IGNORED

Post Your Most Recent Picture

Joyrex

the highlights of the night for me were seeing a meteorite through the eyepiece (i got very excited, but apparently it's quite common), and viewing andromeda and the veil nebula (pics below not from the starparty) - we also looked at loads of globular clusters, the dumbbell nebula, and uranus and neptune (nebulae are much more impressive than those planets):

h0Nqk30.jpg]

YEAu4Ox.jpg

Edited by kaini

the highlights of the night for me were seeing a meteorite through the eyepiece (i got very excited, but apparently it's quite common)

kaini: "holy shit a meteorite! its a meteorite! i'm actually looking at a meteorite!"

eyepiece expert: "pfsh, big fuckin' deal"

its like watmm irl

the highlights of the night for me were seeing a meteorite through the eyepiece (i got very excited, but apparently it's quite common)

kaini: "holy shit a meteorite! its a meteorite! i'm actually looking at a meteorite!"

eyepiece expert: "pfsh, big fuckin' deal"

its like watmm irl

pretty much. we had two old dudes (in their seventies, lifelong members) sighting stars through the boxy wooden dob i posted above like it wasn't a big deal. no laser sight, just... 'oh, andromeda? just a bit up and to the left of the second star in the plough.' they knew every inch of the sky, incredible shit.

Spose you have the Google star map on your phone, I find that fun to have when going for a walkies at night, even in a city like I am. Slowly adding to my knowledge of where everything is relative to everything else. Well except those damn planets, they keep moving around, but only in one plane though and they have their own colour and brightness.

the highlights of the night for me were seeing a meteorite through the eyepiece (i got very excited, but apparently it's quite common), and viewing andromeda and the veil nebula (pics below not from the starparty) - we also looked at loads of globular clusters, the dumbbell nebula, and uranus and neptune (nebulae are much more impressive than those planets):

h0Nqk30.jpg]

YEAu4Ox.jpg

wtf is this from the hubble telescope or what man

h0Nqk30.jpg]

YEAu4Ox.jpg

wtf is this from the hubble telescope or what man

these are from comparable to what i was looking through. this is what you can see from earth.

i grabbed it off my g+ account because i couldn't be fukt getting up to grab my phone off the charger to connect it to the htpc, it's like a few metres away man, come on. And then my brother installed windows 10.1 on this comp, so gimp doesn't seem to be running, can't find the fonts or something, heh, so i resized the image in paint. Bit pixilaetee. nwae, dleetr on holidae.

2014-09_-_dleetgitar.jpg

why you no appear normal size, i'm a moderator and this shit still doesn't work for me, (remembers that one other user that this happens to all the time and feels for him man). If only i hadn't have been too lazy to just put this up on my website like i normally do. heh. tragic. heheh.

wooooooooooooooooooooooooow, those staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarss..... .. . .. I long for the days when I was young- several thousand years ago- when the night skies could only be seen as paint spatter masterpieces by the gods. The only thing that lights my skies now are places to get blowjobs in the middle of night; or hamburgers.

wooooooooooooooooooooooooow, those staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarss..... .. . .. I long for the days when I was young- several thousand years ago- when the night skies could only be seen as paint spatter masterpieces by the gods. The only thing that lights my skies now are places to get blowjobs in the middle of night; or hamburgers.

LOL

You forgot about the places where you're being tied to a fence and beaten with a jumping rope by 8 year old girls - without a safeword!