on a 2 week forced staycation cuz ov corona so since thursday i,ve watched STALKER,MAD MAX FURY ROAD and KING OF NEW YORK,all great,think its gonna be PRINCE OF DARKNESS(87) tomorrow

Edited by sunshine recorder
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, sunshine recorder said:

on a 2 week forced staycation cuz ov corona so since thursday i,ve watched STALKER,MAD MAX FURY ROAD and KING OF NEW YORK,all great,think its gonna be PRINCE OF DARKNESS(87) tomorrow

Sprinkle Brad Dourif pls

I'm pretty sure he was the least annoying thing in one of those transformers movies.

Edited by Gocab

on a lazy saturday i once watched all her movies in that kind of immobile, brain-dead horny state than only a truly exceptional hangover brings. she needs .. a DP. ... director of photography of course

• Like 1

On 3/26/2020 at 10:24 PM, markedone said:

Elevator to the Gallows directed by Louis Malle, Is on mubi. Excellent classic noir shots and scenes. The plot sometimes relies on its characters making ridiculous decisions but it also has some clever moments, and overall an entertaining watch

Buried the lede here...Miles Davis did the score

• Like 1

I don’t get the love witch hate, at all. 
I loved that movie. Fucking brilliant. Also, the love witch is a mega-babe. 
FYI, the visual style was intended to be like a 60s B-horror movie. If you’ve ever  watched any of the late 60s Hammer films / etc, it makes sense. 

e78a4b82a4b7563e038f21fcb0dd463b.jpg

this film almost betrays expectations as it has some artsy vision (almost reminiscent of eraserhead) but it loses focus A LOT, insisting on showing urban decay of staten island instead of developing character or images. an interesting effort though that got lost in the mayhem that was rambo/commando/platoon excitement

Edited by Nebraska

44 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

I don’t get the love witch hate, at all. 
I loved that movie. Fucking brilliant. Also, the love witch is a mega-babe. 
FYI, the visual style was intended to be like a 60s B-horror movie. If you’ve ever  watched any of the late 60s Hammer films / etc, it makes sense. 

this was an homage to hammer films? you don't say lol.

everything about the movie was captured in the first 20 mins (or less). the movie divides it's time between a completely boring repetition of the plot and interminable scenes of characters describing witchcraft/love/gender, sometimes even looking directly into camera to do so (lol). love witch talks to herself throughout whole film as well just in case the extremely repetitive and obvious points were somehow missed. if this transpired over the course of 60 minutes it might be worth sitting through (prob not tho). the fact that it is double that is inexcusable. the renaissance fair scene? are you kidding me? that was like 600 minutes long. wow it looks like a tarot card or something. that's so freaking occult. 

i think there are way too many "smart" films being made that are captured by this postmodern rut of regurgitating the past but framed in the glittering gold of "modern ideas" (i guess this is about...gender?). what end up happening is you get films failing on both ends. they aren't serious enough to commit to the ideas and do some deep bergam level philosophical movie making, but they simultaneously take themselves too seriously to be legitimately camp or actually fun. they end up being really boring and usually overlong. midsommar is the quintessential example of this and way worse than love witch bc at least the latter at least went all out with the campiness. but when you're watching an actually campy bmovie from the 60s-80s, for the most part you don't have to listen to freshmen lectures about gender/trauma/race or whatever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

also the cinematography sucked horribly and there were really distracting continuity errors. in like the first 2 minutes we already see objects moving between cuts and stuff. very amateurish. 

I didn’t say it was an homage to hammer films. 
I’m glad you are passionate. Keep fighting the good fight. 

Moving on....

Crip Camp (on Netflix)

stop whatever you’re doing and watch it now / 10

Also not an homage to Hammer films. 

The_Stand_(TV_miniseries).jpg

starts off promising, then begins to fall apart once the initial (after the fact) storyline is established. by the end there is a little deus ex machina because- you'd need something more than the 6 plus hours already required to get through it. not bad- but that's about it.

1291703.jpg

i have a serious soft spot for this despite the absolute lunacy of the bronson pinchot and the obvious main problem. what sets it apart from being complete rubbish is the fact that everyone is somewhat likable and is so representative of 90s television it's almost representative of the decade in a scifi made-for-tv film

Edited by Nebraska

recent lockdown movies ended up being...

django unchained...felt a bit by the numbers,especially the verbal diarrhea, but you gotta expect it with tarantino, like most of his stuff there is usually a great pay off coming soon.

the changeling... reminded me a lot of the exorcist,especially the soundtrack,the loud/quiet technique was definitely in full effect here! creepy at times but lolled at the wheelchair chase tho