A+ watch the trailer. Great trailer for a great movie.

... and...

spacer.png

I honestly thought this movie was made in 1983 but not released until 2006 and was all "WHY wasn't this released earlier... and that dude from Snatch must be older in real life than he looks???"

Excellent, film as well. I started watching "This Is England 86" and was not NEARLY as into that tho.

On 7/10/2020 at 12:39 AM, Squee said:

Yeah, but it's worth watching the first one just to watch the sequel which is a whole lot better.

Yes, Dead Snow sucks, but the sequel is great.

7 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

A+ watch the trailer. Great trailer for a great movie.

... and...

spacer.png

I honestly thought this movie was made in 1983 but not released until 2006 and was all "WHY wasn't this released earlier... and that dude from Snatch must be older in real life than he looks???"

Excellent, film as well. I started watching "This Is England 86" and was not NEARLY as into that tho.

This being a Warp Film, it is of course mandatory viewing, and I think we can safely assume that everyone here has seen it! ?‍?

I also found it better than the TV series (which actually has two more installments, TIE '88 and TIE '90). There's been talk about a TIE '00 movie to end it all, but fuck knows if that will ever come to be.

• Thanks 1
  • Burger 1

The Joker

finally saw it

It's like some fever dream. Perfectly edited for a short attention span. Went by fast.

It's kind of like you are living in his head. Is the girlfriend even real? A movie about mental illness but doesn't help in fighting the stigma at all

Enjoyed it though. 

Edited by marf
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, IDEM said:

This being a Warp Film, it is of course mandatory viewing, and I think we can safely assume that everyone here has seen it! ?‍?

I also found it better than the TV series (which actually has two more installments, TIE '88 and TIE '90). There's been talk about a TIE '00 movie to end it all, but fuck knows if that will ever come to be.

Is this Babylon movie really shelved from 1980? Amazing music. 

9 minutes ago, marf said:

Oh, sorry, I was talking about This is England. Haven't seen Babylon.

33 minutes ago, marf said:

Amazing music. 

2nd this. I wasn't a huge fan of the film itself but the soundtrack is mandatory.

I have lost my fucking mind on the Barnes & Noble 50% off Criterion sale. Giving the 4K restoration to Richard III tonight. I love the look of VistaVision (Olivier's not too shabby either).

2 hours ago, marf said:

Babylon world-premiered at Cannes' Semaine de la critique in 1980. It was released in the United Kingdom in late 1980 and appeared at the 1981 Toronto International Film Festival on 11 September 1981. Originally deemed “too controversial, and likely to incite racial tension”[5] to play at the New York Film Festival, the film was not released in the United States until 8 March 2019. The U.S. release was distributed by Kino Lorber

On 6/5/2020 at 2:20 PM, Rubin Farr said:

Curious to see this, score by Carpenter Brut:

I tried watching this, the main actor is the worst thing I've ever seen, just couldn't take it. All the dialogue is just cringe hell, but that guy is truly terrible. Unacceptable!

Childish misogynistic 80s retro garbage that tries to pass itself off as pro feminist sci-fi art. Fuck this "film".

Edited by Gocab

26 minutes ago, Gocab said:

I tried watching this, the main actor is the worst thing I've ever seen, just couldn't take it. All the dialogue is just cringe hell, but that guy is truly terrible. Unacceptable!

He looks like one of those generic Anglo LOTR/GoT actors, but he was in Valerian and did voices in Battlefield 5.

Possessor is out there. If you want to see what David Cronenberg might do if he were 40 years younger, his son Brandon is trying his best. Love Canadian scifi, Natali now Cronenberg Mark II, it can be quite wincing at times but then I am a lightweight now. 

Riseboroughsgonnagetya/10

• Like 1

Struggle: The Life and Lost Art of Szukalski

Really cool docu on Netflix, genius sculptor/artist you've never heard of tells his story, lost all his work, crazy but all (maybe) true!

27 minutes ago, TRiP said:

Struggle: The Life and Lost Art of Szukalski

Really cool docu on Netflix, genius sculptor/artist you've never heard of tells his story, lost all his work, crazy but all (maybe) true!

Oh yes! I love the religious mythology he invented when he turned nuts, something about Yetis raping women on the Easter Islands. Also, when the Hitler-regime reached out to him to make Nazi propaganda artworks he sent them a sketch of Hitler in a tutu skirt. They politely declined 

Edited by dingformung
  • Like 1

If you like creepy slow burn haunted house / horror movies, Relic (2020) is a must see. It has some depth as well, not just a stupid horror film.

Excellent. 

i'm ashamed to admit i missed the point of this movie... the plot was being so predictable, weak and silly that i got tired pretty fast and stopped paying attention... after reading some reviews i realized that everything makes sense after all, i simply didn't connect the dots...

I Am Mother

i felt pretty entertained with this... the acting was solid, (i really dig michael shannon, who doesn't right?) and this kind of plot could have gone really wrong pretty fast but it was ok most of the time... it didn't bring nothing really new to the genre but brought back some cool nostalgia... anyway, some people might wonder, have you ever watched 80's movies before?!?!?!

Midnight Special

this is some twilight zone shit, simple and fun, great acting by both... again, fans of the genre might think that everything has been done before and better but hey, this is a little gem taking into account what's coming out these days... compare it to the new twilight zone by jordan peele and you get the gist...

The One I Love

16 minutes ago, Gocab said:

If you like creepy slow burn haunted house / horror movies, Relic (2020) is a must see. It has some depth as well, not just a stupid horror film.

Excellent. 

it finally leaked then, thank!

You seem to shit on all my favourite films in here :emotawesomepm9:

Edited by Gocab

i have a really shitty taste in movies bud...:emotawesomepm9: 

i was under the impression we shared some tastes... you like all those Scandinavian and Asian movies which i also like...

anyway they're just half-assed opinions about flicks... I'm just venting... No one should take it seriously... still manage to trigger some dudes though lol

Edited by Tim_J
  • Haha 1

I'll try to stop using this forum as a place to store my brainfarts. My apologies.

Last post.

2 minutes ago, Gocab said:

I'll try to stop using this forum as a place to store my brainfarts. My apologies.

Last post.

You sound like the voice of reason that should always echo in my head but doesn't

*deletes a bunch of posts*

Edited by dingformung