During the weekend I watched this incredible 4-part epic War and Peace. This channel is full of gems.

"My idea is that if evil men are linked with one another and therefore strong, the honest men must only do likewise."

51x6IEkKhWL._SY445_.jpg

a fascinating account of the end of times. main dude (who btw has to be the most annoying protagonist in the entire history of cinema) begins seeing parallels betwix happenings around him and 'revelations' in the good book (he literally will see something around him or on the news, then go read about it in the bible). eventually, he manages to convince his wife and friend (and some chick that digs that dude) to get the hell out of town. they join some military christian group who are pretty much waiting for jesus to come back as they ride the wave of the destruction of earth from their "heavily fortified" compound. 

prophetic out of ten

Edited by Nebraska
  • Like 2

Nightmare Alley - by the numbers noire, but with enough Del Toro quality to make it worthwhile. Had a very 90s era HBO vibe to it, a parable like Tales From the Crypt episodes. Great cast, a few pacing issues, but still a good movie. A-

• Like 3

On 3/24/2022 at 7:05 AM, Rubin Farr said:

MST3K quality material here, somehow they roped Peter Cushing into it, and he looks like he was on his last legs

biggles.jpg

I'm James Biggleworth... 

Great shit film

Half way through Another Round. Very good indeed. Fancy another ? (some nice classic music tracks as well)

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, ooqpoo said:

The Tindler Swindler. Fun little docu about a mischievous dude who likes to swindle the ladies, loved it. 

check out The Puppet Master too, imo superior to Swindler (though I enjoyed it)

• Like 2

I watched Moonfall. It was fun seeing a dumb movie like this again, more shit happens in two hours than six seasons of your average streaming shows. Just complete garbage poopoo, loved it.

• Like 3
  • Big Brain 1

Lucy & Desi / Being the Ricardos- watched both of these on Amazon, pretty middle of the road.
Lucy & Desi is a documentary of audio recordings set to still images, not super entertaining or really that informative.

Being the Ricardos - the fictionalized version, Kidman and Bardem do their best to look like them, but his accent just doesn’t pass for Cuban sometimes. They had an epic love affair, being separated by WWII, then always being on the road for the first decade of their marriage. She was accused of still being a communist as an adult, which almost killed their show. That, along with being denied serious movie careers, alcoholism, and his love of hookers ended their marriage eventually. Historically, she was one of the most powerful women in the history of Hollywood, she’s responsible for Star Trek as we know it today, and he helped develop the 3 camera system that was used in every sitcom for the rest of the 20th century, and is still used by some legacy shows like The Conners.

2J2OilMcbUPgZfyyAhGKrBSd0Fk.jpg

a scottish dude goes on a manhunt for anyone (and everyone) who worked on cannibal holocaust. in colombia, he's accompanied by (probably) the cutest spanish translator who has ever existed. doc is basically the scottish dude's home video despite finding some form of distro for mass consumption. 

• Haha 1

The French Dispatch - I should have known better. lasted probably 30 min before pressing stop. should be no surprise for me since I really haven't cared for Wes Anderson's films in many years. Bottle Rocket, Rushmore, Tenenbaums - I loved all these. the Zissou one was ok. I don't think I've been able to make it through anything he's done since then. it all feels so in your face gimmicky, all style / no substance type thing. oh well. 

• Like 1