Yes, there's a Lifetime movie about NWA, and it's as poorly acted as you'd expect. Basically, Dre liked to beat on women. Pretty amusing seeing gangsta rap watered down to daytime TV standards. Jamie Kennedy in a gray wig playing their manager was lolriffic. I forgot Michel'le had that crazy Minnie Mouse voice, too.

IMG-2908.jpg

Horace and Pete

Shit is real and brilliant. I really like it.

"Yeah, it's work."

-"Why do you keep saying that?"

"Because it's work. My dad dreamed of walking on the moon, then he walked on the moon and got sick of it. It's work."

lmfao

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

Shite. Pure shite. How this got such rave reviews I dont know. Never experienced more of an exponentially decreasing intrest in a film before, litreally got worse every 5 minutes. Started interesingly enough, I could see McDormand was on good form and saw where all the praise for her performance came from, but everything else just fell into a heap of shite. Felt like the script was written by a teenager obsessed with Tarantino.Music/sound track was tonally all over the shop. Direction felt derivative and at times crossing into 'made for TV family movie' realms.

Went to see Aquaman last night, it was a LOT better than I expected it to be. In all honesty one of the better superhero movies I've watched, and easily the best DC Universe movie they've put out yet, definitely more interesting than the Marvel iron-infinity-avenger dribble. Good fun action and the CGI in the underwater battles looked great.

Edited by ghOsty

also just saw Aquaman the other day!

Was a 4DX 3D screening! Mad stuff. Seats moving and punching you in the back, water sprays, cold air shooting all over the place...bubbles dispersed!

Overall my review for this movie was - it was very cold.

What's a bit funny about Aquaman, to me, is that the worst tv program of this decade , entourage, basically revolved around some smug cunt being a fictional aquaman. I used to have no internet for months at a time, and I would occasionally be stuck with an entire series on my own stick that was my only thing to watch in the interim between spending 4 days taking ecstacy every weekend. I actually watched the entirety of entourage, and I feel like I'm not remotely exxagurating when I say it is an accurate portrayal of the mental sickness of the millennial generation. Spectacularly shite

. It really says a lot about the depths my mental state had actually reached to watch 8 seasons of it.

Edited by messiaen

Aquaman is two and a half hours long, my arse cannot accept such long movies. So I watched Bumblebee instead. It has all the robots in 80s style cars. 80s music, smiths and pretenders. breakfast club references etc. At least it was better than the Michael Bay stuff. All transformers movies should be set in the 80s. Reminds me of the south park episode awesomeo where cartman pretends to be a robot. Kept singing You’ll be my robot friend to myself.

The House That Jack Built.

Great work from Matt Dillon describing LVT's revulsion/fascination at the depths of his own depravity/genius as he reminisces about all the art he's made. Seriously good film.

The House That Jack Built. Great work from Matt Dillon describing LVT's revulsion/fascination at the depths of his own depravity/genius as he reminisces about all the art he's made. Seriously good film though.

The scene where he constantly runs back to the house because he thinks he missed a spot was amazing.

Stigmata - The most 90's film ever, I'm open to hear anything moreso but suspect it dont exist.

Maybe Trespass...especially when you take the soundtrack into account.

Hahaha. sorry wrong movie. Was thinking Judgement Night. My bad.

Edited by olo

In Which We Serve - primo British war/class wank, Noel Coward's stiff upper lip Navy twat was enough, the fact there was even a period where people really talked like that, unreal.

Shit model boats & planes are so-so, blokes on ships ducking at German bombs, a crazed gunnery operator who must be the most refined personification of anti-German sentiment ever depicted on film, ok maybe that's going a bit far, eg Come And See, but even a high dose edible couldn't wipe the shit off this, sorry christmas

Reality Bites is the most 90's movie ever

I spent the weekend revisiting old Herzog films. Listening to the commentary to Stroszek specifically is interesting. Herzog's priorities of mise en scène for the final sequence are rather telling.

The House That Jack Built. Great work from Matt Dillon describing LVT's revulsion/fascination at the depths of his own depravity/genius as he reminisces about all the art he's made. Seriously good film though.

The scene where he constantly runs back to the house because he thinks he missed a spot was amazing.

There were a lot of phenomenal scenes in the film- that  one made me laugh in a sadistic sort of way.

The scene with "simple" was incredible for the tension it built.

Mallrats.

=X

I want chocolate covered pretzels now
Fuck yeah ya do!!!

I do too...

Where's Brodie when you need 'em?!

*snoochie-boochies, yo.

Edited by Hk47