couldnt get past the fact there were supposed to be 400,000 blokes getting divebombed every other minute & yet the beach was in silence for the first major section of the filem, instead of chaos, anarchy & complete carnage there was Ken & his stiff upper lipped Naval cock, then the awful jingoists, Hardy doing his best Tom Hardy impression as per, the chronology was just a plot veneer. With hindsight, bit of insult to the people who had to experience Dunkirk in reality.

Mother! - senseless chaos for the sake of it, when she did the decent "thing" i was fuckin relieved. Gonna have to watch less new filems cos there's so much guff flaunted as something meaningful & life is too short.

Rugby Boys of Memphis - mint, take 1 of the world's best team sports like rugby & then fix it in 1 of its most unlikely nurturing grounds, a dirt poor area of west Memphis & watch the human potential come flooding out. Short but immensely effective with the Orange One's recent divisive bs.

Gimme Danger - Iggy Pop all the fkn way...fun, informative & anything that can make you dig thru old records after watching is no small thang.

Edited by cwmbrancity

Yah, I rewatched Dunkirk recently and even though I still like it, you guys are right,it feels ridiculously small scale when you know what really went down.

Edited by Gocab

Dead End - it's a Christmas film. The irritating teen character looked in his early 30's and you'll know the end in the first two minutes. However, Ray Wise is always good and it had a couple of unsettling moments. 2.538 out of 5.893

hard to say that dunkirk got the scale wrong. i've been a person before and i've been to beaches and on a boat.

i have not been in a war, i admit, but when i've been on beaches and in a boat i have no fucking idea what is going on two beaches down or anything other than in my eye range. or across the sea or in land. you just know what is around you at the time + that is all that matters.

really easy for us to say that they got it all wrong but lol you also have no idea what you are talking about and nor does anyone else even nolan cos human beings can not see scale unless they are monitoring it from afar / from news / archives / imagination

Edited by fenton

I finally watched The Hateful Eight. This flick had its merits, like most of QT's, but it was probably a little too disgusting for its own good. There was a song in the beginning, I was like "what the fuck is this song doing in this movie right now?". I got the same feeling when SLJ described the revenge against the General Smithers' son and when he got his nuts blown off. Why is castration such a constant thing in Tarantino films? Nothing like castration of a main character to really fuck a movie up, ya know? The brains splattering on Jennifer Jason Leigh was a bit much. It just seems juvenile and a waste because there is some pretty good substance in the second half of the movie as well. Symbolism/race relations, etc. Even a part when Madsen's character seemed to regret that he had to kill Zoe Bell because they seemed to genuinely get along was very unspoken and just felt - weirdly enough, this was the most sincere part of the movie for me and I doubt many people noticed or cared. 

It's like he had all the ingredients for a really good omelet, but decided to fuck it up by adding pineapple, according to WATMM

you can't say that and not give some non-spoiler insight, breh.

That's fair. If you guys spoiler, please still watch it because what I write can't do it justice and I want more people in this wormhole because, like zaphod said, it's fucking deep.

so this isn't much of a spoiler because you get told early on in the film and it was a fairly well known event. David Crowley killed his wife Komel (raised Muslim) and their 5 year old daughter Raniya with gunshots to the head before killing himself. "Allah Akbar"(sic) was written with Komel's blood on the living room wall and an open Quran was also found (this is a whole other mindfuck but anyhow)

For fans of Grizzly Man, Erik Anderson delivers so many bizarre "money" shots like he did with Timothy Treadwell because Crowley was just as prolific with his footage. It's not clear when Rani said this or how old she was at the time but she's sitting at the kitchen table. She's such a precious little girl too--really fucks with you to see everything unfold. She starts out on a toddler diatribe that's consistent with her age. Doesn't make much sense initially but then she starts talking about blood. It escalates into the sentence "the Red Man will come into the house and make mommy bloody. The floor will be bloody. The ceiling will be bloody."

Jesus fuck, I'm breaking out in fresh chills all over again just writing it hahahaha. A journalist that covered the case pauses that clip on a laptop and says "OK....I get it. It definitely has that 'redrum' feel to it like this little girl is prescient. Keep in mind though that everyday of her life up until that point had been filled with violent imagery and concepts". He's totally right too. You get to see how Crowley filmed police invasion scenes with Rani and other little kids in pyjamas. There was a ton of fake blood and gunshot executions.

Still...I'll be goddamned if it didn't give me the willies moreso than any movie I've seen that is supposed to be scary like a Conjuring or Babadook. I tried to consider that Crowley somehow "coached" her but it felt so organic. It's exactly how little kids have flights of fancy. I also can't believe that she'd be that matter-of-fact if she genuinely thought that was coming.

I dunno. If you want to have your brain BTFO, watch this movie.

I need to see this

it’s one of the better docs I’ve seen. Manages to be both prescient and pretty terrifying. so many layers to the story that it almost doesn’t seem real. It is like a tea party version of the shining, although that’s actually understating it’s power.

Edited by zaphod

The Gray State. Latest from the producer of Grizzly Man and Herzog produced. Really good and there is a part that is so fucking creepy that it beats any horror film out there currently.

look forward to watching, thanx

bronx-warriors.jpg

a classic piece of italian post apocalyptic insanity. a senators daughter escapes from her father and heads into the bronx- a barren wasteland controlled by hooligan gangs that are constantly at war. she's saved by one the gangs (the good ones) but her dad has hired another gang to get her back. let's just say, things don't go too smooth.

https://youtu.be/Y_8mCJB7GSU

<script> </script>

8wuvajGDDZ5Ksy8PIitzu2kqZAh.jpg

a very interesting film. a rich guy (jan michael vincent) is cheating on his wife. she hires a pool guy- then starts an affair with him. but he loves his fiance (linnea quigley) so that goes sour. she comes up with the idea of killing the fiance, but the husband is trying to divorce her without a prenump, so things get very messy.