• Joyrex changed the title to Films Recently Watched
On 8/13/2019 at 6:14 AM, MadameChaos said:

He made some good films once upon a time....

I didn't realize just how many good movies he made until I looked at his rotten tomatoes page.

And yeah now that I think about it I've barely seen anything from him after the early 2000s. Mostly seen some stuff he produced.

2 hours ago, Brisbot said:

I didn't realize just how many good movies he made until I looked at his rotten tomatoes page.

And yeah now that I think about it I've barely seen anything from him after the early 2000s. Mostly seen some stuff he produced.

Yeah I know right! It's because he's so prolific! People forget the early stuff. Some of my faves include:

Empire of the Sun 

The Color Purple 

Close Encounters of the Third Kind 

The Sugarland Express

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial of course this is legendary!!!!

• Like 1

Every one of his films are five star apart from a couple. Close Encounters is my favourite. Best of his later work is AI, Ready Player One, The Post, Bridge Of Spies, Munich, the afore mentioned Tin Tin.. hell, I even have a soft spot for The BFG. He's chopped and changed between genres effortlessly all through the decades. Something which Ridley has struggled with since the early 80's. Steven deserves a tip of the fedora from every member here. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, usagi said:

I have a soft spot for Sphere. I think it might have been entirely because of Sharon Stone at the time.

I also love Sphere for some reason.

The Spielberg movie got Tintin wrong for me, felt like a different planet to the world of the comics.

Then again one of the most well-known movie critics here is also an authority on comics and a total Tintin geek and he loved it.

Anyone recommend their favorite cosmic horror movies? An example being In the Mouth of Madness, but not necessarily just like that. I've gotten really into them, and there doesn't seem to be many in general.

Edited by Brisbot
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Brisbot said:

Anyone recommend their favorite cosmic horror movies? An example being In the Mouth of Madness, but not necessarily just like that. I've gotten really into them, and there doesn't seem to be many in general.

Maybe this falls a bit out of the category you're asking about, but The Void was pretty entertaining. At least as a sci-fi horror that tries to connect with horror movies like The Thing from '82.

It was a real mess, but it had it's heart in the right place.  Baskin is maybe worth checking out, also full of flaws. Annihilation, the endless.

Mandy, not really cosmic per se, but I'd stick it in there anyway.

Edited by Gocab
  • Like 1