IGNORED

Post Your Most Recent Artwork

Joyrex

I have serious intentions of getting into painting - just kind of abstract expressionistic stuff.

Can anyone recommend a beginners' painting kit? Or am I better or buying piece by piece? I'd pretty much need all the essentials.

Thank you! You lot are so inspiring.

i've only been painting for two years so I am only comfortable with a limited cool palette which is red, yellow, blue, earth tone and white, you can get most colours you'll need out of that

my palette right now: cad red, cad yellow light, cobalt blue, raw umber and titanium white

definitely start with acrylic, its much cheaper. buy a variety of brushes, i work with flat brushes caus i like hard edges.

I made these between 2002 and 2003. Totally amateurish stuff with photoshop filters (and one photo with a low res cell phone camera).

This is my most recent "artwork."

I actually still use some of it on soundcloud/bandcamp because I'm still waiting on my graphic designer brother to hook me up with some dope shit.

post-20515-0-88944300-1534415344_thumb.jpg

Edited by eczem

• 2 weeks later...

I needed some cover art for my ep (hint hint) so I put this together:

29lmw3m.png

This is fuckin' cool. Looks like a world map and some ferns were rammed into a CIA Unicorn's asshole and then given birth again on Venus.

i reallly like this, mind if i post on a page i manage?

Yeah, go ahead. 

Here's the link to the EP also: https://rraaste.bandcamp.com/album/neocognitron-ep

This material is "dura-lar", which is a polyester film. The assembly process is very complex, more than is evident in the final shape. The above piece contains 48 strips - I'm not sure of the exact number, but I'd say there's about 500 folds in all.

I fkn love this, is it processing?

Crypto when I like the vibe you’re going for

hautlle nice digital dirtiness

Spiral always making the nice crisp weirdfuck

Like them all

This is a bit of something I played with the other night and I still like it, made on iPad so curious how it’s gonna look on a bigger screen. I should probably spend the $3 or whatever on the app so I can save high res images. 0267099922904fa144eda08ab5ea8be4.jpg