Been watching some films

She will (2022) not scary, but decent indie witch drama horror thing, kind of underwhelming in the end. Didn't really care much for the plot. ?

Black Phone (2022) it was alright, too stranger thingsy imo. Ethan Hawke was good. I liked it. ?

Involuntary (2008) this is like dogma 95 Roy Andersson innit. Subtle punches to the balls. Good. Very Scandinavian.?

Beavis and butthead do the universe (2022) delivered the minimum required amount of TP for my bunghole.??

Tim & Eric's Billion Dollar Movie (2012) had to do this one in a few sittings. Borderline unwatchable. I guess don't make movies out of fun awkward skit stuff.?

Mad God (2022) Grim stop motion thing. 80s heavy metal cover artwork the movie. I pretty much loved it. Way more than I think I should.❤️

The King's Man (2021) dogshite?

Everything everywhere all at once (2022) It's like someone took a decent Michel Gondry movie, misunderstood some base level shit and rebooted it as a Marvel Avengers movie. Rather liked it, but it's a bit too much.???

The deep house (2021) Found footage horror about a couple that go diving and find a creepy submerged house. Quite tense in places, but it's hard to care when one of your main characters is such an intolerable douchebag. Only watch if you're a huge fan of the underwater sequence in Dario Argento's Inferno (1980) then this film is for you. Do spooky murky things submerged in dark water sound appealing? This movie is 100% aesthetics and 0% brain. Ending is a big nothingburger ?

The Night House (2021) this was quite scary and clever, but then you get to the end and it turns out it wasn't all that clever after all. Still, one of the more interesting horror things I've seen in a while, even if it cheaps out.?

One cut of the dead (2017) at first I was like what is this shit, but then I was like lol.☺️

The Medium (2021) Thai horror movie that is really rather nice, but turns into some chaotic over the top other thing towards the end. Really loved the woman playing the medium. It was alright I guess, has some short comings and some cool shit ?

The Qatsi trilogy (1982-2002) Starts out with a bang and ends with a wet fart ???

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 2

Started watching the original "The Vanishing" from 1988. The characters and music were so horrible that we had to stop it. Then we put on the new Resident Evil series on Netflix. Watched 15 minutes of it and then stopped it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Squee said:

Started watching the original "The Vanishing" from 1988. The characters and music were so horrible that we had to stop it. Then we put on the new Resident Evil series on Netflix. Watched 15 minutes of it and then stopped it.

Resident Evil fires on all fronts: terrible live action movies, terrible animated movies, and a terrible streaming show. Now they just need to do an NFT and they’re officially Chad.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Big Brain 1

eim9d1k.png

this is exactly the kind of film that exists just so people can say they've never seen it. i think it's made up of footage from two (or more) films not really associated with one another. the first is a wannabe ww2 film that just shows women being tortured (nude). then there's another movie taking place in the late 70s where some people are just going about their lives. one broad looks like melania trump and is living it up having lesbo relationships. there's a dude that ogles dames on the street and another dame that just walks around empty homes. 

in the beginning, they try and jump betwix those two stories, but once melania and this other babe go at it back to her pad the director abandoned the WW2 angle and just keep things rolling with the everyday shit happening and called it a day.

@Nebraska perhaps somewhat of a personal question that you are totally within your rights to not answer, but since your taste in films has been highlighted the past page or so...do you work in the film industry? I know you're in the mecca of that shit, and I've often wondered if you're involved somehow in filmmaking, or related.

echoes-from-a-somber-empire.jpg

i read about bokassa a few days ago and was so in disbelieve i tried to find any footage that supported the claims about him. this guy became president of the central african republic after seizing power from his uncle by killing him. he then declared himself president for life and went on the craziest spending spree any world leader has ever gone on- spending more than half the countries budget for his baller activities such as crowning himself emperor in a napoelon style inauguration. and that was after he killed and tortured all of his opposition and had about 50 wives and countless children (one daughter was the result of an affair with a romanian spy) 

the central african republic has been locked in a perpetual civil war for about 4 decades since and, as one girl put it, there's not much pleasant to say about the country today

this documentary assumes you already know who bokassa is and, at the very least, have some understanding of the people and events surrounding his life because, like the narrator, the purpose is to try and understand why he did what he did not what he did. 

1 hour ago, Nebraska said:

i do. i worked as UPM and now in development 

Cool, any ones you've worked on viewable anywhere? And, when are you gonna make your own sploitation movie! 

@ooqpoo here are two films i worked on that are in the "sploitation genre" although they aren't "my" films. also, i never watched the 2nd film and couldn't even remember what it was about. the first film was sploitation to the max and a result of working on this

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1307858/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1606339/

• Like 1

Very dense visually, Saul Williams’ new Afrofuturistic musical about some kind of cyber village, mostly spoken and sung in Kinyrwanda. Some iffy camera work, but a realized world with some good surrealistic visuals. I’d say it’s the anti-Hamilton, except Lin-Manuel is an executive producer.

5500D091-4575-45CE-A385-7BF17D021B99.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/22/2022 at 3:38 AM, Rubin Farr said:

Very dense visually, Saul Williams’ new Afrofuturistic musical about some kind of cyber village, mostly spoken and sung in Kinyrwanda. Some iffy camera work, but a realized world with some good surrealistic visuals. I’d say it’s the anti-Hamilton, except Lin-Manuel is an executive producer.

watched this last night. this film would literally be perfect were it not for the DP who clearly fucked up big time here filming the entire thing with 2 lenses. 

also, the world created here is extremely rich; at times it reminded me of fantastic planet just rougher around the edges.

unanimous goldmine out of ten

• Like 1

Subscribed to Paramount +.

Watched the new Beavis and Butthead today (one month after release).

Already cancelled subscription once viewing was complete.

• Haha 2

On 7/21/2022 at 2:26 PM, Nebraska said:

@ooqpoo here are two films i worked on that are in the "sploitation genre" although they aren't "my" films. also, i never watched the 2nd film and couldn't even remember what it was about. the first film was sploitation to the max and a result of working on this

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1307858/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1606339/

I haven't seen either of these, but I remember reading the synopsis for Sushi Girl and thinking it sounded interesting. The trailer on the IMDB page is actually pretty good. I might have to check it out.

I just saw NOPE today, and I really liked it. I loved Get Out, though I haven't seen Us. No spoilers, but it's Jordan Peele, so it's not quite what you think, even if you think you know what it is. And the whole cast is wonderful.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Silent Member said:

Where are you guys watching this?

I'm seeing Neptune Frost advertised in a lot of indie theaters. Don't think I've seen it playing at any major chains. I wouldn't be surprised if it needs another month before it goes to streaming, but I don't think they'll wait too long.

EDIT: Or, like Rubin said, iTunes, so I guess it's available for rental and purchase... which I just verified at Amazon. Blu-Ray and DVD seem to be releasing on August 9th. I feel like I should've done some research before writing my initial response.

Edited by Dave3
Wrote the response before I was aware of Rubin's response.
  • Like 1