Hoping 'It' will be as good as it looks. May read the book. Any good?

the book is nice.

i have very low expectations for this film judging from the trailers. i'm a huge fan of the tv series and this looks plain shitty to me. we'll see.

I might just read the book before the movie then, thanks! I didn't know there was a TV series... that sounds good.

From the looks of the trailer the casting seems decent, so hoping the movie will live up to expectations.

I might just read the book before the movie then, thanks! I didn't know there was a TV series... that sounds good.

From the looks of the trailer the casting seems decent, so hoping the movie will live up to expectations.

it was a miniseries, 2 feature films. you're not familiar with that face?

timeline_1471545218_00032.jpg

Don't watch the TV movie. Read the book then watch a YouTube clip of all of Tim Currie's clown moments.

I'll see the new one, the director came across well in an interview and seemed to understand the source material.

The miniseries is terriblol and I'm pretty sure the new film will be utter shite as well.

wind river - taylor sheridan is trash. portentous, ridiculous dialogue, preachy, sullen tone. he seems to think he's the poet laureate of the american west, like the heir to cormac mccarthy. i thought hell or high water was garbage, easily the most overrated movie of the last five years, but this was even worse. 

lady snowblood - bought this during criterion's sale. pretty disappointing. couldn't get through the second one. low grade japanese pulp, not even particularly interesting as a b-movie like lone wolf and cub or the samurai trilogy. not surprised it inspired tarantino's worst film.

it was a miniseries, 2 feature films. you're not familiar with that face?

timeline_1471545218_00032.jpg

Hehe... Sure seen that mug before, just didn't know about the mini series... Sorry - don't shoot... just ordered my copy of the book though.

Phase IV

This was amazing. Intensive ant macro photography meets 2001: a space odyssey.

Watch it if you have not.

I just looked on YT and they have it plus also the MST3K version, which should I watch (or rather, put on my Watch List but never actually view)?

The original, it's really good. You will also get all sorts of BoC washed out 70's sci-fi vibes from it 

Yea defo original...don't have much experience with the MST3K boys, but usually they seem to only work when the film is utterly awful, but Phase IV is near a meisterwerk!

Try seek out a bluray rip if you can, watching in as high quality as possible will only make the experience better :beer:

Watched the circle yesterday and considered how it might be the most embarrassing piece of shit film I had ever seen ... That it would be difficult to come across a film even a fraction as abysmal. Nobody could make a film this weak and surely it would be a long time before I see a film in even the same dogshit league as this. But then today, only 24 hrs later, I saw Trainspotting 2.

The Circle was indeed one of the most awful pieces of shit I've seen in a long time, there was only one scene in the entire film that was even vaguely passable (the bit with the pod people who wanted her to engage more with the bulshit corporate social media thing, was funny). Emma Watson is a terrible actor for one thing, but the story was just idiotic, also her character learned absolutely nothing from the incredibly stupid events of the movie, just terrible.

I thought Trainspotting 2 was alright though, felt like a natural sequel, not forced. A few too many overly nostalgic moments perhaps, especially the snippets of the old soundtrack drenched in reverb, but it had a reasonably entertaining story and when they were just getting on with that it was good.

Annabelle - 1/5

So bad. Jump scares were so predictable and story line was all over the shop. One thing I did appreciate was how the horror wasn't just used in the dark quiet of a creepy house, but was brought out too - in plain sunshine, however it was still an utter waste of money and time. The only positive...

Ye na, no positives.

These people don't know how to make a horror movie. I think of them as horror movies for people who don't like horror movies. They're all trash.

Annabelle - 1/5

So bad. Jump scares were so predictable and story line was all over the shop. One thing I did appreciate was how the horror wasn't just used in the dark quiet of a creepy house, but was brought out too - in plain sunshine, however it was still an utter waste of money and time. The only positive...

Ye na, no positives.

These people don't know how to make a horror movie. I think of them as horror movies for people who don't like horror movies. They're all trash.
Incidious 2 was alright I guess but for the most part they are tailored a certain way, I guess. Blah blah I envy the people that saw the exorcist for the first time way back when, proper scared they would have been!

Started to watch Sound Of My Own Voice or something with Brit Marling. 

This is what happens when rich white people have too much time on their hands. 

Sure Richard Wharton isn't a guru in real life?