On 8/29/2021 at 12:29 PM, Nebraska said:

md30617484002.jpg

this german exorcist rip off is one of the most awkward exorcist rip offs i've come across. it's directed by the guy that did the school girl report films so every moment of "demonic possession" turns up the exploitation meter by 100 but ends up being disappointing like a high school date.

So it’s the blue balls of Exorcist rip-offs ? lol

Enjoyed The Green Knight. That last twenty minutes when he has the vision of what his decision will mean.

As already said, lush and beautiful cinematography.

Edited by fumi
  • Like 2

Zodiac. With cast and director in mind I should of liked this a lot more than I did. Unlike with music, with films I find it difficult to express the reasons why. I thought the film definitely improved in the last hour, possibly because Jake G started to take centre stage, and I rate him quite high as an actor. But the first half I was struggling not to be bored. A generous 7/10 though more a 6 if I’m honest. 

Edited by beerwolf

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQiKZ_CkYdJFeGH_ldCmj

this is a rather strange yet highly provocative film from tinto brass about an affair betwix the wife of a high ranking fascist official and an ss officer.

Spoiler

on the surface, there's nothing here except the sordid details of their affair (if you know tinto brass, then you know what you're in for), but i realized- the more i thought about it, this is a criticism of the war and italy's involvement in it. the two main characters are somewhat unlikeable- despite her naivaity, the woman is indifferent to the suffering of the people around her as she enjoys the realitively normal and luxurious life- enough to begin an affair with a nazi officer who- in turn- take every opportunity to flaunt their affair to those around them and even in public. 

brass is (literally) one of the last directors from the italian film renascence (at one point even hailed as 'antonioni of the 70s'). his films look amazing, and feel bigger than they really are. elaborate costumes with great casting and acting- and then the one minor problem. everything is framed and communicated from a sexual perspective which makes his films feel tawdry, ribald, one dimensional and uncomfortable for many. 

personally, i don't mind them, but i'd caution anyone who's not familiar with his work to approach with caution

• Like 1

1 hour ago, usagi said:

^ I was just watching that.

Don't Breathe 2 looks bad. pity cos I remember really enjoying the first one.

It's ooookay. It is what it is and you're not bored while watching it.

E7lm7QLXIAENLjN.jpg%3Fname=small

i had high hopes for this considering it came from the same team that gave us the brilliant robowar, but this is literally a 1:1 copy of rambo first blood part 2 except this time, they just ran around in circles somewhere in the philippines and filmed that. there's a couple of classic lines but i feel like it's more indicative of master bruno mattei excellent direction rather than the much disappointing script. 

Spoiler

also worth noting is reb brown does not have the cobra tattoo on his right bicep as some cover artist decided to take liberty with

Edited by Nebraska
  • Like 1

https://thechoiceisyours.whatisthematrix.com/

Well god damn I'm such a sucker for this sort of shit but color my HYPED. Great marketing - click on the blue pill or red pill. Video changes each time (and not just the time stamp - a lot of the scenes seem repeated but I've caught at least one new one literally each time I've clicked on this). 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, T3551ER said:

https://thechoiceisyours.whatisthematrix.com/

Well god damn I'm such a sucker for this sort of shit but color my HYPED. Great marketing - click on the blue pill or red pill. Video changes each time (and not just the time stamp - a lot of the scenes seem repeated but I've caught at least one new one literally each time I've clicked on this). 

This legit made me yell awwwww yeaaaaaaaaaaah at the end, thanks for sharing. Is there any word on it being the last movie in the series?

9 minutes ago, chronical said:

This legit made me yell awwwww yeaaaaaaaaaaah at the end, thanks for sharing. Is there any word on it being the last movie in the series?

hahah IKR?! No idea - very little has been said/revealed about it up to this point (which is crazy given how long it's been in production and how close to release). Would suspect this would be a one-off though... something about these clips feels awfully "final" to me... 

27 minutes ago, T3551ER said:

hahah IKR?! No idea - very little has been said/revealed about it up to this point (which is crazy given how long it's been in production and how close to release). Would suspect this would be a one-off though... something about these clips feels awfully "final" to me... 

I still can't stop watching this, genius idea with the time. I clicked the blue pill and my doorbell rang, neighbor lost his cat he says, while my printer started printing tax papers..

And you're right, this does feel like a big finale of sorts. Matrix always had a special place mang

good marketing. clips look a little too much like bits from the old Matrix movies but i mean, it is the same series obv. sure there'll be much more to it. 

personally i didn't hate the last two films, curious to see where they take this one.

• Like 1

Heaven's Gate (1980)

Curious piece of cinema that has quite a star lineup, set at the end of 19th century in Wyoming, with a rather confusing story line. It's almost 4 hours long! While I love long films, some scenes take too long to establish, or are just overall pointless. There's like 30 min intro showing a college graduation ceremony of the main character and his school mate. It's not a pointless scene though: it establishes one of the corner stones of the story line and moral, but it's way too long. Or a 5 min fiddler on roller skates... The main grudge I have against the otherwise intriguing story is that it is supposed to be based on real historical events but takes so much liberty at changing it, only the character names remain truly authentic, which is quite weird and pointless tbh, and kind of twists the moral behind it. Also, when I read about the real events that this movie was supposed to depict after watching, the liberty taken at the portrayal of characters only makes them shallow, or maybe underdeveloped. Idk really. This film is weird in many ways, but still interesting. I liked the Isabelle Huppert's character and Nat, portrayed by Walken. But the director didn't do a very good job developing him, or giving him enough of story. I still think it's worth a watch though, it's kind of inspiring in a weird, convoluted way, lol.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, auxien said:

good marketing. clips look a little too much like bits from the old Matrix movies but i mean, it is the same series obv. sure there'll be much more to it. 

personally i didn't hate the last two films, curious to see where they take this one.

I'm sure this will be one of those wonderful soft reboots, like Ghostbusters 3 or RoboCop.

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 1