The last few years I have kept a list of all the movies I have watched and rewatched and assigned them a rating of 0-3 stars.

( 0=waste of time *=alright **=pretty enjoyable ***=fuck yeah)

It's just for me so I remember what I've seen and to encourage me to watch more movies instead of mainlining padded out Netflix shows. 

Don't laugh at me, I was once like you.

1. Kingsman 2 **
  2. Passengers **
  3. Logan Lucky **
  4. Blade of the Immortal ***
  5. Only the Brave
  6. Thor: Ragnarok **
  7. Roman J Israel Esq
  8. Hail Caesar! *
  9. Justice League *
  10. Mute **
  11. The Thing ***
  12. The Thing (2011) *
  13. I, Tonya ***
  14. The Shape of Water **
  15. Downsizing *
  16. Annihilation ***
  17. All the Money in the World *
  18. The Commuter *
  19. The Post *
  20. Death Wish **
  21. Molly’s Game **
  22. 12 Strong
  23. The Death of Stalin ***
  24. Chasing Trane *
  25. Andre the Giant **
  26. The Maltese Falcon **
  27. Borg vs McEnroe **
  28. Game Night
  29. Black Panther **
  30. Red Sparrow *
  31. Gerald’s Game **
  32. The Quiet American **
  33. You Were Never Really Here ***
  34. Cargo *
  35. Fahrenheit 451 *
  36. Unsane 
  37. Picnic at Hanging Rock **
  38. Tomb Raider *
  39. The China Hustle
  40. Pacific Rim 2
  41. A Quiet Place **
  42. Beirut *
  43. The Endless **
  44. Ready Player One **
  45. Three Billboards **
  46. Good Time ***
  47. First Reformed **
  48. Avengers: Infinity War **
  49. Deadpool 2 *
  50. How It Ends *
  51. The Dark Tower 
  52. Unstoppable **
  53. The Wolf of Wall Street ***
  54. Hereditary **
  55. Black Klansman *
  56. Jurassic World - Fallen Kingdom *
  57. Solo *
  58. Sicario 2 *
  59. Robocop ***
  60. Robocop 2 *
  61. Valkyrie **
  62. Quincy *
  63. Skyscraper *
  64. Jaws ***
  65. Leave No Trace **
  66. Night Moves *
  67. Hold the Dark **
  68. Get Carter ***
  69. IT *
  70. Contraband *
  71. Ant-Man and The Wasp **
  72. Meru *
  73. Galveston **
  74. Apostle **
  75. The Meg
  76. Mile 22 *
  77. Capricorn One **
  78. Mission Impossible: Fallout **
  79. Ghost Stories **
  80. Revenge *
  81. Isle of Dogs **
  82. The World Eats the Night *
  83. Outlaw King *
  84. The Predator 
  85. Venom *

Little Miss Sunshine, again. still love this movie, maybe more so rewatching it for the first time in years and interpreting the little things in different ways.

I don't know what the comic is like and I don't like shitting on trailers, but ho-ho-hoooly shit this looks bad. Also, notice how the sound of him crashing to the ground at 1:47 is completely out of sync with the picture.

I should watch more movies and cut down on the mediocre Netflixing and vidya games. Thanks for being an inspiration Crossword Enthusiast.

the sisters brothers - my reaction to it when it ended was "ummm, ok?". felt kinda hollow, lacking ambition or some kind of forward motion. it was going for something different with western as a genre being a sort of a vague form to fill in with different ideas about stuff, and not being too concerned about sticking to the western canon, but it just didn't work at all, those ideas simply didn't converge into a good film, lots of potentially interesting and amusing parts but no whole. it's also kinda hard to disentangle john c. riley from dr. steve brule, and his average-at-best acting didn't help in that regard.

I don't know what the comic is like and I don't like shitting on trailers, but ho-ho-hoooly shit this looks bad. Also, notice how the sound of him crashing to the ground at 1:47 is completely out of sync with the picture.

Yeah, I've been trying to give some benefit of the doubt even after the creator shafted Guillemo Del Toro et al but. . . this just looks kind of stupid. Ron Pearlman owns this role and seeing someone else in it also feels off - no offense to David Harbour but. . .don't know, this gives me all the mehs. . .

Dear god that new Hellboy looks so shit

edit: this reminds me of the ads for Welcome To Marwen I've been seeing on tv fuckin' constantly, the whole fucking movie is played out in full in even like the 15 second ads. Set up, body, resolution pretty much all laid out in full. I don't mind knowing what's going on in a movie before seeing it (i'm a heathen i know fuck off) but this is next level shit

Edited by auxien

I rewatched Alien: Covenant recently and it was wayyyy more stupid than I remember. the sequence from the first contact/infection through to David arriving on the scene is just so laughable, I muted the audio and played Yakety Sax from youtube over the top and it was much more enjoyable.

Under the Silver Lake. really liked this. weird mix of noir (lots of long goodbye references, and the soundtrack, which is great, is very old Hollywood) and modern aimlessness/cynicism/conspiratorial credulousness. reminded me a lot of Lebowski as well, though it's not as funny, but has a similar tone and treats the characters in a similar way. very self indulgent and meandering, but it mostly works, aside from maybe the bit with the songwriter. looks great too. made by the guy who did It Follows.

Watched Love Actually for the first time. Well, attempted to but fell asleep. Won't bother trying again.

Same for me. I was well aware in 2003--just curved it successfully for 15 years until last week. It was not at all what I expected. Anyway, loads of cringe and way more tits than I would have guessed. It's not at all a "romantic" or "feel good" movie, which are attributes I just assumed would be at play. They missed a huge opportunity for Rick Grimes to be in love with his bro instead of Keira Knightley's teeth.

I wish Alan Rickman had done more comedy, he was brilliant at it.

Watched 3 corkers via Netflix (remember I'm a film numpty so don't really know the film grapevine, what's good or bad)

Dallas Buyers Club - 8.5/10 - Read a synopsis and was sceptical, was totally blown away by it.

Arrival - 8.5/10 

The Big Short - 8.5/10 -  Bit like the Dallas Buyers Club I was a bit sceptical, fucking brilliant film

Also watched Wind River and that got ditched after 50 minutes, boring horseshit and I just had the feeling it wasn't going to improve.

Also watched Wind River and that got ditched after 50 minutes, boring horseshit and I just had the feeling it wasn't going to improve.

It actually does improve greatly!

Slow start, but huge adrenaline spike after the half or 3/4 point