matt damon makes me want to cry too

i guess you're being sarcastic but i thought that initial scene was really well put together

Which scene? the only one I thought was emotionally moving at all was when they came back from the stupid water gravity planet and watched 20 years worth of logs from their kids

i guess you're being sarcastic but i thought that initial scene was really well put together

Which scene? the only one I thought was emotionally moving at all was when they came back from the stupid water gravity planet and watched 20 years worth of logs from their kids

so yeah, that was a really good scene and the scene where damon first wakes up and sees the first human in (i dunno it's been a while since i saw the movie, but it seemed like he hadn't seen anybody in a real long time and he started crying). those were the two scenes that got me that way.

My gf and I both started laughing uncontrollably when he showed up. Wasn't expecting that.

The dialogue in this movie was atrocious. Every scene with dude and his dad on the porch was like if someone tried to write a "poignant" moment into Duck Dynasty. 

murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph 

murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph

I'M IN THE BOOKSHELF MURPH!!! I HAVE TO YELL EXPOSITION FOR THE LAST FIFTEEN MINUTES OF THIS FILM MURPH!!! WE CAN'T TRUST THE INTELLIGENCE OF THE AUDIENCE MURPH!!!

Yesterday:

Mockingjay Part 1

The Lost World: Jurassic Park

Today:

Mockingjay Part 2

I forgot how fucking meta The Lost World is, every third line from Goldblum is a jokey one-liner. And I love it.

And god help me, for some reason The last three Hunger Games movies just do it for me. The first one was bad but Catching Fire won me over and the last two are stupid fun as well. I have no shame.

LIFE

0/10 

god!

I heard it was decently freaky and a throback to Alien. Is it really as shit as you say?

It's not good. It's ok. I mean, Jake Gyllenhaal is in it so it's automatically a sexy movie.

murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph murph

I'M IN THE BOOKSHELF MURPH!!! I HAVE TO YELL EXPOSITION FOR THE LAST FIFTEEN MINUTES OF THIS FILM MURPH!!! WE CAN'T TRUST THE INTELLIGENCE OF THE AUDIENCE MURPH!!!

*genius girl Murph runs nowhere for no reason ecstatically*

*dramatic high-notes piano loop*

EUREKA!!!

*throws sheets in the air at random place for coolness factor*

*zoom-in as nobody notices the act*

*kisses the only man who bother to check out*

COZ THERE'S NOT ENOUGH CHEESE IN THIS MOVIE

oh come on, it's not that terrible compared to the rest of the shit Hollywood churns out.

Yeah, at least this movie tried something new. Nolan is good at making blockbuster movies that do new things - both visually and story-wise. It's still a blockbuster movie (hence the snow action scene in Inception) but he's definitely one of the most interesting guys out there.

Also, I watched that 6-7 minute preview of Dunkirk in IMAX - holy fucking shit that looks dry as fuck but in the best possible way.

enjoyed Redford as the overbearing semi-psychopathic type, when he was dressing down the female center-attendee that veneer of warmth just dissolved away in rare form

its quite rare to see grief treated with something resembling intelligence & empathy from mainstream US films in recent years & the ending was well crafted

enjoyed Redford as the overbearing semi-psychopathic type, when he was dressing down the female center-attendee that veneer of warmth just dissolved away in rare form

its quite rare to see grief treated with something resembling intelligence & empathy from mainstream US films in recent years & the ending was well crafted

Wow, I didn't expect you of all people to like it, haha!

I didn't like the way everything got explained at the end.

Let_the_Fire_Burn_poster.jpg

watched this after the 1985 MOVE bombing was brought up in one of the other threads. 10/10 - well-crafted, compelling, pretty depressing. there are a lot of lessons to be learned here about how not to achieve peaceful compromise between two sides that are both unjustified in their own ways. the mayor and political apparatus seemed completely disconnected and incompetent, while the cops... there's no better proof of how bad the problem of policing the police in the US is, especially when you look at all the recent BLM-related trouble and realise they haven't learnt shit. at least they're not firebombing people, I guess.

most of all I felt really bad for the kid, Birdie, especially after finding out about his untimely death in 2013. his innocent years were robbed from him.

I also watched the Frontline doco that was posted in the other thread, good stuff as well.

hWkX10l.jpg

Clash (2016)

I'm kind of a sucker for single location films and this is a nice fit. A gang of opposing protesters are stuck in the back of a police truck during the Egypt riots that led to the fall of the Muslim Brotherhood and we're stuck with them for the duration of the film. Shit gets pretty tense. It's not as cheesy and preachy as these things usually are, even though it falters every now and then. All in all it's quite good. 8/10

Edited by Gocab