Post Your Most Recent Artwork

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well not recent. I made these model drawings at art school some 25 years ago.  

This is my friend’s stuff. He’s so god damn good and has finally started sharing his drawings and paintings on Instagram.     

Posted Images

1 hour ago, President Squidward said:

thanks a bunch! will look at these

👍 These are really good. Also, one thing I've noticed in the drawings you post is that you exert a lot of pressure on your pencil. Try to sketch a little lighter: you'll find your lines will become more fluent.

1 hour ago, kieselguhr kid said:

Baby Aardvark named ET saved by Namibian Truck driver and given a ...

this is the post your most recent aardvark thread now

98F0EBFB-1FB6-4179-94E9-4DE1645F550D.png

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

👍 These are really good. Also, one thing I've noticed in the drawings you post is that you exert a lot of pressure on your pencil. Try to sketch a little lighter: you'll find your lines will become more fluent.

98F0EBFB-1FB6-4179-94E9-4DE1645F550D.png

thanks for the advice man!! yeah, i tend to not know anything about how art works and lack the fucking patience and how to use and hold a pencil, i tend to use it either too hard to too soft and always comes off messy, especially with the constant erasing that you can see on all the sketches. it sucks being me XP 

1 hour ago, President Squidward said:

thanks for the advice man!! yeah, i tend to not know anything about how art works and lack the fucking patience and how to use and hold a pencil, i tend to use it either too hard to too soft and always comes off messy, especially with the constant erasing that you can see on all the sketches. it sucks being me XP 

Soft and messy is better than too hard and choppy. With practice it'll get less and less messy.

Also, it's easier to erase.

5 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

Soft and messy is better than too hard and choppy. With practice it'll get less and less messy.

Also, it's easier to erase.

I think my problem is I did this with a shitty mechanical pencil and haven't found a good eraser for art purposes so every time I erase a detail on my drawing it either fucks up the paper or the drawing, I've had instances when the paper rips from erasing too much 😛 

11 hours ago, kieselguhr kid said:

this is the post your most recent aardvark thread now

aardvarks.png

• Like 4
9 hours ago, dingformung said:

Looks pretty cool, did you use Blender?

Cheers. Yep, Blender's been my hobby in lockdown. Mad and great that it's totally free.

3 hours ago, Brian Dance said:

Cheers. Yep, Blender's been my hobby in lockdown. Mad and great that it's totally free.

Yes, it's a fun program. Have tapped into it myself at some point but didn't pick it up again. Been talking to design graduates who ditched expensive 3D modelling software for Blender because it's better

20 hours ago, dingformung said:

Yes, it's a fun program. Have tapped into it myself at some point but didn't pick it up again. Been talking to design graduates who ditched expensive 3D modelling software for Blender because it's better

I'm totally new to 3d as of 2 months ago so haven't played with anything else though all the best renders I see online are done with C4D or Houdini + a fancy render engine .That stuff will set you back thousands so I'm happy dicking about with free software on an old laptop for now.
Apparently Epic Games have recently given loads of money to the Blender Foundation which is bound to speed up development.

• Like 1
Getting to the finish line on this new color pencil and ink piece. This artwork has really reinvigorated my sense of purpose and inspired new ideas for the next one! Remaining uncolored for years, it's been freeing adding a fresh coat of pigment. 🎨
#Prismacolor #Micro #VisionaryArt #PsychedelicArt #Symmetry #Prism #Colorful #Chromatic #ColorPencil #InkPen #ChiagoArtist #Mysterium #MixedMedia

IMG_3532.JPG

• Like 3
On 7/9/2020 at 5:31 PM, Brian Dance said:

I'm totally new to 3d as of 2 months ago so haven't played with anything else though all the best renders I see online are done with C4D or Houdini + a fancy render engine .That stuff will set you back thousands so I'm happy dicking about with free software on an old laptop for now.
Apparently Epic Games have recently given loads of money to the Blender Foundation which is bound to speed up development.

I was in the same position as you recently. I have been playing around with Blender a little, still really a beginner but I have found it an excellent tool to start doing some 3d (even 2d animation) with.

If you have any experience using Unreal engine, they use key frames to animate objects which makes doing simple animations easy. This would definitely be a great place to start. Theres loads of helpful youtube videos

On 7/9/2020 at 4:31 AM, Brian Dance said:

Have you tried writing scripts with Python for Blender to create generative art? That's something I've been wanting to explore, but have been too lazy or busy with other stuff. I have about zero knowledge of both right now, but maybe something to study.

22 hours ago, scottwade said:

I was in the same position as you recently. I have been playing around with Blender a little, still really a beginner but I have found it an excellent tool to start doing some 3d (even 2d animation) with.

If you have any experience using Unreal engine, they use key frames to animate objects which makes doing simple animations easy. This would definitely be a great place to start. Theres loads of helpful youtube videos

I've downloaded Unreal but yet to explore it - just not enough hours in the day and enjoying getting acquainted with Blender rn.
Definitely interested in making some interactive and possibly VR stuff in Unreal though.

20 hours ago, viscosity said:

Have you tried writing scripts with Python for Blender to create generative art? That's something I've been wanting to explore, but have been too lazy or busy with other stuff. I have about zero knowledge of both right now, but maybe something to study.

I'm not so into making totally generative stuff tbh but there are some cool tools I've messed with for generating complex geometry that you can then play with. Check out the (free) add-ons Tissue and jsplacement if that's your thing.
My python skills are rudimentary at best but I'd like to modify the excellent Molecular add-on to make it pay attention to object rotation, honestly not like to happen in the near future though.

Couldn't help but notice that your name is viscosity, that's one of my favourite things to play with in Blender:

Spoiler

839817894_visc1.thumb.png.740f96631387f54684c6d23d30e1baa6.png

305394472_VISC2.thumb.png.2aa44dcfb4c53cc31af50ab3a8eca837.png

That's a cool effect. I'd like to maybe capture a video of some complex geometry that morphs around with interesting shaders like that. l check all these things out, thanks 🙂

• Like 1

Found this I did a long time ago:

20200718-212521.jpg20200718-213026.jpg

20200718-213149.jpg20200718-213914.jpg20200718-213436.jpg

Have dozens of them. Made hundreds of them but lost most/can't find/gave away. Haven't drawn in years. Shitty phone made them blurry but whatever. Inb4 delete bcs theres GENITALS

Edited by dingformung
  • Like 9