IGNORED

Post Your Most Recent Picture

Joyrex

Guest skytree

Welcome back to the board Skytree! It's been a minute..

Thanks man! Good to be back. Here's another couple recent photos to celebrate I suppose (not exactly mugshots but what the heck). This is what I've been doing since I've been gone and one of the reasons I wasn't able to maintain much of a presence here, but I do owe a lot of the inspiration to hangin out with you guys here back in the day:

198623_10151592280425918_118122045_n.jpg

409209_10151393710555918_1158533934_n.jp

Been a blast but taking a break from the road for a while until I build a new kinda live setup.

Look forward to stayin in touch for a good fortnight or three! Hope you're doin well man. (:

Edited by skytree

Guest skytree

UMKpsVH.jpg

what's that green line coming down there?

High-powered laser for spotting/targeting. (: Quite handy for astronomy.

Set exposure for longer, open up the aperture , rest the camera on something stable like a blanket or park bench or buy a tripod. Get a camera/phone with a good sensor.

That be 500 pounds thank you.

Guest skytree

Let's not forget about light graffiti as well with some mega-long exposures and/or mucking about in After Effects & Photoshop. (:

Guest skytree

i prefer to get effects in camera as much as possible. long exposure is especially fun. have had some great results with that.

Indeed - just ran into that issue a bit with creating light graffiti in motion on a standard DSLR and had to resort to post-processing, though we figured it out eventually. Still def prefer a more direct/analog route where possible for sure. For stillframes shouldn't be much of a problem.

i prefer to get effects in camera as much as possible. long exposure is especially fun. have had some great results with that.

Indeed - just ran into that issue a bit with creating light graffiti in motion on a standard DSLR and had to resort to post-processing, though we figured it out eventually. Still def prefer a more direct/analog route where possible for sure. For stillframes shouldn't be much of a problem.

light graffiti? got any pics?

Guest skytree

Here's a video we did with a dancer named David Elsewhere using the technique I mentioned earlier, esp. in the second nighttime half:

Wouldn't mind getting another crack at something like this as there are lots of elements I would improve personally but overall happy with the effect. (:

Edited by skytree

UMKpsVH.jpg

what's that green line coming down there?

High-powered laser for spotting/targeting. (: Quite handy for astronomy.

correct! we were looking at the hercules globular cluster, iirc!

this shot is nothing but long exposure.

oh, and welcome back skytree!

Edited by kaini

Here's a video we did with a dancer named David Elsewhere using the technique I mentioned earlier, esp. in the second nighttime half:

Wouldn't mind getting another crack at something like this as there are lots of elements I would improve personally but overall happy with the effect. (:

ah really nice technique! i would ask you how you did it but... a magician should never reveal their tricks.

Guest skytree

Right on - nice spot to check out! Meant to say nice scope btw. And thanks man. Good to see you're still here!

ah really nice technique! i would ask you how you did it but... a magician should never reveal their tricks.

Cheers - I generally keep it on the DL but for anyone that really wants to know I'm happy to give some tips. (:

Guest skytree

Ok well... Give me a few pointers.

Lots and lots of painstaking layering and transparency, to make a long story short - took heaps of time to render!

Right on - nice spot to check out! Meant to say nice scope btw. And thanks man. Good to see you're still here!

not my scope, wish it was. that's several thousand $$$ of scope when you add the auto-tracking and computerised aiming.

wow that tune is great!