IGNORED

30 Minute Jungle Party

In the spirt of the 30 minute acid track, I now challenge you all to make a 30 minute jungle track. This one was slightly more than 30 mins, but not by much.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/63542389/jungle1.mp3

enjoy the oldschool goodness.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Frankie5fingers

i really love this idea, but i suck so much with jungle that i probably could not do it. but ill try when i get some time.

make a jungle tune in 30 mins! It should be more like an hour though as 30 mins is pretty rough unless you have the whole setup ready and waiting.

Mine took about an hour, mostly due to me recently switching to Reaper and having to look up how to do things in the manual.

can someone give me a tip for how to make jungle in 30 minutes.

I can do it over the course of a couple hours, but...

Well last night I built a template in Reaper with a couple of instances of Battery pre-loaded with a chopped Amen and a few other breaks. That way tonight I can just pop it open and get down.

Here's a great model.

Just listen to it with a pen and paper. Note down how long each section lasts and what instruments or samples are playing. It's really just like 3-4 different breaks with fills and lead-ins / lead-outs, a pad, a few vocal samples used as instruments in sections, and a fatty sinewave bassline. The entire track is made with a sampler.

Even the pad is just a single sample pitched up and down. Also note how the beat doesn't really ever hit that drum and bass "rolling" stride. It's always halting a bit after each 2 bar phrase.

Totally going to be making another one tonight.

no doubt, it's the 30 minute thing that's the challenge. Thats less time for a full track than I normally spend noodling with a single sound.

So does these 30 minutes include the time it takes to save the track and all that stuff, or can we do that afterwards? If so, I might want to try and do a track.. I've never really made jungle tracks before. I can never make the beats 'roll' like the big guys can, so I usually give up two minutes in.

again and again!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/63542389/jungle2.mp3

Also went over the limit by about 10 mins, but it's getting faster. Still learning Reaper and that. I'm more interested in just making something everyday now :D

Archived