i'll take that.. although, i would disagree that me past posts 

have not approached this high of an rating.. whatever..

+ fuck you zaphod (posted at zaphod jokingly, as a warm antidote) 

internet humor can be so misunderstood, as we all know..

baby driver - it was alright for the first half i guess, keeping things simple, well paced and fun. substituting the usually witty and engaging dialogue with songs and action, it's not brilliant, but it's fine. i guess this is edgar wright's attempt to step out of his comfort zone. but the second half feels like he got hit hard in the head or something. it's just so clumsy, lots of unexplainable tonal shifts, pointless waste of screen time just to show how nasty jimmy fox's character is with overly contrived tension building, absolutely ridiculous 180 degree turn when it comes to spacey's charachter. overlong, and uncharacteristically for wright, cliche ridden joe ham's revenge sequence and an idiotic, anti-climatic ending as a cherry on top. i kinda keep doubting myself a bit and thinking "wright is pretty sharp, he knows movies, so maybe he put something else in here that i didn't catch", but i just don't see it what can it be.

Edited by eugene

The_Dirties_poster.jpg

low-budget meta indie flick about bullying and school shootings. again a directorial debut by a young talent. I liked it.

So this automatically means that this director will direct the next Star Wars spin off, right?

baby driver - it was alright for the first half i guess, keeping things simple, well paced and fun. substituting the usually witty and engaging dialogue with songs and action, it's not brilliant, but it's fine. i guess this is ...., zzzzzzzz

Snooze.

Do a review of the descriptions of the artists in featured artists subforums. They have a little two sentence bio. I'd like a couple of paragraphs on how well the writer fleshes out these guys.

The_Dirties_poster.jpg

low-budget meta indie flick about bullying and school shootings. again a directorial debut by a young talent. I liked it.

So this automatically means that this director will direct the next Star Wars spin off, right?

are you referring to Rian Johnson who did Brick and then went on to do a Star Wars movie eventually?

I love Brick btw.

Yuh, yuh, he sure is referring to that guy. But I think he's also referring to Gareth Edwards indie sensibilities after he made the low budget indie smash Monsters. I watched that movie and I was like "fuuuuuuuu...."

In essence, he was generalising.

Last Kevin smith film I saw was "red state" and I was like "fuuuuuuu...."

He has so much swearing in his films I think people end up swearing after watching them. They're conditioned to the f words, but not me, I hold back, I'm totally like "fuuuuuuuu....."

Valerie and Her Week of Wonders (1970)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valerie_and_Her_Week_of_Wonders_(film)

Surrealist Czech New Wave vampire film. Felt neither here nor there for the first half, but started enjoying it after that.

Looks cool! Thanks for the rec. I'm a sucker for bluray rippingly gorgeous films of this period.

Are Criterion working with any online streaming services similar to Netflix? ...or even Kodi? :cisfor:

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me

Very enjoyable, always avoided it as I thought it would be useless watching unless one has seen all of Twin Peaks, but seems to stand alone fairly well.

Big Bad Wolves:

Rather disapointing, had read some strong reviews but i'm not sure if it was the language/cultural barrier or if it was just poorly done but i felt it was tonaly a bit off, didn't really get much of the dark humor it advertised, and characters weren't really properly developed so situations and actions felt a little sudden and confusing. Not terrible but not great.

Looks cool! Thanks for the rec. I'm a sucker for bluray rippingly gorgeous films of this period.

Are Criterion working with any online streaming services similar to Netflix? ...or even Kodi?

This particular film is watchable in hi-def on Youtube (I've no idea whether old Communist state-owned property can actually be bought and owned by people like Criterion outright, and how their remasters work legally).

i'm not sure if it was the language/cultural barrier or if it was just poorly done

no, it really was crap.

ah, good to know!

was it a big blockbuster in Isreal, getting big media attention etc.?

i'm not sure if it was the language/cultural barrier or if it was just poorly done

no, it really was crap.

ah, good to know!

was it a big blockbuster in Isreal, getting big media attention etc.?

as far as i remember it was, the fact that quarantino hyped it up helped create a lot of that embarrassing provincial buzz around it.

Edited by eugene