Hereditary was excellent. One of those films where I found myself constantly searching in the shadows, at shapes in the half light, and various objects in rooms to find something demonic waiting. I think I was wound tight as a spring most of the duration, though there was a chunk of maybe 30 minutes when things went a bit slow. Even more spooky was I had a lovely, peaceful sleep all the way to my alarm clock. Maybe tonight the dream demons will visit...

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2

aufilrfigyq61.jpg?width=320&crop=smart&a

this was piss poor. 

Spoiler

i'm very confused why, if the whole reason for going into vegas was to get alpha zombie's girlfriends head, why not just get it in the first 15minutes and head back? what was the point of dragging it around vegas going for the safe? and did they really need all those people? seemed like it was just an excuse to get some of "the team" killed off. and the constant slow-motion every few minutes or so just got juvenile.

also- zombie tiger? really?

-8/10

• Like 1

On 5/19/2021 at 8:35 PM, beerwolf said:

Hereditary was excellent. One of those films where I found myself constantly searching in the shadows, at shapes in the half light, and various objects in rooms to find something demonic waiting. I think I was wound tight as a spring most of the duration, though there was a chunk of maybe 30 minutes when things went a bit slow. Even more spooky was I had a lovely, peaceful sleep all the way to my alarm clock. Maybe tonight the dream demons will visit...

So good that you posted on watmm during the film?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, perunamuusi said:

So good that you posted on watmm during the film?

What are you talking about you charmless cunt face.

Yeah the edit was a question mark to a full stop. 

Edited by beerwolf

C’mon cunt stain. Lets hear it. Bless us with your sneering arrogance how you came to the grand conclusion that I posted my comment while watching the film. Why on Earth would it even matter to you anyway. Weirdo.

And before Mods start getting all upset over my behaviour there’s a reason for it. And totally justified. Just in case.

Edited by beerwolf

4 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

And before Mods start getting all upset over my behaviour there’s a reason for it. And totally justified. Just in case.

No prob.

• Thanks 1

I’m waiting for the reply asshole. Your first (that I know of) underhanded, nasty comment towards me I just let go. I kind of assume you think I’m thick, or stupid. Go on let it go. Tell me/us exactly what you think. Tell everyone on watmm, what you think of me. 

It’s all yours. Go for it. Unfortunately for you, unlike last time, I’m not in the mood for taking your shit.

34 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

brothers, let us simply unite in the spirit of sean, rob, the brothers, hypercum

no need for discord between two posting champions 

You legend. As always. I shall say no more and leave these shores for a while and dream of snoozing under blue skies on a deserted Pacific atoll. No problems. 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2021 at 12:47 AM, Thu Zaw said:

Just watched this

Tati was a genius of understated comedy. You'll have to watch everything he's made several times to catch everything that's going on. Check out The School For Postmen and especially Evening Classes, it's amazing. Mon Oncle is probably my favourite, but all his work is brilliant.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/22/2021 at 6:33 PM, beerwolf said:

C’mon cunt stain. Lets hear it. Bless us with your sneering arrogance how you came to the grand conclusion that I posted my comment while watching the film. Why on Earth would it even matter to you anyway. Weirdo.

Your post above that says "Got 20 mins left of Hereditary"

• Haha 5

Army of the dead was stupid but fun. Snyder going full ham with Bautista and exploding zombie heads. I even dug the wonky lenswork. If I watch a movie the whole way through these days, it usually means they got something right. 

Edited by chim

None of it made any sense though. I'm sure he had fun. Not sure what the robot zombies were all about? It was a giant stupid mess, but somewhat entertaining.

Edited by Silent Member

Wilde Maus. A prominent music reviewer gets fired from his job and his life begins to unravel. So much understated comedy in everything about Josef Hader, a pleasure to watch.

220px-Hardcore_1979_movie_poster.jpg

this is a classic cautionary film that ironically never became the "big hit" it could have been, due to the very puritanical mindset it was cautioning about. i don't think it's a great film (and the director is somewhat clumsy in his depiction of some of the lifestyle), but it's elevated by george c scott, peter doyle's bumbling P.I. shtick and soundtrack by jack nitzsche. 

8mm out of 16mm

Finally watched Tenet. Plot wasn't as hard to follow as I was expecting from what friends have said. But it felt like a dress rehearsal of a film rather than an actual movie.