On 1/18/2021 at 4:13 PM, J3FF3R00 said:

spacer.png

Michael Caine and Christopher Reeve in a theatrical black comedy directed by Sidney Lumet... yes please. This movie was tons of fun.  

apologies for the double post, can't edit the one above, but just came across this on wiki which I found rather interesting and perhaps a light into why its not talked about as much, or rather didn't get as big a push at the time of its release

Spoiler

The kissing scene between Sidney and Clifford is not in the original play (although they are revealed to be lovers). In his book The Celluloid Closet, gay film historian Vito Russo reports that Reeve said that the kiss was booed by preview audiences in Denver, Colorado, and estimated that a Time magazine report of the kiss spoiled a key plot element and cost the film $10 million in ticket sales.[citation needed] (The film earned more than $19 million at the box office.)[8] In his book Murder Most Queer (2014), Jordan Schildcrout describes attending a screening at which an audience member screamed, "No, Superman, don't do it!" at the moment of the Caine–Reeve kiss.[9] The controversy over the kiss inspired the Tom Smith song "Two Guys Kissin' (Ruined My Life)".[10]

I also just found that audience member quote too funny not to share

• Thanks 1

tried watching the new Jared Leto movie "The little things" on hbo max and completely failed. tried one night, got bored mid way through, and stopped it. tried to pick it up the next night, fell asleep somewhere before the ending, woke up in the middle of the ending climax scene, laughed, and then turned it off without finishing. what a load of shit. 

21 hours ago, zero said:

tried watching the new Jared Leto movie "The little things" on hbo max and completely failed. tried one night, got bored mid way through, and stopped it. tried to pick it up the next night, fell asleep somewhere before the ending, woke up in the middle of the ending climax scene, laughed, and then turned it off without finishing. what a load of shit. 

Tried watching this with my wife. Absolutely embarrassingly bad. Can’t believe these Oscar-winners signed up for this.

anyone into Indian Cinema? i'm not calling it Bollywood cause i just checked the wiki and Bollywood is just a subgenre of Indian Cinema... anyway i watched this movie and it was pretty great... awesome soundtrack... 

any suggestions?

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 11:03 AM, Extralife said:

Tried watching this with my wife. Absolutely embarrassingly bad. Can’t believe these Oscar-winners signed up for this.

It seemed like most of the actors didn’t want to be in the movie, but if this had hit theaters, it would have bombed. Super generic Fincher ripoff.

Spoiler

I was expecting some big feel good ending after the all the horrors the boy had endured for almost three hours. But he just ends up on a mini-bus heading somewhere unknown with his father. What is the audience meant to take from that? It was too subdued.

movieposter_en.jpg

someone had mentioned this film (sorry forget who but thanks for doing so).

really enjoyed it. it's like your typical ufo doc but a little more professionally presented with the same frustrating lack of "proper" evidence unless you believe all the "experts" interviewed. and this time, they actually do have some legit folks.

• Like 1