Looks like generic trash.

Yeah, that's what's striking me so weird. I'm okay with ridiculous sci-fi/fantasy concepts, I'm okay with normie sci-fi, whatever, but this looks like it took it to new levels of crap by trying to dumb everything down for the 13 year old and under crowd or something? Those teen dystopian movies are big money these days but this is beyond that from what it seems 

Widows.

The plot was a bit ridiculous and had loads of loose ends/plot holes in it by the end. The third act let it down.

I kinda hated Liam Neeson in it but everything else was great.

Daniel Kaluuy played a nasty bastard really well.

All the female leads were great, Viola particularly. Colin Farrell was really good and I usually can't stand him. Cinematography was lush, the action scenes were intense and the score worked really well. I surprised it was Zimmer (can't usually stand him either) as it was quite restrained.

As a whole, worth a watch.

Also watched: You'll Love Me When I'm Dead.

Great doc about the last 15 years of Orson Welles life as he tries to make his "comeback film" The Other Side Of The Wind.

I didn't know anything about this part of his life, thought it was really great.

wtf that Peter Jackson movie with the cities that drive and float and shit i've been seen tons of ads for lately, it looks so. fucking. stupid. or am i just an old grumpy asshole?

Watched an ad for this in the cinema in 3D and I kinda wanna see it. But only in 3D. The film itself seems cheesy and idiotic but the CGI seems pretty sophisticated. Tho not worth the EUR 13 for the cinema ticket. But if I could see it for free I'd do it

6600267-M.jpg

watched this film a few weeks ago and it kinda blew my mind (even though it was a very early screening. the film comes out in 2019).

the film is about this swedish broad who is living in japan and is being investigated for murder. she has a japanese boyfriend who is (nor isn't) a dick. and a friend, who is (or isn't) a bitch. and she is (or isn't) guilty. don't worry, thats not a spoiler. the spoiler is [                                                                                                                                                                                                ]

i think the film is a nod to satoshi kon who does this paranoia thing so well, but it also has a great atmosphere where you just like everyone in it. i didn't dislike the "bad people". i got why they were bad but disliked their choices, but i still wanted to see more of them. does that make sense? 

anyhoo- this is best film of 2018 for me even though it comes out in 2019

MI_%E2%80%93_Fallout.jpg

wow. this was ridiculous. pretty much a showcase for tom cruise to show his scientology buddies what he can do and (when they remember) other people doing things so tom cruise isn't literally doing everything. there's even a scene of him running for like 5 minutes. because- the other scenes of him running weren't enough.

my favorite scene: is the fact he can fly a helicopter and even his team didn't know this. who fucking falls for this garbage? then its like 2hrs long

2/10 only because it actually pretended to have a plot

Edited by Nebraska

MV5BYzk0YzIzMzAtODJhYi00MjA4LWI4NDItNzZl

Hagazussa.  Loved the atmosphere and cinematography, and the lack of narrative/dialogue worked perfectly for me as well. Can't believe this was technically a crowdfunded, student film. A beautiful soundtrack by Mohammad/MMDD as well. This was a solid 8 out of 10 for me. Recommended if you liked The Witch.

I just watched Overlord. The premise of Nazi's and horror had me thinking it would be sort of like The Keep. It wasn't.

Disappointingly, it's just another stupid zombie movie. Ignore the hype. It's mostly pretty naff.

MI_%E2%80%93_Fallout.jpg

wow. this was ridiculous. pretty much a showcase for tom cruise to show his scientology buddies what he can do and (when they remember) other people doing things so tom cruise isn't literally doing everything. there's even a scene of him running for like 5 minutes. because- the other scenes of him running weren't enough.

my favorite scene: is the fact he can fly a helicopter and even his team didn't know this. who fucking falls for this garbage? then its like 2hrs long

2/10 only because it actually pretended to have a plot

tumblr_n045rrg2Zm1qbzahao1_500.gif

They Shall Not Grow Old

To mark the 100 year end of WW1 a load of the old footage has been modernised in full colour with speech added that could be gathered from the films. It's absolutely incredible to see, really helps give you more of a feeling of what it could have been like back then. Narration throughout of the people who were there.

Incredibly moving

It's on iPlayer for the next week for peeps who can get it. I highly recommend you do if you can.

Kin. super disappointing. I somehow got the impression beforehand that it was going to be anti-high concept and introspective but it just ended up like a bad ripoff of District 9.

Those made for Netflix scifi movies have all been ass, except for the one with the cgi/padme

Edited by Gocab

They Shall Not Grow Old

To mark the 100 year end of WW1 a load of the old footage has been modernised in full colour with speech added that could be gathered from the films. It's absolutely incredible to see, really helps give you more of a feeling of what it could have been like back then. Narration throughout of the people who were there.

Incredibly moving

It's on iPlayer for the next week for peeps who can get it. I highly recommend you do if you can.

this

was mindfucked when the film speed slowed to "normal" & colour introduced, the pacing, witness testimonies, utterly eerie & spellbinding w/out the element of voyeurism that can creep into war/trauma coverage

moriyama-san-beka-lemoine-architecture-m

Moriyama-San (documentary) 

Hermit living in prized home in Japan. Quite the elusive tenant, was hoping it would go further into his music collection, but only glimpses and references to Thurston Moore etc. Very entertaining nonetheless! 

The_Scythian_Lamb-TP.jpg

The Scythian Lamb

Watched this on my flight back from Tokyo. Japanese black comedy galore!