On 2/14/2023 at 5:19 AM, Nebraska said:

movieposter_en.jpg

speilberg tries to make a speilberg film. i thought this was terrible

more navelgazing Hollywood-on-Hollywood shite. making movies about making movies is, generally, extremely boring to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruising for burgers said:

that's such a fucking great song ^^^

it is, and the girl that plays whitney honestly did a fantastic job despite some shoddy direction and editing.

• Like 1

53EFCED7-CF0A-4E28-9C15-CC2EF09FB321.thumb.jpeg.a36e8f9ee50b79d4a960823369382224.jpeg

watching this movie called House and it’s just terrible.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0091223/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

sound designer/soundtracker did some interesting stuff here and there tho…and the puppets are serviceable…but the whole tone is just stupid and all over the place. features George Wendt and Richard Moll, somehow.

don’t watch it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, auxien said:

53EFCED7-CF0A-4E28-9C15-CC2EF09FB321.thumb.jpeg.a36e8f9ee50b79d4a960823369382224.jpeg

sound designer/soundtracker did some interesting stuff here and there tho…and the puppets are serviceable…but the whole tone is just stupid and all over the place. features George Wendt and Richard Moll, somehow.

don’t watch it.

I haven't seen House in ages, but I remember enjoying it. It one of the good ones in that genre like Terrorvision or Street Trash

• Like 1

7 hours ago, auxien said:

don’t watch it.

Watch House 2 ? 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, ooqpoo said:

I haven't seen House in ages, but I remember enjoying it. It one of the good ones in that genre like Terrorvision or Street Trash

never seen those but the horror+comedy mashup thing has to be done just pitch perfect to work. (Evil Deads, Shaun of the Dead) or just fail exceptionally and be hilarious... imo, of course.

9 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

Watch House 2 ? 

trailer makes it look like the tone might be better but still looks silly in a not-good way

whole thing is up on YT as well

19 minutes ago, auxien said:

never seen those but the horror+comedy mashup thing has to be done just pitch perfect to work. (Evil Deads, Shaun of the Dead) or just fail exceptionally and be hilarious... imo, of course.

trailer makes it look like the tone might be better but still looks silly in a not-good way

whole thing is up on YT as well

House 2 is absolutely ridiculous. At least House 3 had Leon from Blade Runner. They made House 4 , but never seen it, and I believe they want to reboot the House franchise on streaming, ugh.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

House 2 is absolutely ridiculous. At least House 3 had Leon from Blade Runner. They made House 4 , but never seen it, and I believe they want to reboot the House franchise on streaming, ugh.

Oh man! When I was a kid I loved House 1 & 2.  Don’t think I knew about this. The 9 year old me thanks you. 
Kinda hilarious how they dropped the “House 3” part from the title.

Also didn’t know about H4 either! 
Looks like William Katt is back in that one! Gotta see it now. 

Edited by J3FF3R00

^apparently every movie named House is just fucking bizarre.

anyway i just finished Glass Onion and is was pretty decent. it was missing the simple charm of the first film...just a straightforward murder mystery ain't enough these days, i guess... gotta be over the top and obviously trying to waste Netflix's money.

speaking of i tried that 2022 version of Death on the Nile a month or two back and couldn't make it 20 minutes in. it just felt like....cheap expensive. a ton of money and time was spent to make this shoddy, weak crap. like all the terrible liquors/wines....just all marketing money, all of the 'cost' of them is put into the presentation, not into the fucking substance, the taste.

anyway. i also caught the last 5-10 minutes of Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla today and it had more emotion in it than all of Glass Onion so what do i know. :cat:

• Like 2

il_fullxfull.2890342408_4f8d.jpg

really enjoyed this. had never seen it before though everyone's heard of the true story. the aged look and feel of it adds a lot to the visual enjoyment, in an era now where everything has a generic super-clean digital look. it's hokey of course, and I find a slight ridiculousness in its triumphant message, but who cares.

• Like 1

Ravenous is awesome.

I just watched Barbarian. It was...fine. I feel like horror movies these days get rave reviews just because they are comprehensible (see The Menu).

• Haha 1

Yeah, it was allright at best. I was misled!

Edited by Silent Member

220px-SharperFilmPoster.jpg

this film must've been written by an AI written for apple+ and directed and edited by an algorithim. there's a scene where everyone has been superimposed as though they're standing in a parking lot. think about that for a minute. 

julianne moore at least had a good time changing outfits and getting her makeup done out of ten

Knock_at_the_cabin.jpg

didn't enjoy this. 2/10

Spoiler

at first i thought this was an attempt at remaking funny games but with a compulsory twist, but this is much worse. crazy to see m night stuck in this limbo of throw away schlocky drivel like this.

2 hours ago, Nebraska said:

Knock_at_the_cabin.jpg

didn't enjoy this. 2/10

Hide contents

at first i thought this was an attempt at remaking funny games but with a compulsory twist, but this is much worse. crazy to see m night stuck in this limbo of throw away schlocky drivel like this.

Such a weird movie. His movies always have the best tension build-ups and then it suddenly slips on 9000 banana peels and continues to do so until the movie ends. 
The intro with Dave Bautista and the little girl was brilliant and from there on things just started falling apart. 

• Like 1