Guest RadarJammer

Killer Joe I think this movie let Mathew McConaughey demonstrate that he has a IRL brutal torturer/murderer inside him somewhere, that dude is fucking scary. Gena Gershon was amazing too, especially with the chicken leg scene. I give the movie a 6/10 but the acting a 10/10

Guest Mirezzi

Scott Pilgrim - Unwatchable

yeah i had to turn that off as well, a truly awful film.

Same.

Margin Call - This was a weird one. I think they were aiming for The Insider but there was just one problem: The financial clusterfuck and Ponzi scheme of Wall Street produced not a single meaningful whistleblower or hero the equivalent of Jeffrey Wigand, so this movie - while totally competent - nonetheless comes across as soft and ineffectual. Like, okay, it was very well acted, edited, photographed, and written. In the end, however, it merely replicates through an entertaining 90 minutes everything we already know about the absurd greed re: over the counter derivatives. I gather the final moments of the film, featuring Kevin Spacey burying his recently deceased dog in his ex-wife's front yard, were intended to somehow allegorize the preceding events, but I'm too dumb to connect the dots so instead it translated as pretentious and silly.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Jiro Dreams Of Sushi

9/10

This one I had high expectations for and it delivered. I feel like I waited a long time to see it, considering how badly I wanted to see it in the theater.

It's a film about striving for perfection. really well done.

I think this one will stick with me.

is this like senna where even if you don't care about F1/sushi you can still enjoy?

Yeah. You would totally dig it, even if you don't like sushi. If you have a paralyzing fear of sushi, on the other hand, I would DEFINITELY avoid it.

I forgot to add, If you are a big sushi lover, don't watch this on an empty stomach. Luckily, I had eaten a gigantic burrito a couple hours beforehand and couldn't even think about eating.

If I hadn't, I'm sure staring at all of that amazing sushi would have made me break down and go somewhere way too expensive for dinner.

Ceriously.

what if you're vegetarian?

disagree completely. turn your dial to F U N

Gena Gershon was amazing too, especially with the chicken leg scene. I give the movie a 6/10 but the acting a 10/10

love gina gershon <3

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

haywire 3/10

fight scenes = 9/10. rest of the film = 0/10 and nowhere near enough fight scenes for a film with an mma fighter in. shame.

Between Edgar Wright's Scott Pilgrim and Pegg's/Frost's Paul, is it now completely unacceptable to still like, e.g., Spaced? Because the last time I made a Spaced joke, this dude said "SCOTT PILGRIM SUCKED" and punched me in the gonads.

I was mildly interested in The World's End but maybe I should keep it to myself, in other words.

Edited by baph

disagree completely. turn your dial to F U N

Maybe it might've been "F U N" if I'd watched it when I was 12 years old (and if I had really shit taste in films).

Guest disparaissant

finally got around to watching prometheus

7/10

it wasn’t bad

it wasn’t great

it was alright

it was a film. a filmy film.

i think it could be redeemed by a really good sequel. which it kind of sets itself up for.

Seeing it at one of hipsterdom's ground zeroes helped and no one over the age of 22. I can imagine putting it on alone at home and you're 30+ would probably make it truly unwatchable

pretty sure watching anything at a hipsterdom would make it much much worse...

Guest RadarJammer

Scott Pilgram was really lame I thought too... couldnt finish it.

pan·der(pabreve.gifnprime.gifdschwa.gifr)

intr.v. pan·dered, pan·der·ing, pan·ders

To act as a go-between or liaison in sexual intrigues; function as a procurer.

To cater to the lower tastes and desires of others or exploit their weaknesses:
"He refused to pander to nostalgia and escapism"

Scott Pilgrim