Haha, yeah, it's just kind of a list of interesting sci-fi now!! 

I appreciate it very much all the same and there's deffo a few I haven't seen here.

Seen Primer and really enjoyed that too! :)

Perhaps to try and get it back on track: what I'm seeking is sort of that awe/mystery evoked by scifi imagination. Like the end of Contact basically where it's just beautiful and full of creative ideas - even better if it's got a darker, sinister edge. 

Perhaps to try and get it back on track: what I'm seeking is sort of that awe/mystery evoked by scifi imagination. Like the end of Contact basically where it's just beautiful and full of creative ideas - even better if it's got a darker, sinister edge.

if you're looking for dark and sinister edge don't miss the untamed...

MV5BODE3YmYzZTItNjY1Mi00MDg3LTg3OGUtZmU2 MV5BOTcyZjViMzMtNjcwNS00YjQyLWI3OGMtYWIz MV5BMzEzZjUxOTQtYTEwNi00MmEzLTk4Y2ItYWEzMV5BMjE5MTUzNDk3M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTUw MV5BNjI1MzAzNDk1MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTU3 MV5BZTEzYWRmYzctYmVlYy00ZWEzLThmNDktZWVk MV5BMTI0MTg0ODI0M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTM1 MV5BYzRiY2I3M2EtODJkMy00NTEyLTgxNmYtYzYw MV5BMDkzNjY3NmEtN2Q1NS00ZjMxLTliNDEtMGJl MV5BMWNlY2UxYWUtZTIwMS00NmFjLTg3M2EtM2Q3 MV5BYzY4NGZkOTMtNTRjNy00NWY4LWI2ZmUtODc3 MV5BYjA0NzA1NTQtZDY5Mi00YTc2LTg1ZjktMDU3 MV5BMzc3MWJlOTAtOThkNC00MDlhLWI2NjctMjVh MV5BN2Y4ZDBjMjEtZWQ0OS00NzYyLTg0M2ItMmUz MV5BYTAzYzNlMDMtMGRjYS00M2UxLTk0MmEtYmE4

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

i ended up not knowing which kind of movie we're suggesting here, it went from annihilation to coherence, then primer with a deviation trough black rainbow and then it got back to alien movies with arrival... i'm lost here...

gonna stick with the alien ones, since no one mentioned, the second

cloverfield, i think it's called 10 cloverfield lane, is pretty cool... although, it is about aliens but ends up being just a good thriller...

edit:

just read this:

Thank you very much there's a few there I really haven't seen so I'm excited to see them.

Contact is one of my all time favourite films so yeah, that's the idea. I want to be amazed/awe inspired by imaginations of other worlds- woooooooooooo

alien worlds, hummmmm, nothing comes to mind atm, planète sauvage? it's animation though...

btw, i thought coherence was pretty bad a mess, gotta watch it again maybe i missed something...

Added a spoiler tag because you pretty much just spoiled the entire movie.

ooooops, i'm sorry, from what i remember that's pretty much the preface but went check it out on imdb and afterall

it's about a quemical attack

... lol

edit:

well, afterall, it turns out it is indeed the preface...

from imdb:

Storyline

After a car accident, Michelle awakens to find herself in a mysterious bunker with two men named Howard and Emmett. Howard offers her a pair of crutches to help her remain mobile with her leg injury sustained from the car crash and tells her to "get good on those" before leaving the bunker. She has been given the information that there has been an alien attack and the outside world is poisoned. However, Howard and Emmett's intentions soon become questionable and Michelle is faced with a question: Is it better in here or out there?

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

I've never heard of The Void before, looks like just my thing.

yeah it looks good by the trailer, the thing is, i've seen it, and can't remember a thing about it... maybe that says more about me than the movie itself... lol Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

annihilation took me to a passive state, I liked what I was seeing, the characters were of secondary importance, I liked the look and the fragmented narrative. i'll watch it again and I'm sure I will like it more as is all the best scifi, theres something good goin on just dunno what it is yet

Speaking of over the top body horror shit, I watched The Blob (1988) last weekend. It's amazing!

Yeah! Those effects still look incredible.

Edited by Gocab

sorcerer

friedkins lost film remastered to stunning effect in HD. I've wanted to see this for ages having read loads about it over the years, I'm glad I waited to see it in its optimal bluray glory.

four horrid characters from all over the globe you can imagine are introduced in a series of vignettes at the start, a terrorist, a French fraudster, a Mexican hitman and a church robbing roy scheider all end up in the anus of south America in exile. Only shot at redemption is drive two trucks of explosives through the rainforest.  The lack of sympathetic characters is no stumbling block, these are the worst cunts out there so you're not drawn to cheer anyone on, you just want to see how they get on in their drive through the jungle. To say any more would spoiler it.

there was a bluray released in America and Canada in 2014 which I was gonna import at the time. Glad I waited, this is the best transfer of a 70's movie apart from maybe Deep Red

Yeah Tangerine Dream do the soundtrack but it isn't up to Thief standards. This was a very troubled production but they came out with something good.

Also the friedkin v refn interview is fantastic