a local artist gallery put on a screening of The Love Witch recently which was really good. funny as hell.

Totally, that movie is such a great homage

Just finished We Need To Talk About Kevin, and that shit was real good. Never gonna watch it again.

Edited by Auditor

Under the Shadow - I've never been more terrified of a bedsheet. Also first movie in like 10 years that's given me a full-body chill. Nice

Honeymoon - this was fine? Perfectly inoffensive thriller that has more going for it in style than substance. Also Rose Leslie.

Hush - I liked this but I also kind of wish the producers had stuck with their idea of doing this as a silent movie. Nice to see slasher characters acting smart for a change though.

In Honeymoon did you not think the way the two leads spoke to each other was kind of sickening and offensive, babe?

sorry, Honeymoon was rubbish, at least I thought it was, you may like The Monster too though, it has a similar vibe.

Edited by tec

Under the Shadow - I've never been more terrified of a bedsheet. Also first movie in like 10 years that's given me a full-body chill. Nice

Honeymoon - this was fine? Perfectly inoffensive thriller that has more going for it in style than substance. Also Rose Leslie.

Hush - I liked this but I also kind of wish the producers had stuck with their idea of doing this as a silent movie. Nice to see slasher characters acting smart for a change though.

In Honeymoon did you not think the way the two leads spoke to each other was kind of sickening and offensive, babe?

sorry, Honeymoon was rubbish, at least I thought it was, you may like The Monster too though, it has a similar vibe.

lol yea I was more put off by the guy, but I've been around enough hetero couples where that behavior is normalised and OK'd by both parties that I didn't really mind. Also wasn't it directed by a woman?

Anyway it wasn't great for sure, but the subtle tics where she was getting language wrong and the really gross scene near the end were well executed IMO, enough to make it worth a casual watch on a shitty day.

Just finished We Need To Talk About Kevin, and that shit was real good. Never gonna watch it again.

I couldn't stand this when I watched it maybe 5-6 years back. the insistence that the kid's actions/personality were a result of some special kind of hell-sent evil rather than just the ordinary banality of human nature rang really false to me. and just the tone and direction of it was so ridiculous, I couldn't take it seriously.

the two-fer of Tilda Swinton's alien face and the kid's alien face also didn't help. I really like Tilda otherwise.

Yeaaa... I'm going to watch the blackcoats daughter, underneath the shadow and it comes at night, if I manage to stick to my plan.

That’ll be a nice six hour nap

Flol, that's exactly what happened. Kept falling asleep to the blackcoats daughter, ended up going to bed instead.