'm always up for talking about Mulholland Drive. I watched it again for the billionth time a couple of days ago.

I'm halfway through Passengers and I'm really struggling to not turn this off. So damned boring.

Stuff is finally happening and it's somehow even worse than the boring stuff.

Edited by Gocab

220px-The_Belko_Experiment_poster.jpg

imagine battle royale meets office space... in Columbia; in an office building. yeah, this is that movie. it works but there are too many similarities with battle royale (like the time limits and kill x amount of people) and a guy's voice explaining the rules (minus cute jp schoolgirl pantomiming emotions)

6.5 kills out of 10

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Edited by Nebraska

Body Melt
Forgotten Australian body horror/comedy flick - twas' good fun! Big production, didn't feel too cheap alike some films in this ballpark - loads of great practical effects...starts out great but slowly weakens as it goes along, but still worth a watch if you're in the mood for some splatter :cisfor:

Has anyone noticed the beginnings of Shivers and High-Rise are almost identical? Was the book so blatant in spelling out the utopian apartment building? Because Shivers and High-Rise (the book) both came out in 1975, so it doesn't seem likely Cronenberg was inspired by Ballard's novel, was it?