On 1/23/2020 at 10:06 PM, Nebraska said:

220px-Female_Convict_Scorpion_Jailhouse_

the 2nd part in this series, this is probably my favorite; a no holds barred epic assault on the senses. nami escapes from prison with a gang of 6 other inmates- then go on some kind of hallucinatory journey through the wilderness before the final showdown with the guards. it sounds simple- and has your obligatory "rape" scenes- but the photography mixed with comic book style visual edits and brain melting flashbacks/flash-forwards/screen tears and fantasy sequences really make this a fun and unique film.

p.s. this has one of the sexiest endings i've seen in an exploitation film

jailhouse41-gif4.gif

220px-Female_Convict_Scorpion-_Beast_Sta

things slow down a bit in the 3rd part as nami seeks refuge with a prostitute who's having an incestuous relationship with her mentally challenged brother. a thug recognizes her and threatens to give her up unless she becomes "his main woman" while the prostitute harboring her is shaken down by the local yakuza. meanwhile- there's a cop with one arm on her heels and another inmate with a score to settle. 

tumblr_prf7z6DVK31ug2uiho1_500.gifv

there's a scene where a guy gets a kettle of scolding hot water thrown in his face and that's what it feels like watching these films one after the other

p2552598314.jpg

last one in the series. this is a bit of a departure from the other 3 - including a different director. kinda picks off where the last one left things with nami on the run before she gets together with an ex-boyfriend and rekindles things. unfortunately, this guy is also wanted by the cops- and given the offer of nullifying his criminal history if he can give up his dame. 

meiko kaji said these films were grueling to film and was thankful to get them done- which of course sucked for mankind. 

tumblr_pfn91hYY6k1ukwh7so1_400.gifv

Bowling Warney, bowling

Juliet of the Spirits on the big screen this weekend. Add an edible. Felt enveloped by colour, so much detail, if you’re UK it seems to have a circulation of screenings going round, def worth treating yourself. The ending is a language all of its own.

spacer.png

Finally watched the original Terminator today. Now I understand the references included in Terminator: Resistance. Hell, there's even a reference to the final showdown scene in Duke Nukem 3D. And even a weapon reference Resident Evil 4.

Might get to Judgement Day tomorrow. Can't believe I've been decades behind. Oh well. Better late then never.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, ambergonk said:

Finally watched the original Terminator today. Now I understand the references included in Terminator: Resistance. Hell, there's even a reference to the final showdown scene in Duke Nukem 3D. And even a weapon reference Resident Evil 4.

Might get to Judgement Day tomorrow. Can't believe I've been decades behind. Oh well. Better late then never.

You’ve never seen T2? Is that even legal?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Ivan Ooze said:

New rambo is good
New terminator is trasshhh

I heard all Terminator films after Judgement Day are trash.

The recent Terminator: Resistance game is good tho. Although apparently the same devs made a trash Rambo game prior to that. Irony.

vice-academy2-300x400.jpg

it's rare that a really good film has an even better sequel, but this is one of those rare moments. this time it's linnea quigley and ginger allen as rookie cops going after spanish fly- a villainess who spikes the los angeles police force's water cooler with a powerful aphrodisiac and threatens to do the same for the city's water system. 

what puts this film over the previous endeavor is the 'friendly' rivalry betwix holly and didi (allen and quigley) as they attempt to graduate to full members of the police force, get credit for catching spanish fly in her perverse acts, and out-doing bimbocop: a superhuman cyborg law enforcing bimbo.

an easy 36-24-36 from here and a classic 'eye candy hall of fame' masterpiece

Edited by Nebraska
  • Like 2

On 1/20/2020 at 10:25 AM, Taupe Beats said:

In a vaguely similar context, I really want to see this:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091459/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Got around to this. Nina Menkes is an unheralded gem of a filmmaker. For a film that obv. had next to $0 budget, the framing/locations are amazing. Once again her sister plays the protagonist, with a singular style where it seems like she's been transported into a completely unfamiliar culture and speaks in riddles.

I liked the incongruity with how the events of the film unfold. Coupled with how the two existences the protagonist encountered are basically the same.

@Nebraska I'd be curious of your take on this one. It's shot entirely in East LA in the mid-80's, and I highly doubt there's anything like it.

1 hour ago, Taupe Beats said:

@Nebraska I'd be curious of your take on this one. It's shot entirely in East LA in the mid-80's, and I highly doubt there's anything like it.

will keep you posted as soon i check it out. thanks for the recommendation 

MV5BZmFkZmIzOWEtYWY0OS00MGYyLWJhM2UtOTI0

this was pretty entertaining and not at all what i expected. it's has all the hallmarks of a sleazy b-movie but it's played pretty dramatically and has a lot of 70s tv regulars like della reese (playing a hardened repeat offender), lynne moody (being as sexually demure as ever) and deborah raffin as her co-ed best friend. 

the storyline falls somewhere between 'jeepers creepers' and any women-in-prison film with two college coeds from UCLA passing through small town USA and getting 'unfairly' detained for trespassing by the local corrupt 'sheriff' playing to perfection by chuck connors. 

this was a tv movie, but when it started to get popular (surprisingly being one of the most popular films in china for that year) they added some TnA and violence for good measure. good stuff

Un Fils (2019)

Very heavy but very good 2 hr movie on the current state of society in Tunesia, using a story about a couple whose son gets shot by jihadists as the scaffolding.

14 hours ago, Squee said:

Uncut Gems - marvelous!

It was tense, messy and without a single likable character... and so cool! That soundtrack was certainly unexpected. 

I didn't really enjoy 1917... 

Edited by chim

Nicolas Cage’s meta movie about Nicolas Cage gets 2021 release date

Lionsgate has set a March 19, 2021 wide-release date for “The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent,” the meta action comedy that stars Nicolas Cage as a version of himself.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/03/nicolas-cages-meta-movie-about-nicolas-cage-gets-2021-release-date/

Also, https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8114980/

A quiet drifter is tricked into a janitorial job at the now condemned Wally's Wonderland. The mundane tasks suddenly become an all-out fight for survival against wave after wave of demonic animatronics. Fists fly, kicks land, titans clash -- and only one side will make it out alive.

Edited by ManjuShri
  • Like 1

On 2/4/2020 at 11:09 PM, QQQ said:

The Lighthouse was incredible

Incredibly divisive, anyway. Some people (like you) think it’s fantastic, others (like me) think it’s excruciating and juvenile. Haven’t heard of anyone who found it meh yet.

• Thanks 1