Yeah it wasn't good and pretty much a waste of Bautista's time. Could see them trying to channel Dave's nuances from the first scene of BR 2049 for an hour n a half, he deserves new material. The close ups during dialogue were pointless and stupid. M. Night is not the man for execution scenes, his PG sensibilities are a detriment to the narrative...like Nebraska said 2/10......3 at a push

• Like 1

Aronofsky in full nihilism mode, it's a great performance, but the middle section of the film drags somewhat. I think this is the first film without Clint Mansell scoring, and it's a subtle soundtrack mostly, but effective.

Spoiler

Making the daughter the villain was brilliant, and no one beats Darren Aronofsky in eliciting an emotional response, you feel the full range of emotions being near Charlie. Including subplots solely through the use of conversation was great as well. This film feels similar to Requiem, as it's not one you want to watch repeatedly.

poster.jpg

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Aronofsky in full nihilism mode, it's a great performance, but the middle section of the film drags somewhat. I think this is the first film without Clint Mansell scoring, and it's a subtle soundtrack mostly, but effective.

Hide contents

Making the daughter the villain was brilliant, and no one beats Darren Aronofsky in eliciting an emotional response, you feel the full range of emotions being near Charlie. Including subplots solely through the use of conversation was great as well. This film feels similar to Requiem, as it's not one you want to watch repeatedly.

poster.jpg

This movie fucked me up. I knew it was Aronofsky and I knew not to expect a feel-good ride but son of a bitch. I thought about it intensely for a week or so after watching it and while Brendan definitely deserves the accolades, I never want anything to do with it again lol.

• Like 1

Saw Godland. In a theatre full if old people because it was an old people movie. Nice pictures, though, of beautiful Icelandic landscapes. And some people died. Not the worst way to spend 100 minuted (iirc)

I had no idea they made a TV adaptation of Kodemus!

https://archive.org/details/NRKTV-FTEA001271-AR-199001040

I don't understand Norwegian, but the original short story is probably my favorite piece of science fiction writing of all time (not so much because it's a grat piece of writing as because it's such an on-point satire of the way smartphones and the Internet - and especially ChatGPT - are changing the fundamental nature of human societies, except it was written in 1971) so it's pretty easy to follow, and fun to see it done with cheap, Doctor Who quality production values.

Edited by TubularCorporation
edited the wrong post.
  • Like 1

MV5BMTgzODA1NDgwOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzQ0

amazing sci fi drama in which a small crew of the "star cruiser prometheus" rescue a trio of women from a bunch of bozos that were clearing not treating them right. question is, what do the crewmen of prometheus do with these hot babes now that they have them? 

lots of science friction out of ten

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Burger 3

13 hours ago, Nebraska said:

MV5BMTgzODA1NDgwOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzQ0

amazing sci fi drama in which a small crew of the "star cruiser prometheus" rescue a trio of women from a bunch of bozos that were clearing not treating them right. question is, what do the crewmen of prometheus do with these hot babes now that they have them? 

lots of science friction out of ten

image.png.3c40dc765ca4bfc3baa61f337a159b06.png

adventure time eyebrows GIF

additional

https://www.yourprops.com/movie/Pleasurecraft%2B%281999%29.html

Pleasurecraft-Spaceship-1.jpg

• Like 2

watched Zoolander for like the fifth time or something... still got some laughs out of it somehow. the multilevel stupidity always tickles my brain i guess

watched From Russia With Love, don't think i've ever seen it. was alright but a little bland i guess.

then did Live And Let Die and was pretty underwhelmed for the most part. first half drags, then the second half has a boat chase scene that i swear was like 30 minutes long with campy Cajun sheriffs and a dozen Dukes of Hazard (on/off water) moments. just silliness. oh, they ran their boats over some land? again? for the fourth time? cool man cool. the whole movie felt like a 70s TV show more than a movie...couldn't quite put my finger on why, maybe it was the meandering script? look wasn't great either tho. music was particularly trash/lacking for a Bond film. absolute minutes of action and chase scenes with no score at all. cringey voodoo thing the whole time too. 

• Like 2

Started to watch Magnolia (Paul Thomas Anderson) but it was a bit late and I was a bit Sunday beered up and I realised this is a film I need to be on the ball with and concentrate on so I’ll leave it until later this week. Oddly enough I don’t know why but I ended up watching Pulp Fiction (which I realised I haven’t see for about 20 years) and I really enjoyed it. Obviously it’s a classic but still I’m glad I rewatched it. 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, auxien said:

then did Live And Let Die and was pretty underwhelmed for the most part. first half drags, then the second half has a boat chase scene that i swear was like 30 minutes long with campy Cajun sheriffs and a dozen Dukes of Hazard (on/off water) moments. just silliness. oh, they ran their boats over some land? again? for the fourth time? cool man cool. the whole movie felt like a 70s TV show more than a movie...couldn't quite put my finger on why, maybe it was the meandering script? look wasn't great either tho. music was particularly trash/lacking for a Bond film. absolute minutes of action and chase scenes with no score at all. cringey voodoo thing the whole time too.

• Haha 2