On 10/4/2019 at 1:22 PM, Squee said:

In The Tall Grass -1000/10

This is one if the worst movies I’ve watched in ages. The acting was god damn ludicrous. 

you can say that again-

just finished it. thought it should have ended about 20 min in, but it just kept hammering the same thing over and over again

Saw the Joker movie tonight. I’ve gotta say, it’s more or less exactly what I expected. Well crafted. Joaquin delivers. Great score. Well shot. All of that. 

On the flip side, this is not the movie we need to see right now. It’s a fundamentally crass, anarchistic film that litters the screen with images that can be confused for statements but ultimately burns any shred of a philosophy to the ground. I know. It’s a comic book movie.  But the optics of this movie are fucked. 

I’m going to go watch the Great British Bake Off now and cleanse my palate. 

ALSO... (actual spoilers)

Spoiler

What’s up with turning young Alfred into a dick and having some random clown kill Bruce Wayne’s parents???
I’m no expert, but that isn’t cannon, is it?? I mean, I thought the most crucial point of Batman’s life story was Joker killing his parents.

Edited by J3FF3R00

I can't wait to get home from work to see this tall grass nonsense. I hope it's as bad as bird box, something's wrong with me.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, Gocab said:

I can't wait to get home from work to see this tall grass nonsense. I hope it's as bad as bird box, something's wrong with me.

And now I'm here regretting my choices. This is way too long, acting is walking dead on a bad day -terrible and the suspense is non existent. Visually drab. Hot garbage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gocab said:

And now I'm here regretting my choices. This is way too long, acting is walking dead on a bad day -terrible and the suspense is non existent. Visually drab. Hot garbage.

Oh, it gets worse.

lol, I thought I was near the end, but there's still 20 minutes to go :cerious:

Toy Story 4... is a pretty bad film.

17 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

On the flip side, this is not the movie we need to see right now. It’s a fundamentally crass, anarchistic film that litters the screen with images that can be confused for statements but ultimately burns any shred of a philosophy to the ground. I know. It’s a comic book movie.  But the optics of this movie are fucked. 

When would it be a good time to see Joker then?

3 hours ago, Brisbot said:

When would it be a good time to see Joker then?

Probably never.

But, if there were a time, I’d say it would probably have to be after we’ve shifted our society from what it currently is to one that (for a start) outlaws guns, prioritizes funding for public education, and provides universal healthcare (including comprehensive mental health coverage). 

Edited by J3FF3R00

4 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Probably never.

But, if there were a time, I’d say it would probably have to be after we’ve shifted our society from what it currently is to one that (for a start) outlaws guns, prioritizes funding for public education, and provides universal healthcare (including comprehensive mental health coverage). 

Comic books movies have always portrayed this ideal libertarian society where the govt. is inept, and so it's up to a bunch of individual morally good greek gods in spandex to make things right. It's fun to imagine, but has never portrayed reality. To me it's always been simple fun.

However I'm sure a few mentally ill people/4-channers will cite Joker as their inspiration to do some crazy crap. I mean it happened with The Dark Knight, so why wouldn't it happen again. Until there is a tangible uprising however, there's no reason to worry about it.

Edited by Brisbot

5 hours ago, Brisbot said:

However I'm sure a few mentally ill people/4-channers will cite Joker as their inspiration to do some crazy crap. I mean it happened with The Dark Knight, so why wouldn't it happen again.

Nope, it didn't happen with The Dark Knight. Holmes was not inspired by the Joker, and the only reason he went to that movie was because he knew there would be a load of people there.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/10/joker-aurora-shooting-rumor

There should be a Riddler movie. Starring Leonardo DiCaprio with a beer gut wearing a stained green t shirt with a question mark on it. He asks people stupid questions, spray paints question marks on everything and gets arrested, and ends in a climactic bum fight on a skyscraper rooftop in Shanghai. The villain will be Batman, played by present day Val Kilmer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

201800827-256-k643810.jpg

saw a couple of people yapping about how this was some kind of "underrated film" so i decided to check it out. it's basically a competently made b-movie without the sense of humor

i also love how in these kind of films (mainly mainstream)- whatever it is that everyone is trying to get away from has this maniacal need to kill them. not even for food.

four large man-maulers / ten

On 5/3/2019 at 9:03 PM, Nebraska said:

tales-from-the-quadead-zone-1987-poster.

a masterclass and z-grade filmmaking. 3 stories of absolute garbage but told with a pure heart. vhs cassettes of this sell for the thousands because you have to see it to believe it was made.

Currently sampling the everliving everdead fuck out of this, FYI