IGNORED

Post Your Most Recent Artwork

Joyrex

3dsmax pretty much the only one I can use. Trying to get into zbrush but it's confusing as fuck.

ive always wanna get into something like this. you should run this through a 3d printer, would be an awesome model.

Yeah that's what i was gonna say. Once you've slapped on some textures and finished it off. Need to use that program to make sure that it's properly balanced. Couldn't see if it accepted 3dsmax files. mleh iem yuesles.

yyelQfK.jpg

Don't know if I will get chance to finish this. Needs texturing and it will take me awhile to do. So I'll post it how it is now. Few hours every evening over a month this is the result.

i quit. fuck you. argh.

you're gonna UV unwrap that? jesus christ.

wanna share an OBJ or FBX?

That's why I'm put off texturing cause it's a bitch to unwarp. You can do it different ways depending what you want to with the end product.

Low Polly projection on to high Polly mesh

Name the parts and render in keyshot (easiest)

Or blended box mapping

None of those Bode well for animation though.

Yeah let me sort out a few things with it and I will pm you the file.

chopping it in half and using symmetry mod will help with texturing... just convert to poly after? if you're using max 2012 up, using a CAT rig instead of standard rigging would help for animating, there's a nice spider CAT rig preset you could mod...

i'm guessing there's a shitload of NURBS/meshsmooth stuff goin on here...

Edited by kaini

yyelQfK.jpg

Don't know if I will get chance to finish this. Needs texturing and it will take me awhile to do. So I'll post it how it is now. Few hours every evening over a month this is the result.

i quit. fuck you. argh.

you're gonna UV unwrap that? jesus christ.

wanna share an OBJ or FBX?

That's why I'm put off texturing cause it's a bitch to unwarp. You can do it different ways depending what you want to with the end product.

Low Polly projection on to high Polly mesh

Name the parts and render in keyshot (easiest)

Or blended box mapping

None of those Bode well for animation though.

Yeah let me sort out a few things with it and I will pm you the file.

chopping it in half and using symmetry mod will help with texturing... just convert to poly after? if you're using max 2012 up, using a CAT rig instead of standard rigging would help for animating, there's a nice spider CAT rig preset you could mod...

i'm guessing there's a shitload of NURBS/meshsmooth stuff goin on here...

Yeah Max 2013. I would really like to animate it so I may look into that. Never used nurbs either just pure Polly pushing with turbosmooth added.

Cheers for the kind comments guys.

A time lapse video I made at work...took a day and a half to plan this out, in order to minimise handling of the objects, and two and a half hours to shoot the ballbag.

Contains 3.14159265358979323846% of your recommended daily allowance of RDJ:

:aphexsign:

Okay- you dyudez/dudettez who are posting visual art who do not have website links up-- please post your personal art website along with these pics if it exists, because I am constantly collecting a crew of IDM artists and there might be a time where I bookmark something and then revisit it 500 years later, when I have a better helicopter. Also, other ppl prolly wanna visit, as well.

Cool stuff, yoz. KEEP THIS THREAD GOING!!!!!

~ A R T * P A W A ~

Cool time lapse! Are you stacking them for storage? What the oldest item you have there?

:beer:

Yeah, that's our biggest bay in the store and the only place we can keep our vehicles without 'em getting in the way of other stuff.

Off the top of my head, we have a couple of proper old-school fire engines which are the oldest things (I think), that you'll see near the end of the vid...pretty sure the smaller one is from the late 1780s...the large red one is from the 19th century.

Made this thing on a ZX Spectrum Emulator (first computer I had when I was a kid) - first time have tried making computery stuff

zxmonster.jpg

I kinda think it looks better on B+W mode

zxgray.jpg

Actually yeah I think you guys are right about the colours, I did put quite a bit of thought into them

Go for it Spiral =) will send an enlarged version of the original bitmap if you like? (to make sure there's no JPEG artifacts) the only thing would be finding an online printer that does that bleach in style printing - a big plastic rectangle would make it a bad t-shirt

btw have read this whole thread and there's some excellent stuff - gonna take forever but want to read all of the original thread

A time lapse video I made at work...took a day and a half to plan this out, in order to minimise handling of the objects, and two and a half hours to shoot the ballbag.

Contains 3.14159265358979323846% of your recommended daily allowance of RDJ:

:aphexsign:

Made this video of skyscrapers in downtown Houston and synced it to one of my tracks.

ooooh i love these both!!!

how did you get youtube to post without compression Jonathan? they always mess my videos up.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Poster I co-designed with a mate - should be able to post up some Gum Bichromate photos i'm doing for it, will be nice to contribute to this thread again :)

1187198_664401603578624_1117468135_n.jpg

Nice work!

Made this thing on a ZX Spectrum Emulator (first computer I had when I was a kid) - first time have tried making computery stuff

zxmonster.jpg

This is fun. I had a Spectrum when I was a kid too (#nostalgia)