Das Ewige Leben. more Joseph Hader goodness, so glad I stumbled upon this chap, looks like he's done a bunch of stuff to explore, next up Der Knochenmann!

High Road. easy goin stoner road movie type deal w the nard dog and badger from Breaking Bad. Good for lounging around hungover w shades snackin on pistachios gradually gettin up on t' hair of the dog again. 

Edited by ooqpoo

On 5/12/2021 at 12:08 AM, Rubin Farr said:

The Indiana Jones films finally being released in 4K

As with other Disney titles, if you already own these on digital, they were upgraded to 4K/Atmos today for free.

^ That's pretty awesome (the auto upgrade). Feel like lots of folks would just eff you in the A and insist you buy the upgrade. 

Caveat -   I watched this Irish horror flick because of an article that called it something like "David Lynch meets Saw." I've never actually watched SAW all the way through so can't comment on that. What I will say is, for a low budget indie horror flick, this thing delivers way harder than I expected. Excellent use of sound and tension throughout, definitely some Lynch vibes all around.

Caveats (haha):

• Highly recommend watching this thing with headphones on, so much of the tension is in the excellent soundtrack/sound work.
  • Don't go in expecting production values of like a Hereditary or a It Follows or any of the A24. It's clearly low budget but totally understands its limits. 
  • Watch it all in one sitting (I had to break it up over 2 days because life but kind of wish I'd just powered through - it's a tight hour and a half so not long)
  • It's only available on Shudder but I'm sure enterprising internet people will be able to find it otherwheres

Edited by T3551ER
its not it's
  • Like 3

On 6/7/2021 at 5:19 PM, Mindphaser said:

saint maud. this fucker burned into my mind. quality disturbing psychological horror. like an aronofsky film. 8/10 

this was tight. good use of a small budget, though that showed a bit in the brief moments of CG. effortlessly female led. pretty impressive overall for a debut film.

• Like 1

In The Earth.

Good fun, kinda fell apart by the end. Also every character except Shearsmith (whomst I didn't recognise until I saw his name in the closing credits) was a cardboard cutout.

Relic.

Enjoyed this. Especially when it went all House of Leaves.

The Invisible Man

Way too long and dumb af

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

oh yeah, I watched Relic recently also, it was deece. another small but slick female-led horror joint. Bella Heathcote's acting is kind of bland though, she doesn't have depth.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, usagi said:

oh yeah, I watched Relic recently also, it was deece. another small but slick female-led horror joint. Bella Heathcote's acting is kind of bland though, she doesn't have depth.

she is fit tho

In descending order of awesomd to lame:

First two conjuring movies (main movies) are pretty great. At the end of the day, still going to be a Hollywood affair, but the direction and the acting/character building is pretty top notch. 

The second Annabelle movie (creation) also pretty good (and way better than the first).

The Annabelle Comes Home brings back in the characters from the main series of films and also pretty good. 

Feels like diminishing returns from there. The Nun has some nice bits but kind of falls flat, first Annabelle movie is pretty lame. La Lorna was very meh. 

My 2 cents

• Thanks 1

Clovehitch Killer was pretty good for what it was, the odd timeline of the storytelling was maybe a little cheap but it worked well enough here. the cliche aspects to the story sorta drained things but it could've been way worse, had some good shots and some good acting but one big plot hole that's sorta bugging me. whatevs.

Edited by auxien