True Detective 1 is a modern classic (rewatching).

Rust has to be one of the all time great characters.

I kinda agree but this is the movie thread, though it is like one long movie and it's nice. 

Edited by Candiru

Oh and I don't know what I was thinking, 90's Alicia Silverstone > Chloe Grace Moretz. 

Sometimes they just pick kinda odd looking chicks to be a somebody, like Fairuza Balk.

7856414.6.jpg

this was really really good. played a lot like an americana version of roald dahl's tales of the unexpected in that it's many stories that are all very playful but with an extremely dry sense of humor. the type that's so uptight you can forget to laugh- except for the dialogue that's equally verisimilitude. 

highly recommended

Edited by Nebraska

Picked up a bunch of movies to catch up on over Black Friday, watched Annihilation last night (Natalie Portman  :nacmat:)... Really enjoyed it, interesting story/concept and great visuals, all the more unsettling how pretty a lot of it is.. Then there's "the bear scene", fuck that was creepy. Good sci-fi thriller  :ok:

Need to watch Ballad of Buster Scruggs sometime this week, I love the Coen Bros and I hear it's a great companion movie to RDR2. 

Mandy, really liked it, after watching the trailer I was expecting it to be some kind of weird post-apocalyptic thing, but it was mostly just an 80s horror throwback with nice visuals and a great soundtrack. Cage was great.

I watched ready player one because my son wanted to. Terrible.

Spoiler coming up if you haven't seen it....so the worst was that they wanted to incorporate The Shining at all costs but that was as far as they'd got so invented some kind of axe throwing witch thing as a bad guy from the movie to chase the protagonists around The Overlook? Fucking hell that film was shit.

I watched ready player one because my son wanted to. Terrible.

Spoiler coming up if you haven't seen it....so the worst was that they wanted to incorporate The Shining at all costs but that was as far as they'd got so invented some kind of axe throwing witch thing as a bad guy from the movie to chase the protagonists around The Overlook? Fucking hell that film was shit.

lol, yeah that was beyond stupid. The best thing in the film was hearing the Shining main theme. I don't know why, but apparently people like films where they can point and recognise things, kind of like those picturebooks for babies.

Edited by Gocab

Suspiria (REBOOT)

dunno. If u don’t think about it - Production design? Good. It looks good. There’s hot chicks and exploding heads. Good.

But it presents itself as a serious art film or something, eg It has non standard structure, good. It’s kind of “humble” in the way it portraits certain characters, sure, good.

it tries to be this serious character study thing but then it’s also just a silly theater dance thing. It somehow shows all that Berlin Wall stuff and RAF terror stuff and it somehow has something to do with the witches dancey things yea? I didn’t get it.

Edited by Guest

^Great film!

I used to spring it on unsuspecting visitors years ago. I remember a grown manly man hiding behind a cushion and pleading for it to be shut off during the lead up to the last scene.

Had a read of this on Wikipedia, sounds like it should be mandatory viewing for meat eaters although the danish are cuntish when it comes to their animal welfare.