Meadowland - A good example of good filmaking but pretty dull to get into. A tad cliche as well. At the very least goes up in my books with Olivia Wilde writhing in misery by listening to Burzum's Filosofem.

The Divergent Series: Insurgent - Yet more YA sci-fi dystopia trash. Some interesting visuals, I guess.

deathnote

this was a disaster. 

I realised this thing's existence just yesterday when I saw it in a banner on rarbg advertising new rips. I lol'd.

in other disaster news, I just like two seconds ago found out that an adaptation of Stephen King's Cell which I had heard was in the works years ago and was kind of curious to check out has already come and gone (2016) and was hilariously bad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfNpCzK1S7Q

count the lols. 2:17 is especially good.

Edited by usagi

deathnote

this was a disaster.

I realised this thing's existence just yesterday when I saw it in a banner on rarbg advertising new rips. I lol'd.

in other disaster news, I just like two seconds ago found out that an adaptation of Stephen King's Cell which I had heard was in the works years ago and was kind of curious to check out has already come and gone (2016) and was hilariously bad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfNpCzK1S7Q

count the lols. 2:17 is especially good.

Cusack has been peaking these last couple of years

^yeah Cell got the adaptation it deserved. Probably SK's most terrible book

Alien - Covfefe

I was enjoying this right up til the point they decided to just turn it into Alien: Greatest Hits about 50mins before the end.

bushwick - new york's heavily armed ethnic diversity fights against southern alt-right uprising. no budget, no acting skills, no sensible script and not even an ending, but with a lot of effort put into mimicking children of men's action sequences, a laughable trainwreck of a film. 2/10 kosher molotov cocktails.

Edited by eugene

bushwick - new york's heavily armed ethnic diversity fights against southern alt-right uprising. no budget, no acting skills, no sensible script and not even an ending, but with a lot of effort put into mimicking children of men's action sequences, a laughable trainwreck of a film. 2/10 kosher molotov cocktails.

i need to see this

Winter on Fire, a doco about the 2014 Ukraine/Euromaidan uprising. really good. I was amazed at the availability and quality of some of the pieced-together and cleaned-up footage. the advent of pocket-sized recording devices has changed the game, in terms of getting source material to reconstruct events like this. overall the doco was probably a bit too one-sided though, to make it more digestible to non-Ukrainian audiences.

T2:3D - Ed Furlong too much too young. Sarah Connor is like a bastardised white Grace Jones in this but homicidal. 3D ist gut though.

Lickthementalpatient'scheek/10