Yeah, Half in the Bag is pretty useless. One of them seems to watch movies in a way that's completely alien to me and the other one who says more relatable stuff always fails to form a coherent opinion and ends up contradicting himself. Also every review is 1000% longer than it needs to be based on its "content".

i think i endure them because they remind me of the fat midwestern slobs that I watched movies with in high school. mike is basically an idiot with shit taste, jay is marginally more discerning but still kinda slow. rich is ironically the smartest but has the most infuriating taste. when mike loved jurassic world.... it was over. I have no idea how he made those great prequel reviews, which are still very funny.

The_Post_(film).png

booooooooooooring. honestly, i knew nothing about what the story was about and after watching about 20 minutes i realized i didn't care. hanks owns a newspaper. streep works for a newspaper (not sure if the same one). i think they were either lovers or co-workers because they meet for drinks. they discuss something (boring). then tom hanks goes back to the office and decides to publish something (who cares?). he tells a kid to go tell another guy to publish that thing. it's published.

at streep's office a bunch of dudes wait for her in a meeting- then they talk and not let her talk (coz she's a woman). then they seem pissed about something (who knows?). 

i left the theater after that / 10

you can describe pretty much every single movie in a similar reductionist way. "12 Angry Men is just 90 minutes of a bunch of dudes talking in a room. Booooriiiing"

i like rlm. it's like listening to some pub talk about movies, it's contradictory, rambly and ranty, very subjective, all over the place and generally amusing. and there are few interesting insights and observations here and there. i generally can get a good feel of the movie from their talks. not seeing them as film critics will probably help.

the music choice for that list of films directed by james franco that no one has seen made me lol a lot.

https://youtu.be/QPn3lUhzaqM?t=432

RLM know they're shit, it's part of the whole thing. They're (often literally) winking at the audience about their 'reviews' while basically just admitting they're some schlubs on YouTube who maybe went to college and studied some film or whatever but are definitely just watching movies and blabbering about them in whatever ways they find entertaining and they think will be fun/ny for the viewers. It's not for everybody, but for someone who grew up with the same sort of snarky movie attitude from all angles, it's nice and nostalgic.

Same same, unless it's something terrible and alcohol is involved, or if it's something funny. Funny is rarely best alone.

you can describe pretty much every single movie in a similar reductionist way. "12 Angry Men is just 90 minutes of a bunch of dudes talking in a room. Booooriiiing"

nah- 12 angry men made it interesting in the dialogue. you know what was the mcguffin. couldn't tell you what was it was in this film. just people acting about newspaper topics. 

Nebraska, your day took a hell of a turn somewhere between 2:14 and 9:40.

life should

lol

Watching movies with friends is overrated. I almost always prefer watching movies alone.

especially going to the movie thee-aytre. the worst part is coming out after a good one or at least one that isn't shallow and the initial silence before one person is inevitably compelled to say "so, what did you think?" ughh

lol

Watching movies with friends is overrated. I almost always prefer watching movies alone.

especially going to the movie thee-aytre. the worst part is coming out after a good one or at least one that isn't shallow and the initial silence before one person is inevitably compelled to say "so, what did you think?" ughh

Full disclosure, I am usually that guy lol. Because I genuinely want to know. But yeah... near-empty theatre, party of one, rich visuals... fucking lush.

oh yeah, I've been that guy also. it's not the fact that people are curious to discuss art that's squicky, not at all. it's just the way it happens in that context, coming out of a movie. I usually need time to process stuff, and when people immediately prompt me for my opinions I have nothing to say other than lame shit like "oh yeah, I liked the themes" or whatever generic pretentious commentary people need to express to fill the void in conversation whilst being careful to make themselves look smart and shit.

Saw The Snowman last night. It was...not good. Disjointed, advertised like a horror flick but really was just a thriller with a serial killer. Badly acted and/or written, director or editor or both seemed to give up halfway through their jobs. Saw reports that it was pretty bad but ended up watching it anyway just trying to understand what the fuck was happening most of the time. 3 coffee beans out of 10

Disaster Artist - if a wig & a "ha ha ha" justifies some form of impersonation, then its a success, if the first 1/4 where the broski's bond together over their common goals is the foundation for a story, its a success, but the other hour+ is a Franco vanity project taken 1 step beyond this human's patience. Misses the character actors of other spoofs like Ed Wood's Martin Landau.....i couldnt wait for it to end. 4.75/10

Three Billboards - it deals with the subject of grief intermittently well, Rockwell's arc was decent, but then it meandered all over the gaff. W/out Frances whatsherface, it would've sunk more quickly. John Wyles is usually well cast & shines in most things seen so far with him in, but he barely gets a look in. 6.5/10

Withnail & I - my brother coaxed me into this. Still a riot, still funny as fk, Uncle Monty is still adorably creepy & Danny is just Danny. Reminded this human how shite constant hangovers are, but the squalor, the incessant rain & the old ex-military alcoholic landlord's "A crack at the Mick"....timeless. Twelfty/10

22be0ebc39cb04b23ecebc2b3b193898--swallo

Edited by cwmbrancity

poster%2C210x230%2Cf8f8f8-pad%2C210x230%

hated this. wtf? just a bunch of people in water looking up at airplanes shooting down at them only to see more of them. over and over again. who is who and who gives a fsck? i love ww2 films but this has to be the least interesting.

yawn out of ten