I read somewhere watmm is dying. I think it was on watmm.

12 hours ago, Taupe Beats said:

Wow. If this isn't satire, it's impressive.

It is satire, and it is impressive.

Spoiler

This post is also satire

• Burger 1

3 hours ago, dingformung said:

I don't know why it would be impressive, either. Being destructive is incredibly easy, even Schlitze can do it.

It was impressive in the way it pointlessly derailed good discussion in this thread. Anti-intellectual bullshit has that power.

• Like 1

220px-Blood_Games_VHS_cover.jpg

a group of hotties win a baseball game against the local all-male team. this upsets the home fans more than anyone could ever anticipate. this is exactly the kind of felicitous casting you can expect for this kind of film despite the lack of any all-star female scream queen talent.

stunning fight sequences, really cool camera work, extremely violent, but the shifts in tone in the narrative were kinda unnecessary and off putting... there was too much plot...
The Villainess

nahhh, pretty disgusting but it's boring af and you can see the twists coming miles away...
A Cure for Wellness

11 hours ago, Tim_J said:

stunning fight sequences, really cool camera work, extremely violent, but the shifts in tone in the narrative were kinda unnecessary and off putting... there was too much plot...
The Villainess

Have you watched any South Korean cinema before?

Out of the Furnace 2013 – perhaps a sense of bromide towards this movie by the masses on here. It carries elements which strike a chord within me because of the acting. It became personal in an uneasy way some time ago.

**Some insight if I may please… (movie induced)

I do not have an older brother such with this movie. I am the only son who signed up for the military at 17 years old. I served six years 11-06-89 to 11-07-95. I was in the Panama invasion (82nd Abn) soon after this came the first Gulf war 08-17-90. Eventually leaving for the 173rd Abn in Italy until ETS.

Coming home was different and cannot recollect myself having uncontrolled emotions. Maybe some Bitchcakes mode “attitude” however, nothing serious. eventually returning to a completely different world indifferent to mine. Some friends suffered from lacklustre because it is the path of least resistance i.e. 40oz + porch + illicit drugs = I’ll do it tomorrow.

Later in my life there came a time when I felt uncertainty and anxiety starting to creep in. Ignoring this during college (Godsend = Addy’s) unfortunately this precipitated into me becoming indifferent and apathetic of others feelings or concerns. I became apprehensive to fall asleep due to the insidious - vivid nightmares, still ever-present. My Wife sleeps with my daughters because of the kicking she receives – fucking horrible.

Staying with the movie subject - The movie has a precarious and physically explosive rage that once mirrored my character. In the city, is easy to find violence and it often became physical – there is no winning in this dance. And I had my ass kicked to the point of hospitalization with a ruptured spleen and three ribs broken to name a few. I once knew how this kid felt in the movie. It is almost sinister how this fight or flight can afflict more symptoms beyond oneself.

It is unintended that I went off tangent. I am releasing some of the heat rounds off me by writing on the wrong website. You see, I been to the VA and it is just other fatigued TBI injured guys that gave no true support. (love them) but too depressing to relive certain aspects. Fast forward to 1998 medicated but semi -clear headed - University was not a walk in the park with frat party shit. Twelve years of internal drive and music (which I am serious about in healing) it paid off.

So, in conclusion, the movie is a Hollywood ready-made scenario I suppose. I understand that, but this is what I am watching at 3:30am. Just thought I share my current mindset after watching this movie. Delete if you want if deemed off topic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tec said:

Only towards you.

On 6/25/2020 at 3:57 AM, tec said:

Did you guys never see any 80s films or was this all new to you?

14 hours ago, tec said:

Have you watched any South Korean cinema before?

Edited by Tim_J

3 hours ago, Tim_J said:

Fine. I’ve never understood the appeal of Stranger Things, there has been a discussion here before where a few of us felt that perhaps you should go to the original source rather than a gimmick show which grows worse with every season, but it’s kind of fun so whatever. However, your critiques on a South Korean film expose your own ignorance of the conventions of their cinema. It’s like criticising a Bollywood film for having music in it. I’ll put you on ignore after this as evidently that’ll  be for the best for both of us.

• Like 1

if you could put your cynicism aside for a second, you would easily see that i criticized the unnecessary convoluted plot cause it ends up ruining the flow of the movie...

call me an ignorant and put me on ignore, really nice move... it just goes to show...

Edited by Tim_J

Dead Snow is pretty bad unfortunately, but I hear lots of people like it. Everything up until the zombie stuff blows up is a real drag and looks like ass.

Edited by Gocab

6 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

call me an ignorant and put me on ignore, really nice move... it just goes to show...

No idea what this means. Dead Snow is great fun, give it a watch, if it goes well meet me back here for a beer. 

13 hours ago, Gocab said:

Dead Snow is pretty bad unfortunately, but I hear lots of people like it. Everything up until the zombie stuff blows up is a real drag and looks like ass.

My wife and I thought it was pretty decent. In an “all the clichés make an appearance exactly when you expect them to, there isn’t a single original idea in the entire movie and the monsters are undead Nazis” kind of way.

14 hours ago, Gocab said:

Yeah, but it's worth watching the first one just to watch the sequel which is a whole lot better.

• Like 1