I thought I wasn't in the mood to watch it, but it immediately caught my attention and didn't let go. It's fairly long though.

i have a trauma with Scandinavian countries atm so that's why i'm waiting for a better time to watch it, i'm not going further into it because it's really FWP and i'd get ridiculed over here...

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

I thought I wasn't in the mood to watch it, but it immediately caught my attention and didn't let go. It's fairly long though.

i have a trauma with Scandinavian countries atm so that's why i'm waiting for a better time to watch it, i'm not going further into it because it's really FWP and i'd get ridiculed over here...

Ok, now I need to know what's up...

Good to see The VVitch get some love.  Excellent film.

I feel like the only good thing I saw last year was BR2049 and before that was Arrival (same director).  What are the really good films I'm missing?

Not settling for "it was mediocre but at least I got to forget about my shitty life for 1.5 hours".  I want a legitimately great story told well.

Really liked the thai film about organized exam cheating Bad Genius.

Not settling for "it was mediocre but at least I got to forget about my shitty life for 1.5 hours".  I want a legitimately great story told well.

i haven't seen the florida project but i guess it's pretty good taking in consideration the director's last movies...

also i have these to watch from last year:

MV5BOGUwYjU2NjEtMmRhYy00ODVmLWE1YmMtNzY1

MV5BOGM2Njk1OWMtYWE0Yi00N2E4LTg3NjItYzJi

MV5BNTE2MWNmNjgtNWNkMS00MGZiLWE4ZTAtZDNm

MV5BMGYxNWQ1OGEtNzY1OC00NjNmLTkzMTItMjEz

MV5BMTNlMWZjZjctOGQ5Zi00ZDVmLWJkYzQtNDhi

^^^^^^^^^^^^and these 2 from 2015 which supposedly i'm gonna dig a lot, just check out this stunning camera work in kaili blues:

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

A Clockwork Orange - 9/10

i haven't watched this in years. Malcolm McDowell is obviously amazing as Alex, but the smaller roles are played just as well. Michael Bates as the chief prison officer? 10/10 best acting

A Clockwork Orange - 9/10

i haven't watched this in years. Malcolm McDowell is obviously amazing as Alex, but the smaller roles are played just as well. Michael Bates as the chief prison officer? 10/10 best acting

Probably my favorite movie. The way the visuals, music, and storytelling go together is masterful. It's like a play, symphony, movie, acid trip, and opera all had a baby.

The Cloverfield Paradox was really terrible, just a pastiche of various sci fi films, and terribly written. That so little effort was put into the characters, and especially the science end of things, put it in the same realm as those awful ScFy channel movies (it's probably worse in many ways tbh), just with better actors and a bigger budget. The only redeeming quality was the production design, and some nice visuals and effects here and there.

Shame, as the previous one was great.

Automata starts off ok-ish, but gets increasingly bad along the way. I struggled to finish it, but I did, and I'm really proud of myself.

frances ha: origins (aka lady bird) - a new film in the acclaimed frances ha franchise about the hardships of american, young, white, indie people who had never experienced anything troubling, interesting, remotely dark or dangerous in their lives. this film is about the coming of age of young frances who has to deal with being a teenager in a good caring family in a hospitable environment. her dialogue lines don't sound human, but are probably an output of an advanced a.i. which was programmed to come up with clever retorts to anything that is said on screen only using the vocabulary of previous frances ha films. the editing of the film also strives for some kind of post-humanism, the scenes are often cut in a way that removes anything of emotional value and of realism of what might happen, and instead leaves you with this affable, self conscious, fast paced quirk. the dramatic climax of the film hangs on the ever-relevant question - "which college should i go to?". highly recommended.

frances ha: origins (aka lady bird) - a new film in the acclaimed frances ha franchise about the hardships of american, young, white, indie people who had never experienced anything troubling, interesting, remotely dark or dangerous in their lives. this film is about the coming of age of young frances who has to deal with being a teenager in a good caring family in a hospitable environment. her dialogue lines don't sound human, but are probably an output of an advanced a.i. which was programmed to come up with clever retorts to anything that is said on screen only using the vocabulary of previous frances ha films. the editing of the film also strives for some kind of post-humanism, the scenes are often cut in a way that removes anything of emotional value and of realism of what might happen, and instead leaves you with this affable, self conscious, fast paced quirk. the dramatic climax of the film hangs on the ever-relevant question - "which college should i go to?". highly recommended.

feel like this is a zaphod review from around 2013. get your own style bucko.

Automata starts off ok-ish, but gets increasingly bad along the way. I struggled to finish it, but I did, and I'm really proud of myself.

Yeah I quit this one halfway through...

same

I liked it. low point was Melanie Griffith's face.

The Ritual - the lack of black metallers made for a forgettable ending but the monster looked pretty grand. I enjoyed Rafe Spall taking loads of fags on a hiking trip.

feel like this is a zaphod review from around 2013. get your own style bucko.

miss those so its ok