Creepy (Kiyoshi Kurosawa)

What a pile of utter shit. I can't believe this is the same guy that made Pulse.

1 platypus-shaped dildo out of 10

Yeah, I watched it because it got some good reviews, but it was just frustratingly boring and dumb.

Colossal had such a bizare quality to it - felt as if it had been written for Korean audiences but then last minute changed (and translated poorly) to English. Even the ethics and character models within it didn't feel part of a typical 'american' zeitgiest. Something odd about it in either case.

Watched the first half of that Meltdown Memoirs docu, so far its excellent! Beautiful how these films can bring together such a bunch of wacky folk.

In a similar vein, John Hurt plays an electro-acoustic composer in The Shout, almost parallel stylistically to the above works, infinite juxtapositions between his sound recording work & the madness around, plus Tony Banks did the soundtrack/effects, a lost British beast:

SHOUTshock2.jpg

Watched this the other night, awesome stuff - wish they still made em' like that

Night of the Comet - I enjoyed Stranger Things but then you see something like this and it seems so pointless. Just watch the original 80's stuff. The two girls in this were so cool.

Better Watch Out - Almost done a reverse Ringu and crawled into my tv to pummel the kid in this movie. God damn.