In a similar vein, John Hurt plays an electro-acoustic composer in The Shout, almost parallel stylistically to the above works, infinite juxtapositions between his sound recording work & the madness around, plus Tony Banks did the soundtrack/effects, a lost British beast:

SHOUTshock2.jpg

Watched this the other night, awesome stuff - wish they still made em' like that

Night of the Comet - I enjoyed Stranger Things but then you see something like this and it seems so pointless. Just watch the original 80's stuff. The two girls in this were so cool.

Better Watch Out - Almost done a reverse Ringu and crawled into my tv to pummel the kid in this movie. God damn.

Yeah, that trailer stood out as absolutely terrible. I liked JW, just took it for what it was, but the new one looks like straight trash. The plot should've been killed the first time it was was thought of.

The Dark Backward

Very odd, and at times grotesque, black kafkaesque comedy flick - would be a waste of time had it not been for the incredibly hilarious performace from Bill Paxton. Surpizingly large cast of 'big' names given the independant nature of it. Hard to truly recommend it, but if you're a fan of Paxton then definatley check it out, he elevates it to greatness.

8.jpg

The Dark Backward

Very odd, and at times grotesque, black kafkaesque comedy flick - would be a waste of time had it not been for the incredibly hilarious performace from Bill Paxton. Surpizingly large cast of 'big' names given the independant nature of it. Hard to truly recommend it, but if you're a fan of Paxton then definatley check it out, he elevates it to greatness.

Oh man, that's one of my faves. 

Watched It Comes At Night last night. I wanted to like it more than I did. The characters were engaging and real, I cared about them and shit. But what the fuck, basically nothing happens. 

The Cell (2000) directed by Tarsem Singh.

A psychologist delves into the mind of a comatose serial killer in order to find the location of his last victim whilst she's still alive, starring Jennifer Lopez, Vincent D'Onofrio, and Vince Vaughn.

I first came across Singh's visually stunning The Fall (2006) via Roger Ebert's review and was very impressed some years back, and so recently pleasantly stumbled upon Singh's directorial debut on Amazon.

An all-around cruder film than the later The Fall, (and does not adhere to the latter's zero-CGI policy), however the visual flair with regards to costume (designs by Eiko Ishioka), cinematography etc. is certainly there, albeit fewer and further between, but for a directorial debut outing, the film is very laudable.

Screenshots:

1awxrfz.jpg
2azlpoi.jpg
3a07rbu.jpg

4axkor2.jpg

5aprp6w.jpg

6ay2rz8.jpg

• Joyrex changed the title to Films Recently Watched