On 9/5/2020 at 1:24 PM, Valleyfold said:

Hated this. Tried to be super quirky and totally weird man in the most obnoxious way and it just kept going with nothing happening under he surface. Tried to be funny and deep and pulled neither off. And I’ve liked Kaufman’s previous stuff wtf happened. 

These kind of movies are only good for one thing... raking in views on 'plot explained!' videos... I mean I get it - it's art... But honestly fuck that!

Two things I took from this waste of 2 hours were that the human condition can be a downright shit fest...

And also - Autechre's new lp was mentioned in the dialog!!! Was so trippy maaaaan woah... 

4 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Coppola is re-editing and adding new scenes to the steaming pile that was Godfather III:

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-godfather-part-3-new-edit-francis-ford-coppola-release

the guy can't direct anymore to save his life, so he just keeps fiddling with his past work. it's sort of odd that whenever "greatest film directors of all time" is mentioned, his name somehow pops up in there. sure, he directed 4 classics back in the '70s, 2 in the early '80s, then mostly crap after that. The Rainmaker was a decent movie, but in no way a classic film. I hated Dracula, largely because of Keanu's performance though. that has to be one of the worst casting decisions of all time. I thought one of his come back films "Tetro" with Vincent Gallo started off ok, but lost interest quickly. even his wine is fairly pedestrian. but hey, I'm no wine snob and drink the cheap stuff. was drinking some of his chardonnay last night even.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, zero said:

Keanu

5 hours ago, zero said:

worst casting decisions of all time.

Yep, that's pretty much a given.  I think he tops my list of most hated 'actors'.  I >>still<< haven't seen The Matrix because, well, Keanu.

Antiviral was pretty cool and this one is quite promising besides the fact that it looks like it borrows a bit from existenz... Anyway it's just normal he's influenced by his dad...

Edited by Tim_J

1 hour ago, tailings said:

Yep, that's pretty much a given.  I think he tops my list of most hated 'actors'.  I >>still<< haven't seen The Matrix because, well, Keanu.

keanu is good dude get over yourself

• Like 3

Who woulda thunk Keanu would have such a bastion of support here at watmm.  Viva la difference.  Ernest has his fans.  Pauley Shore has his fans.  I suppose Keanu deserves some as well.

4 hours ago, tailings said:

Who woulda thunk Keanu would have such a bastion of support here at watmm.  Viva la difference.  Ernest has his fans.  Pauley Shore has his fans.  I suppose Keanu deserves some as well.

Some people might even like you ?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tim_J said:

Antiviral was pretty cool and this one is quite promising besides the fact that it looks like it borrows a bit from existenz... Anyway it's just normal he's influenced by his dad...

I actually rewatched eXistenZ recently because my roommate hadn't seen it. Still great.

Also rewatched City of God and Michael Clayton. Both still great.

Tried watching The Double. Turned it off not even halfway through. Also watched Stoker, which was okay.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Candiru said:

Keanu is actually IDM. Look it up in the watmmanual, which contains these things called rules. 

"Keanu" produces no hits in the Guidelineswatmmanual produces no hits on the forum other than your post.  I'm more than happy to be schooled on this subject, (and more than a little intrigued), but you will need to provide a link or some other additional information that I might understand this Keanu/IDM link.  Quite frankly, my ears don't hear it.

3 hours ago, tailings said:

"Keanu" produces no hits in the Guidelineswatmmanual produces no hits on the forum other than your post.  I'm more than happy to be schooled on this subject, (and more than a little intrigued), but you will need to provide a link or some other additional information that I might understand this Keanu/IDM link.  Quite frankly, my ears don't hear it.

AAv1ykh.gif

Watch 1917. Single tracking shot gimmick. I was unaware of that going in. Odd choice that may have cheapened the experience, and not at all what I was expecting.

Made the movie feel like a WWI third person game that you couldn't interact with. Or it was like being on a theatrical amusement park ride (i.e. Universal Studios back lot tour) with these predictable timed stops for conflict and tension. 

Not bad. Not in love with it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, eh Speedy said:

Watch 1917. Single tracking shot gimmick. I was unaware of that going in. Odd choice that may have cheapened the experience, and not at all what I was expecting.

Made the movie feel like a WWI third person game that you couldn't interact with. Or it was like being on a theatrical amusement park ride (i.e. Universal Studios back lot tour) with these predictable timed stops for conflict and tension. 

Not bad. Not in love with it.

1917 is beautiful