4 hours ago, Tim_J said:

This was bonkers... Everyone was on acid... A spiral into madness... Many awkward lols... 

That was *awesome*

What’s also cool is that you can read the book it was based on after watching the movie without feeling spoilered at all - and it’s a really good book, too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Tim_J said:

This was bonkers... Everyone was on acid... A spiral into madness... Many awkward lols... 

one of the most memorable films i've seen in the last decade. incredible really, now thinking back on it. novel is also amazing. I highly recommend both to anyone with any sort of interest in film.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/2/2020 at 2:26 AM, Stickfigger said:

Watched TNMT 1 on Amazon Prime; enjoyed the stalgia

Now watch TMNT 2 and get ready for some cringe. I watched that movie all alone a bunch of years ago and I was so embarassed on behalf of the movie.

On 11/1/2020 at 7:05 PM, Nebraska said:

MV5BODY2NjQzYzYtYTgyMy00M2MxLTgyMWQtZTU1

curious if anyone has watched this as i thought this was terrible, but i keep seeing people say they enjoyed it. 

Another social commentary disguised as an horror movie... 100% on rotten tomatoes... :facepalm:

Some interesting dreaming sequences but overall pretty boring... As an horror movie it's basically just jump scares (scary faces out of nowhere mixed with loud noises)... 

Francesco Rosi's "The Mattei Affair" 

I love Rosi's editing style. Combining that with his consistently great choices for subject matter. It's wild to see how this film is both still totally cogent today, and yet somehow feels quaint next to the tenor of the world's tensions now.

Gian Maria Volontè is perfectly cast for the title role.

Oh my lol what a gem, this was ludicrous... Lmao the entire time... It's one of those it's so bad it's good... It's obviously an homage to 80s campy B movies and that's probably the reason why it fails so miserably... Anyway highly recommended if you're into Chuck Norris and you're looking for some great facepalm laughs... 

MV5BOTQyODc5MTAwM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjMw

From the 471 movies I have on my imdb watchlist I found 10 on Netflix... What the hell... For more than what, maybe 2 or 3 years now lots of movies I watch are from Netflix but now I wanna find something at least entertaining and I can't... Any recommendations? 

Anyway I rewatched green room... Sometimes I'm thankful that weed causes me amnesia... It was like watching it for the first time... Didn't remember a single thing about it but damn that was intense... 

5 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

From the 471 movies I have on my imdb watchlist I found 10 on Netflix... What the hell... For more than what, maybe 2 or 3 years now lots of movies I watch are from Netflix but now I wanna find something at least entertaining and I can't... Any recommendations?

already posted about it a while back and not sure if you said you saw it or not (also may not be in your Netflix region), but - 'Love on Delivery', so good!

From Beijing with Love
Probably my least favourite of the Stephen Chows i've been watching, released the same year as 'Love on Delivery', quite different in tone but still maintains good solid comedy moments, just not as relentless as LOD, but in anycase Chow is a born leading star so its hard to not like!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tim_J said:

Anyway I rewatched green room... Sometimes I'm thankful that weed causes me amnesia... It was like watching it for the first time... Didn't remember a single thing about it but damn that was intense... 

Tim_J, the man who beat Netflix.

I'd tell you to get Mubi, but you'd probably eat through that in a day.

Edited by IDEM
  • Like 1

i'm changing my location with a vpn and although the top 10's are changing according to the country i choose (top 10 in russia, top 10 in germany etc...) i can't find any different titles when browsing alphabetically... i'm almost sure this is working cause i have different subtitle languages to choose depending on the country i choose...

On 10/22/2020 at 8:58 PM, TRiP said:

The God of Cookery
So fun, Stephen Chow/10 - the man can't do wrong

Just watched it. 10/10 98 minutes very well spent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Taupe Beats said:

Lotta Lav Diaz on Mubi ?

Browsing the now showing list and apparently there's no Lav Diaz in there... How exactly does Mubi work? I notice there's a library with lots of movies... Do these movies rotate trough the now showing list is that it? 

5 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

Browsing the now showing list and apparently there's no Lav Diaz in there... How exactly does Mubi work? I notice there's a library with lots of movies... Do these movies rotate trough the now showing list is that it? 

https://mubi.com/library/specials/lavdiaz

Those are all able to stream on Mubi. It's not his entire filmography, but it's a lot and contains almost all his best films.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Taupe Beats said:

https://mubi.com/library/specials/lavdiaz

Those are all able to stream on Mubi. It's not his entire filmography, but it's a lot and contains almost all his best films.

Yeah I used the search function and found them... Just wondering what's the difference between the library and the now showing list... The plan says there's 30 movies per month and one new every day... Just wondering how this really works... 

Edit: nvrmdn I got it now?

MUBI is a curated streaming service, which shows an ever-changing collection of hand-picked films. Its NOW SHOWING section introduces a brand new film every day. In 2020, MUBI launched LIBRARY, a new section that features hundreds of films that have previously been selected for NOW Showing. 

Have you watched this? Do it... ?

https://mubi.com/library/specials/arabian-nights

Edited by Tim_J
  • Like 1