can't quite remember now, only watch them when i was really young... back then all of them were funny as hell... must have watched them more than 10 times... but this post brought back memories so i'll probably re watch them pretty soon...

• Like 1

Top Secret is tops, these are all great goofy fun, maybe with the exception of police academy, which is it's own thing entirely in my eyes. They're (P.A.) pretty trashy but give me strong nostalgic fuzzy feelings because I grew up watching those movies on one of these things whenever there was a birthday party. 

bWHNFHH.jpg super special fun times. 

Ah yes, look at me waxing nostalgic, an ancient geezer on a teenybopper forum. 

Edited by Gocab
  • Like 1

On 7/11/2020 at 12:24 PM, IDEM said:

This being a Warp Film, it is of course mandatory viewing

That is an appalling comment. To suggest viewing habits are governed by the notoriety of a film production company. How old are you? 15? Or are you 50 and think you are speaking to an audience of naïve doofus' happy clappers? A lot for you to mull over this weekend, just such a douchey statement, almost self contained in its own willful ignorance and misguided grandiosity. Do you work on a shipping container?

• Like 2

Agree. It's the typical Munich sense of entitlement. You aren't talking to a drunk Oktoberfest crowd, @IDEM. This is an IDM forum, not some post-Nazi Schlager forum. Next time think a little harder before you post.

Edited by dingformung

ok the one single shot is quite an achievement (actually there are some cuts here and there but the effect is still there) and there's a lot of detail in the set design but it ends up being quite generic... i also think the writers tried to portray the british soldiers like they were really honorable and brave dudes which most probably didn't happen irl... it was also super slobbery and tried too hard to be epic sometimes...

well, it is what it is, 90 minutes of a sunday afternoon family drama/thriller spent inside a plane with stereotyped terrorists banging on a locked cockpit's door and wreaking havoc among the passengers...

Time to Hunt

there isn't much juice in this flick... the color grading is very tasty like most every south korean movie i've watched, the dystopian set design is pretty dope and the dynamics between the main characters are good, there's good acting definitely and you simpatize with them... although, there are some plot holes in crucial parts of the movie that are a total letdown unless you set your suspension of disbelief threshold really low... the conclusion is completely anti-climatic as well and the very end is pretty weak, should have been cut out imo...

The Perfection

lol dudes i dare you to watch this movie, it's a total mess but i couldn't take my eyes of the screen, except for that one part which was truly disgusting... 2 lesbian cello prodigies rivals go on a road trip around china but things get really weird and you're like wtf is this movie about after all...

Creative Control

first time i watched this i thought it was quite ok but in retrospective it's pretty shallow and childish... augmented reality glasses that end up blurring the protagonist's line between virtual reality and real life... nothing that hasn't been made before and way better... move along...

Edited by Tim_J

I went to see the new Color Out of Space move in a theater that was still showing it and not expecting much, because Nic Cage and Lovecraft movie adaption doesn't sound like a too good combination. But fuck it was actually super entertaining. Just sheer nuttiness. A kind of campy psychedelic cosmic horror romp with body horror elements and it really goes up to eleven towards the end. I was just grinning ear to ear the last third of the movie or so. Based on the IMDB reviews you either love it or hate it. I'm surprised if it doesn't become a cult classic.

Recently re-watched all the Naked Gun films yet again, always a pleasure!

Wasn't too taken with Top Secret!

If you havn't ever seen 'Wrongfully Accused' it's an absolute gem! Written and directed by Pat Proft who also co-wrote the likes of Naked Gun, Hot shots etc.

• Haha 1

On 7/18/2020 at 8:02 PM, Tim_J said:

The Perfection

lol dudes i dare you to watch this movie, it's a total mess but i couldn't take my eyes of the screen, except for that one part which was truly disgusting... 2 lesbian cello prodigies rivals go on a road trip around china but things get really weird and you're like wtf is this movie about after all...

Lol. This seems like something from the watmm's horrible film ideas thread. The actress' expression on this poster and the flipped E in Perfection is an ominous sign that tells to avoid this movie.

Re- watched Anton Corbyn's Most Wanted Man after reading Le Carre's novel. Phillip Seymour is really good in this, even if the movie takes way too much substance away from the story, it still holds well. The final twist made me very sympathetic with the character... the harsh reality of the spy profession is very well portrayed in this regard.

11 hours ago, cichlisuite said:

Lol. This seems like something from the watmm's horrible film ideas thread. The actress' expression on this poster and the flipped E in Perfection is an ominous sign that tells to avoid this movie.

watch it!:doge:

It's a curveballer, i'll say that much for it. I have to credit it that it didn't play ball and is a worthy watch.

7500 - I love films which are in a confined space. Phone Booth, Das Boot, Locke, Buried. It ramps up the tension when you don't know what's going on outside, 7500 played on those strengths and I was impressed

The Guest - Finally saw this last night and it ticks all the boxes for me personally, I think they did a good job with it, strong lead..sets itself up for a sequel

• Like 1

On 7/22/2020 at 6:11 AM, TRiP said:

Wasn't too taken with Top Secret!

Um. Whaaaa???

⬇️⬇️⬇️

spacer.png

mfh73F.gif

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

It's pretty much the best movie ever made.

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1