1 hour ago, kichiguy said:

I watched this movie after drinking a few cups of tea brewed with morning glory seeds and i remember that desert scene really doing my head in. Need to revisit.

About 80% of the film takes place in a desert but I assume you specifically meant the oil wells part?

• Like 1

Mandibles (2020)

I loved every second of this movie. Sort of like a French Dumb and Dumber. Like every Quentin Dupieux movie, it's so absurd that it's charming. Can't recommend it enough!

MV5BYTc0NWFmZmUtMTYxNi00ZDZmLWJmNWMtNWUzOGE0Nzg3M2Y4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzA4MDA0Mjc@._V1_.jpg

10 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

I rewatched Event Horizon last year and it was awesome ! Sam Neil's modified Australian Flag (to have the Australian aboriginal flag in the corner instead of the Union Jack) was a nice touch:

Sam Neill in ‘Event Horizon’

I have seen that they are developing an Event Horizon TV series at Amazon which will most likely be absolutely terrible.

I don’t think I’ve watched one original show on Amazon, but it has all seasons of The Americans. ?? 

Amazon also has the boys, which is the best superhero thing.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBOPhJulZXPGKJOBJxjKA

this was brilliant. loved every second of it. 

jorX51O.jpg

watched this right after. basically, louis theroux's therapy for missing out on the tiger king craze despite interviewing joe exotic before the netflix doc ever happened- then realizing most of those guys signed a contract prohibiting them of participating in another doc about tiger king. bummer

Just watched Machete. Thought it sucked. I thought it was gonna be a rollercoaster of sexy birds, blood, violence and jokes. 50% of it was, the other half was dull. How is that even possible? Robert de Niro bunny hopping with his feet and hands tied was hilarious as was something about shooting the pecker off a mosquito at 1000 ft. Should of been much, much better. But I’ll give it a 7/10 an extra point for Michelle R. So tasty.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, milkface said:

Anyone seen Creep (2014)? If so is it worth a watch? heard mixed reviews so was wondering.

i thought it's great. the villain guy is creepy and the way it's acted and shot good. the second one is good too, less so than the first but serious serial killer vs woman old school style vibe in the end which is different from the first one. they both have their thing

saw Wrong Turn (2021)

it's actually alright. way different from all the earlier wrong turn sequels. takes a more "realistic" route. it has many flaws I guess but overall decent.

• Thanks 1

saw Belladonna of Sadness, a beautifully made anime film born of 1960s psychedelic culture. overall it's a slow, sleepy, organic, atmospheric way to enjoy 90 minutes in a dark room - that being said, there are more than a few sexual/violent scenes that really caught me off guard. it goes from "Miffy" to "A Clockwork Orange" in a heartbeat.

overall i think despite the curveballs, there is a definite creative vision here which is worth watching. i'd describe it as a mixture of Yellow Submarine and Perfect Blue.

• Like 2

MV5BMjNkZjgyMmEtMzBjMi00ZmM3LWFlMTYtODQ3

pretty interesting and strangely intriguing documentary about the largest retirement home in .us (basically disney world for geriatrics) and the various old fogies living there. sometimes it's filmed like a narrative feature, while the rest of the time it's a straight doc- and produced by darren "i ripped off perfect blue' aronofsky.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, coax said:

i thought it's great. the villain guy is creepy and the way it's acted and shot good. the second one is good too, less so than the first but serious serial killer vs woman old school style vibe in the end which is different from the first one. they both have their thing

saw Wrong Turn (2021)

it's actually alright. way different from all the earlier wrong turn sequels. takes a more "realistic" route. it has many flaws I guess but overall decent.

Creep 1 & 2 were both above average found footage films n' very enjoyable. 

Made it 20 mins into the new Wrong Turn before deciding to revisit the early ones instead (the first two are solid) 

This rainy weekend spent chilliin in Andy Sidaris' 1990s Hawaii utopia land with Hard Ticket to Hawaii, Picasso Trigger and Hard Hunted