I put on and snoozed in and out of Syndromes and a Century this morning, in preparation for night shifts. Such a lovely ambient film.

Kicking off first shift with Event Horizon.

At some point I need to make a list of all the Sam Neill b-movie horrors to see which ones I've missed out on. Same goes for Bill Pullman.

Edited by hello spiral

thelma - kinda blueballed after watching this, expected more from these two guys. visually it's very pretty and elegant, all very painstakingly and professionally shot and directed, the score is good. a couple of really effective scenes. but overall it's a bit of a messy pile of all kinds of ideas, themes and allegories that don't really synergize to create a really engaging and moving experience. repressive christian upbringing is bit of a too easy target for those guys, they showed before that they can handle more contemporary and complex stuff. this scandinavian affection for elegance and understatement seems to be masking a not too well thought out script.

the ritual

enjoyed it more than I thought I would after reading the disappointed reviews.

Not bad, not great. Fairly good. 6.5 /10 is about right.

6.5K/10°C

drcglr3vigdl3mwof.png

Edited by iococoi

thelma

dunno why the cover of this movie didn't appear in the rarbg main page, if i knew it came out on 2017-12-05 i would have seen it by now, it's from the same director that did blind, sweet... gonna watch this tonite...

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

the ritual

enjoyed it more than I thought I would after reading the disappointed reviews.

Not bad, not great. Fairly good. 6.5 /10 is about right.

6.5K/10°C

drcglr3vigdl3mwof.png

Im bad at mathsss

Don't Breathe

8/10

really good

yeah remember really digging this one, there's going to be a sequel:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6246322/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_2

How would a young girl with a million in cash go to California and spend that money or use it without raising suspicion of where she got it? You could you live off it and work and put all work money in savings. Life time of laundering maybe. Put in off shore account (risky). I still can't figure out what I would do. You couldn't buy a house outright.

Edited by marf

The Myth of the American Sleepover (2010)

Debut feature of David Robert Mitchell (It Follows). Shot on a budget of $30,000, starring an ensemble cast of unknowns. Disarmingly sweet, little to no plot, entirely driven by character moments. Takes place over the course of one night, the last day of summer before school. This is how I like my coming-of-age movies: quiet, observant, and contemplative with no hint of melodrama. It’s more about the moments that could happen and don’t happen due to adolescent idiocy and confusion. 10/10

more night shift fillums, Silent Running and Clash of the Titans (1981).

Been fun to find out what my colleague chooses to watch from my dvd wallet when I come back from a 3hr snooze break and relieve him to go on his.

I've been paired with a middle-aged conservative muslim guy and tonight it looks like he watched Hausu and Frankenhooker.

Pretty sure I saw Clash of the Titans on TV when I was a kid, but I have no real memory of it.

Silent Running I'm not sure I've ever heard of, but the plot summary sounds fucking great.

Call me by your name - apricot/10 - great score/st - 100% relatable to feelings of lost love

3 Billboards - 7/10 - weird chopped up film, Frances McD ace, needed a better ending, some terrible dialogue

Lady bird - 8.5/10 - Sacramento looking nice, funny moments, a sweet movie

Also love the venn diagram of young actors in these films..hollywood is such a trend based industry...its almost like actors are given turns

0GBapVh.jpg

childish- and at times kinda silly. some of the worst casting i've seen for a film in recent years.

i really can't see bruce willis as a surgeon. that didn't make sense to me at all. him always wearing the hoodie whilst going to to exact revenge on the city was too reminiscent of 'unbreakable'- except he's using a gun and he is breakable. also didn't believe the cops were cops.

all the bad guys had no redeeming value- they were bad and really bad- to the point where one of the guys who helps in the robbery even confuses he got nothing for it (except that scar and i guess he felt up the daughter but that's it?). this film also had a crazy amount of references similar to all the recent gun violence: the ease of acquiring a gun (nobody fails the gun safety test)- a cop makes a comment that most homicides are "crazy people just grabbing an AR-15 and shooting up a place" etc)

5 dead guys in a liquor store out 10

I loved Lady Bird but after reading that the initial script was over 350 pages long I kinda want to see a miniseries version of it. Although there’s something to be said for a movie that does what it wants and gets out of your face after 90 minutes.

Silent Running is mint, Bruce Dern in full effect, he nails antsy troubled souls. Prescient for our current environmental malaise.

silentrunning1.jpg

Compuer says "naaaaaaaaah"

4992717fef.jpg

if you like early/mid 70's US filems, The King of Marvin Gardens is more low key & recommended. Dern is the aspirational eejut to Jack N's brother....Atlantic City never looked more run down, like Blackpool in a mist of piss.

couldn't make it past 30 minutes, skimmed trough and watched the end just out of curiosity... bleh...

MV5BMjMwMjA5NDkyMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzYy   MV5BNDg4NjM1YjMtYmNhZC00MjM0LWFiZmYtNGY1   MV5BNGNiNWQ5M2MtNGI0OC00MDA2LWI5NzEtMmZi

i have these sitting on my hd, should i watch any of them?

MV5BYjFhOWY0OTgtNDkzMC00YWJkLTk1NGEtYWUx       MV5BMjI3MDAxNTg1OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzMz

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON