5. The Wages of Fear

6. The Nightingale (Kent)

7. Hypernormalisation

8. Bangkok Hilton

9. The Ballad of Buster Scruggs

10. The Red Badge of Courage

Edited by Roo
  • Like 1

ista.jpgthis was good...perhaps the most heavily reliant film on voiceover of any film I've seen...to watch it can be boring..the script must have been 300 pages.. it  grinds you down..at the end you are in the world of the Butcher.. he's never someone you're rooting for..he's the most repellant man on the planet.  A drifter and casualty who sees himself as the victim of a corrupt France. To say any more would be to say too much but its a film about the barriers people put upon themselves rather than what they think has been suppressed on them by the enforced laws in their mind

• Like 2

A Review of The Blackwell Ghost 2:

"The Blackwell Ghost 2 aka The Chronicles of Useless Bloke"

The drawing he receives in the mail, which most would immediately recognize as a blueprint rendition of a building, baffles him as he explains in all seriousness how he originally thought it was an image of "somekind of a vacuum cleaner." He then proudly announces his grand discovery: an obvious X in one corner of the picture which Useless Bloke took "forever to see."

After an uneventful drive to the mysterious house, Useless Bloke brings forth a metal detector (to search for something that may well not be metal) and makes a song & dance of not being able to use it properly. When he finally finds the spot he proceeds to bludgeon the ground with a huge pickaxe, oblivious to the fact that the buried item may be fragile.

Thinks there might be a time machine inside the shoebox sized box that he digs up.

Has the foresight to mention how light may damage any unprocessed film, which may be inside the box. But leaves the light on while opening the box.

Preparations for ghost hunting consist of setting up a record player and putting a ball on a table. The self proclaimed "not genius who CAN count" then proceeds to chill out and hardly notices the audible banging.

Fret not for excitement is just round the corner: at 2:37 in the morning some chairs fall over. So riveting it prompts Useless Bloke to replay the recording as we once again watch the chairs uneventfully fall over. But the thrills are far from over as Useless Bloke discovers that the falling chairs can be heard on a recording device in an adjacent room. Cue several sound clips of - you guessed it- some chairs falling over.

Useless Bloke has riveting dreams of doors opening and shutting.

Ghostly activity in the kitchen passes Useless Bloke by while he just chills out on his laptop in the living room.

Furthermore, Useless Bloke looks like a (possibly) non gay version of Brian the Mailman.

7 hours ago, cwmbrancity said:

This was my old man's favourite film. Good to watch & then afterwards try & drive a wagon calmly.

Reminds me of driving home from the cinema after Fury Road. You have that adrenaline to drive in a deranged manner to keep in check.

6Q2cjuMuqticomBjmwxwu8tyWEP.jpg

classic alien abduction story in which a couple of logger hicks observe a UFO and one of them does the classic going-to-close-and-ignoring-all-the-warnings-of-cries-to-get-back. after that it's a mixture of screams and the small town going nuts because "nobody dun seen nuthin' about no UFOs"

basically, the beginning of an x-files episode stretched to 2hrs.

On 5/11/2020 at 5:27 AM, Stickfigger said:

Watching that latest star wars and it is such a piece of shit 

kudos to all the empire ships's janitors out there, they don't seem to get enough recognition nowadays, those floors are always pristine af...

Birds of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn - so bad that it didn't deserve me writing the entire title and yet i still did... honestly though this was gonna be at least a fun popcorn flick but it was tedious...

Edited by Tim_J
  • Confused 1

I seem to remember that getting ok reviews, but fuck me I couldn't even make it through the trailer. What were you thinking?

Oh yeah,  fun popcorn flick

Edited by Gocab

Your questionable views on The Thing(1982) and the relative hotness of Jurnee Smollett-Bell to Margot Robbie along with your repeated denial of Simpsons seasons 3-9 being a tv milestone are part of an escalating series of rebellious comments against The Party and I’m feelin some type of way about it

• Haha 1

I finally watched the Matrix that I didn't finish back in 1999. Still didn't like it lol.

Anybody know where one could stream old Japanese kaiju movies like the Godzilla series?

6 hours ago, Candiru said:

Your questionable views on The Thing(1982) and the relative hotness of Jurnee Smollett-Bell to Margot Robbie along with your repeated denial of Simpsons seasons 3-9 being a tv milestone are part of an escalating series of rebellious comments against The Party and I’m feelin some type of way about it

Finally you answered my question... 

The thing felt like watching an horror version of a Muppets movie... Completely ludicrous specially the part when windows is eaten... Flol 

But i guess I'm missing the point right? :rolleyes:

• Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, Candiru said:

its honestly so messed up