etchison's is the one about the rest stop, it only comes out at night. i think. it's real pulpy stuff, more like a richard matheson story. sandkings was great, yeah, also made me respect grr martin a lot. the people on the island by tm wright is also a good one. 

the only book i've read and i even skimmed trough it was the da vinci code

??????????????????????
How do you skim the Da Vinci code? It’s a fucking screenplay to begin with
well i guess i was mainly interested in the polemic facts about christianism. should have read another book instead, something specific on the matter,or even the religion wiki site would have been more informative, i was really immature and ill-informdd at the time, i guess i still am... tryin to correct that day by day but everyday that passes i still look backward and facepalm at myself...

the only book i've read and i even skimmed trough it was the da vinci code

??????????????????????
How do you skim the Da Vinci code? It’s a fucking screenplay to begin with
well i guess i was mainly interested in the polemic facts about christianism. should have read another book instead, something specific on the matter,or even the religion wiki site would have been more informative, i was really immature and ill-informdd at the time, i guess i still am... tryin to correct that day by day but everyday that passes i still look backward and facepalm at myself...

It’s ok, at least you know now to facepalm yourself. That’s as sure a sign of growth as anything

Loveless - mint, the mother in particular is uber-narcissism personified, full scalpel to "Putin's Russia" angle is one level, but theres a deeper scab picked about why some people choose to have kids in the first place

one for a future rewatch when time permits

The Shout (1978)

Directed by Jerzy Skolimowski, starring Alan Bates and John Hurt. A music composer invites a vagabond knowledgeable in Aboriginal magic into his home; 70's horror ensues.

annihilation

i loved it. they simplify and change things from the book, dumb down some bits, but i haven't seen something this close to cosmic horror in a mainstream film in a long time. 

totally agree, this was a great experience. I'd been hoping for some more things from the books to be incorporated (especially the gradual tower exploration and the hypnosis stuff), but overall I liked how it was trimmed down and restructured as one conclusive story. the whole third act was spectacular - I thought the climax was really beautifully done.

Coco - what a gem, absolutely loved it. Best pixar/disney flick I can think of...close to Wall-e levels.

Mysterious Skin - difficult watch, very well made but hard to argue the merit of why they even made it...maybe I just didn't fully get it, but felt rather exploitational and gratuitous with little message attached.

Mysterious Skin - difficult watch, very well made but hard to argue the merit of why they even made it...maybe I just didn't fully get it, but felt rather exploitational and gratuitous with little message attached.

i guess it's araki's trademark, gratuity... i watched that movie in the cinema when it came out, it was pretty uncomfortable...

So... I watched... the new Jumanji. I... I didn’t hate it. The Rock’s charisma can make me like anything.

yeah it was pretty watchable, some lols achieved, the rock always surprises me in comedies, gotta hand him that... Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

So... I watched... the new Jumanji. I... I didn’t hate it. The Rock’s charisma can make me like anything.

I generally agree with your sentiment...and though I haven't seen Jumanji (either version, actually), I'll be curious to see how this stacks up to your hypothesis:

rampagebadassposter-min.jpg

The Cure For Wellness, interestingly surreal (with great cinematography) until the focus-grouped ending was tacked on and made it shit

That movie went from being super interesting to being a stupid version of The Phantom of the Opera

Never saw that movie but it looks interesting based on that clip.

Not as good as this deer scene, but hey, you can't expect everything to reach the quality of The Ring 2.

Maybe it's an homage to this classic?

lol me and Gocab ON THE SAME FUCKING PAGE GET ON OUR LEVEL