28 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

Didn’t they say there was an entire trans metaphor running thru the Matrix trilogy? Besides all the androgynous characters, I guess.

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-53692435

Yeah. But i mean, it can definitively be interpreted in different ways if you wish. It's one of the cool thing about the Matrix is that it is pretty open for interpretation. It leaves space for the audiences to fill the blank and create a meaning for themselves. You can get many interpretations at many levels.

Whether social, personal, political, philosophical, religious, scientific or just basic narratives and artistic levels. (for better or for worst tho, red pill people im looking at you..)

Did you ever listened to the DVD commentary with Cornel West?

Pretty interesting. I recommend.

Edited by thefxbip
  • Like 1

17e26f1793417864d47d097f90c782a8.jpg

i don't consider myself a fan of spike lee, but this made me re-think that stance. it feels (and looks) like a documentary made in the late 90s about every time NYC has been the epicenter of some tragedy (starting with 9/11). i really wish this was much longer, but it has a really personal charm by being unpolished and having a samaritan sneer. to put it bluntly, it's a very new york type of documentary about new york. so go figure 

recommended

35 minutes ago, _vow_of_silence_ said:

1232791492_Screenshot_2021-09-10-09-53-03-7163.thumb.jpg.d72cce9d4c45fca296cc912d523fce35.jpg

??❤️❤️❤️

Do i detect a Fellow Sion Sono fan? :P

(he didnt write it tho, which often means possible disappointment in my case, the ones he writes are often masterpieces but his director only are quite uneven. but im still excited by the spicy combo of Sono/Cage)

Edited by thefxbip
  • Like 2

6144FE2SCAL.jpg

this is a very different, yet damning commentary on american culture. there is a lot happening though that obfuscates and piles on an already complex message with incredibly dramatic acting almost like you're constantly changing channels on the television and being bombarded with the same message. 

approved!

• Like 1

Birdman (or the unexpected virtue of ignorance). Second watch and yes it is one of my favourite films of all time.

Shot Caller. Wasn’t expecting much from this but actually liked it far more than I thought I would. Pretty decent.

• Like 1