IGNORED

Post Your Most Recent Artwork

Joyrex

Guest bitroast

14218976604_0c85216fd0_o.jpg

hopefully not too sacrilegious but ..

this is enjoyable to look at and I am currently using this as my iphone background. ta, thank you !

Very nice. Is it real paint?

I switch between acrylic and oil...The palette picture was acrylic, the top one is a mix of anything i'm using that I have leftover that I toss on there.

Yea so me and my Tolkien buddies made a Hobbit film. If you know what I look like you'll find me in a couple of roles lol

Very nice!

Edit:and geeky.

Edited by Gocab

ive got an exhibition in brighton right now where ive got these done layered up on transparent acrylic so they are 3D

selling them too if anyones interested - theres loads more but it takes ages to post them

'aquatic specimens of kepler 22-b'

red+cranhead.jpg

crabbie+red.jpg

orange+crabhead+var+5.jpg

red+trilobyte+2.jpg

crabbie+dark+XY.jpg

sea+blood+spider+blood+bettererer.jpg

Edited by lala

lala those are great and I'm sure most people would love them just as they are but if I can suggest an idea - the symmetry is so perfect it renders the forms more uniform and less myriad (?) looking - just small variations in angles of all the limb sections would really bring these to life

sorry to be negative, I love the colours and the ideas, and printing on perspex sounds perfect

yeah i understand what you mean - it would add to their lifelike-ness wouldnt it.

sometimes i like the symmetry tho - you can see other patterns within the main shape

Cool stuff guys. Esp. the 2nd one of Zooluus.

Here's some colourful round things:

torus_5_by_th555-d7md08e.png

a modulus umbrella?

Been making some alien landscape type things

10394114_10152461842159752_1805172543581

10352759_10152454124569752_9107909404704

10369610_10152434872494752_7648397707959

heh i like this! lots of fun

yeah i understand what you mean - it would add to their lifelike-ness wouldnt it.

sometimes i like the symmetry tho - you can see other patterns within the main shape

I really like the symmetry.

It might be better to have some of them on a background other than white, like in your avatar.

these are on a few layers of transparent acrylic...

every layer of acrylic adds 2 reflection layers so too many layers you end up with a mirror if the background is black...

i love the black background ones but i made a load of bad looking ones due to this problem, and the print process being bad at the darker tones.. lots of too-dim back-most layers...

so transparent works best!

Edited by lala

• 2 weeks later...