watched The Golden Voyage of Sinbad last night, loved it. i'd heard of Harryhausen and seen clips ofc but never actually watched any of his stuff.. so cool.. i'm gonna get them all

6 minutes ago, eryngi said:

watched The Golden Voyage of Sinbad last night, loved it. i'd heard of Harryhausen and seen clips ofc but never actually watched any of his stuff.. so cool.. i'm gonna get them all

?

On 5/5/2019 at 4:06 PM, chenGOD said:

Endgame: great escapism. Anyone who expects more from a superhero movie is an idiot. 

You know the characters in superhero movies have themes and arcs and stuff and it's satisfying to see them come full circle. If the MCU was just about escapism I wouldn't watch it because it would be boring. 

They really pulled off Tony Stark's arc. I missed the "I love you 3000" line the first time I saw it and teared up pretty hard when I noticed it the second time.

Captain America's Arc was fine. It was definitely time to end it. It feels like he's been waiting in stasis for several movies to get an ending. He was the only avenger I guessed the ending for....well him and Hawkeye. Thought Tony would end up differently but when I saw he had a kid early on in the movie it was all bets out the window.

Besides that I wanted to see more from Hulk and Thor, but they're alive so I guess maybe later.

Edited by Brisbot

8 minutes ago, Ivan Ooze said:

Killer klowns from outer space

Send with tapalk thank u joyrex

I've seen it quite a long time ago. I remember having a nightmare because of it when I was a kid actually. Ah my first existential crisis.

11 hours ago, Brisbot said:

You know the characters in superhero movies have themes and arcs and stuff and it's satisfying to see them come full circle. If the MCU was just about escapism I wouldn't watch it because it would be boring. 

They really pulled off Tony Stark's arc. I missed the "I love you 3000" line the first time I saw it and teared up pretty hard when I noticed it the second time.

Captain America's Arc was fine. It was definitely time to end it. It feels like he's been waiting in stasis for several movies to get an ending. He was the only avenger I guessed the ending for....well him and Hawkeye. Thought Tony would end up differently but when I saw he had a kid early on in the movie it was all bets out the window.

Besides that I wanted to see more from Hulk and Thor, but they're alive so I guess maybe later.

Please.  I collected marvel comics for a stupidly long time. The character development arcs are literally aimed at teenagers. 

This is pop culture. It’s good for what it is,  but this is culture aimed at mass consumption. 

As to guessing the ending for Captain America, it was literally written more than 10 years ago. 

Again, don’t get me wrong - they were enjoyable escapism.  But the MCU is not the place I’m turning to for deep insight into the human psyche, or to make me ponder existentialism. 

• Like 1

There is a sliding scale between enjoyable escapism and deep insight into the human psyche.

This bullshit. pretty terrible so far

Surprised to see it's the guy that did The Descent. Also Bob Hoskins and Malcolm Mcdowell are in it lol

I feel like I watched the whole movie after seeing the trailer.

Edited by Brisbot

4 hours ago, Brisbot said:
4 hours ago, Ivan Ooze said:

Killer klowns from outer space

Send with tapalk thank u joyrex

I've seen it quite a long time ago. I remember having a nightmare because of it when I was a kid actually. Ah my first existential crisis.

time to watch it again!

14 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

time to watch it again!

I kinda want the crazy surreal cosmic horror. The ones where you don't know the true shape of the cosmic entity kinda thing.

The Void

The Endless

In The Mouth of Madness

um, can’t think of more at the mo. Will come back to this one.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, iococoi said:

he also did the new hellboy...YIKES..

I really like David Harbour, it was a shame to see his first foray into a AAA film was so bad. It was a mistake from the start when they could have just capped off the OG trilogy, which would have made bank at the box office.

ah i c..

Guillermo del Toro was not offered the full writer-director capacity he had performed in the first two films, and Ron Perlman, who portrayed Hellboy in the previous films, refused to return without del Toro's involvement.

11 hours ago, Tim_J said:

please post them! 

I second this. Could you share the deets? Christiane F (1970) was one of the dvd placements I caught onto in the movie during Climax's scene. 

Edited by kichiguy

20 minutes ago, iococoi said:

ah i c..

yeah which was dumb considering how big the films were. Reminds me of how Sony  shafted Spider-man 4 because of Spider-man 3 when they were the reason it was so bad. They wanted Venom in it, and some advisor on their part recommended that Peter Parker dance-off scene. 95% of what was bad about that movie had to do with Venom which was not what Sam Raimi wanted initially as he didn't understand the character. Then they went on to make that awful spider-man reboot with Andrew Garfield where Sony had way too much influence.

Edited by Brisbot

Weird I found some articles saying he decided not to do the third movie. Maybe it was GoT then. I saw an interview recently with Ron Perlman saying they had been trying to do the third one for ten years. But I guess he lost interest.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, kichiguy said:

I second this. Could you share the deets? Christiane F (1970) was one of the dvd placements I caught onto in the movie during Climax's scene. 

I actually missed that one, cheers!

edit wait its already on my letterboxd watchlist haha

Edited by MadellisTheSixth
I binge letterboxd lists
  • Like 1