American Psycho

amazing performance by Christian Bale , this film does justice to the disturbing book on which it is based - the story being one of the most savage indictments of capitalism.

??/:crazy:

• Like 3

Just hit play on Zack Snyder's Army of the Dead.

After the opening scene, if the intro credits are the best bit then it's worth watching alone. So cool - basically fits all of the zombie clichés into 4 minutes and now I'm excited about what will happen in the rest of the film 

On 6/16/2021 at 5:19 PM, Soloman Tump said:

Just hit play on Zack Snyder's Army of the Dead.

After the opening scene, if the intro credits are the best bit then it's worth watching alone. So cool - basically fits all of the zombie clichés into 4 minutes and now I'm excited about what will happen in the rest of the film 

Tig Notaro’s scenes were so badly acted, it was distracting knowing she was taking to a green screen the entire film. I gave up and just watched the ending, bad.

58 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

Tig Notaro’s scenes were so badly acted, it was distracting knowing she was taking to a green screen the entire film. I gave up and just watched the ending, bad.

The opening credits was the best bit.  

• Like 1

On 6/18/2021 at 9:43 AM, Soloman Tump said:

The opening credits was the best bit.  

It was totally the best bit, as I’ve said before Snyder is still a music video director at heart, and he excels at putting images to music, he’s not an original storyteller. That’s why his trailers are always better than the actual movie.

• Like 1

Box of Moonlight. John Turturro and Sam Rockwell. very rewatchable/fall asleep to kinda film

Prince Avalanche. It was alright, a little more comedy would have done it well and taken itself a little less seriously, but overall v nice, Paul Rudd is always a pleasure 

5 hours ago, Mindphaser said:

dude sticks his dick in a mysterious box and things inevitably get fucked up. 

lol this sounds like an tag line for the best anti-VD ad campaign ever 

• Like 1

Watched Dune Redux the other day.

It's a meticulously edited fan edit using some of Lynch's directing notes, old deleted footage, more of Eno's sound and much more, bringing it closer to what Lynch envisioned I think. Never managed to finish the original cut but this had me glued to the screen, loved it. Now I can finally read the book I have lying around *hides*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/21/2021 at 4:50 PM, chronical said:

Watched Dune Redux the other day.

It's a meticulously edited fan edit using some of Lynch's directing notes, old deleted footage, more of Eno's sound and much more, bringing it closer to what Lynch envisioned I think. Never managed to finish the original cut but this had me glued to the screen, loved it. Now I can finally read the book I have lying around *hides*

I did not know this existing, will seek it out

Tarantino has reincorporated his Once Upon a Time in Hollywood script back into his original novel, which as most film adaptations do, provides extra info on characters and background info:

https://www.amazon.com/Once-Upon-Time-Hollywood-Novel/dp/0063112523/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=tarantino+novel&qid=1624979739&sr=8-3

novel cover.jpg

• Like 4

AAAABS8bMuAQy9Jf6PBWHi1OF-S0Arlc0OU4P53Q

this was great. highly recommended 

Spoiler

the scene with the kid on the cover getting bullied on the bus was proper sobering, but you also see that his father (who tells him to stand up for himself) doesn't get that his being born 20 month premature has given him the disability to articulate that properly. he also fails to grasp that his sister could be victimized strictly for being related to him- something he sees as "making absolutely no sense whatsoever" and either his dad fails to point this out to him due to his age and not hurting him further, or he himself didn't get it. 

so it's a complex problem of seeing someone going through something this serious, and his support system are severely handicapped to help him as well.

• Like 1

Lords of Chaos - entertaining, but totally whitewashed story of Mayhem, with not a Scandinavian accent in sight. The gore effects were good, like a low budget horror flick, but it's disappointing Varg only served 15 years for viciously hacking his bandmate to death for no reason based in reality. Hammy dialogue at the end too, like "see? now I'm dead"

1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

Lords of Chaos - entertaining, but totally whitewashed story of Mayhem, with not a Scandinavian accent in sight. The gore effects were good, like a low budget horror flick, but it's disappointing Varg only served 15 years for viciously hacking his bandmate to death for no reason based in reality. Hammy dialogue at the end too, like "see? now I'm dead"

Jonas Akerlund making a film about Mayhem is somehow even more repulsive than listening to Mayhem. Garbage filmmaker.

• Burger 1