7 hours ago, Nebraska said:

Cara-Delevingne-and-Jaden-Smith.jpg

i'm thinking about watching this tonight. this picture alone sold the film for me

okay, i went in after two beers and two smokes. didn't work. switched it off after 15min. 

my recommendation for anyone else risking it is to try a heavier dose.

Kraftidioten (2014)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2675914/

ferry gud,..

... wollyhood remake is/was bs.. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2438644/

{

Flaskepost fra P (2016)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4088268/

YØ!

Kvinden i buret (2013)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2438644/

JÅ!

}

nicely executed nordic crime series..

Edited by iococoi

Boss Level, an action Groundhog day sort of movie. Frank Grillo as the protagonist and Mel Gibson as the villain. Watchable movie and reads like a live-action GTA-type of game.

On 11/27/2020 at 9:54 PM, Nebraska said:

i'm thinking about watching this tonight. this picture alone sold the film for me

Is Will Smith only doing vanity movies for his kids nowadays?

Edited by azatoth

35 minutes ago, azatoth said:

Boss Level, an action Groundhog day sort of movie. Frank Grillo as the protagonist and Mel Gibson as the villain. Watchable movie and reads like a live-action GTA-type of game.

Is Will Smith only doing vanity movies for his kids nowadays?

and for himself. his original plan was to be 'the next tom cruise' which is why he started overbrook to take production cuts to every film he appears in

Tenet_movie_poster.jpg

this was horrible.

Spoiler

kinda thought it was nolan's attempt to make a matrix-type spy thriller except everything was just filled with really elementary cliche's eg. bad sator is a powerful russian oligarch with a "device" that can destroy the world. lots of complex physics jargon thrown around and easily understood by anyone who can offer perfect examples of said jargon to explain to moronic audience watching whilst quickly assembling large teams of commandos at a moments notice to attack counter-espionage team whole will be stopping them from attacking in the first place. 

also the usual treatment of flat production values and gray costumes to give that stale bureaucratic look completes the over bloated package. basically, the opposite of having a good time at the movies is what this is.

On 11/28/2020 at 1:02 PM, Tim_J said:

how/why do you guys know so much about this creature?

if you mean will smith, i work in the film industry so i keep up on the local wildlife 

Edited by Nebraska
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Nebraska said:

this was horrible.

Reveal hidden contents

kinda thought it was nolan's attempt to make a matrix-type spy thriller except everything was just filled with really elementary cliche's eg. bad sator is a powerful russian oligarch with a "device" that can destroy the world. lots of complex physics jargon thrown around and easily understood by anyone who can offer perfect examples of said jargon to explain to moronic audience watching whilst quickly assembling large teams of commandos at a moments notice to attack counter-espionage team whole will be stopping them from attacking in the first place. 

also the usual treatment of flat production values and gray costumes to give that stale bureaucratic look completes the over bloated package. basically, the opposite of having a good time at the movies is what this is.

if you mean will smith, i work in the film industry so i keep up on the local wildlife 

Honestly gotta agree, saw it opening night and it was such a massive let down. It felt like a movie made to make college dudes go "WOAH!!! They're fuckin with time!! Now theres a war!!". I also saw the "twist" from a mile away since they made it so so obvious. I don't think there is a single ounce of subtlety in this movie unfortunately.

1 hour ago, dr lopez said:

lol nolan is very afraid of sex and booba so its an automatic L from a nebraskan POV. that said he's absolutely right, very boring and stupid film

You always say this shit and it's always tired and stupid.

If you wanna turn your brain off, and I mean ALL the way off, then you should check out BEAST MODE - Fans of 80s Horror Comedy - Not sure when the UK release date is, but it is available on most Video On Demand outlets as of today in the States.

(yes, I wrote/directed, no bias here, Swear!!) 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, dr lopez said:

?????

First off:  Apologies for the sharpness of that post. Not a good day for me yesterday and it was inappropriately reflected there. Also, apologies to @Nebraska, my observation here should have stayed my own.

Per-what I meant. I've seen several posts from you marginalizing Nebraska's posts and views on films solely due to the fact that they often comment on exploitation films in this thread. I've seen you do this multiple times, and have always found it flippant and unsubstantiated. Furthermore, I prefer to see content that I may not be familiar with, rather than films which I could find discourse about easily throughout the internet. Nebraska is certainly referencing more unfamiliar content to me. As a result, I bristle at anyone trying to shame that.

This is a great thread that discusses a pretty wide spectrum of film. I want it to stay that way.

don't mean to marginalize, just good-natured ribbing lol. I enjoy nebbys posts, if they leave me a little perplexed at times. we all love some tna, but i prefer to keep work at work if you know what i mean. different strokes etc. 

as you were

• Like 1